Wiki Posts
Search

60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
So who won?

Seriously, is this a serious offer to distribute magazines to VA institutions? If so, could you provide a bit more info on what you do that takes you on your appointments? I don't mean to pry, but I'd seriously consider such de facto donations. Send a pm if you prefer.
I am a 50% disabled veteran of the Air Force. I was a cold war Minuteman III Missile systems analyst, repairing and targeting everything in the silos in colorado, wyoming, and nebraska many moons ago. I have had 15 surgeries in the past and will have two more in the next five months, so I am at either a hospital in Tampa, St. Pete, or the Cape coral clinic about every three weeks for a doctor appt, labs, MRI, or x-rays. Each place has different specialties, so a lot of time in the road, and there are many waiting rooms. Just the lab ag St. pete (Bay Pines) always has at least 50 people waiting when i am there, so having something to read is a plus, same at x-ray. When I started going to the VA in the 1980's it was all old guys from WWII and Korea, now it is young guys from the current conflicts missing body parts, they will be coming into the system for the next fifty years. I get my tidy disability check every month, free care and meds, and do not have to deal with the current health insurance mess, although I did once wait 36 months for a specialty appointment.

BTW, Obama won, read that at my Mammogram last month!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA

Last edited by JudyJFLA; Nov 25, 2013 at 4:45 am
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
Anyone know if the 2,500 bonus for $250 spend is one time, or is it given for every $250 spend?
Per the terms, it is just once, up to 2500 miles.

Judyjfla
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: All of 'em
I'm trying to convince my non-US friends in the country I'm located to jump on this.
Maybe they can set up 2 accounts to maximize the 2.5k bonus.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:37 am

Eligible on Magazine subscriptions only (automatically renewed subscriptions are not eligible).
I take it gift cards are not eligible.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: All of 'em
Originally Posted by Shimon
Hmm... this applies to gift cards?
It did when I did it last year, but no double dip for me.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club
$185 in spend + 1,500 bonus for 12,600 miles. 1.47cpm not bad. Hopefully these post faster than ebags points.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Non american credit cards and paypal accounts doesnt work it seems !? I tried but was not sucessfull.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Wish they had the New York Times or something, I think I'm going to get the $100 Economist sub... And 6k miles. Not bad and good reading material
Does anyone know of any mileage-earning opportunity to subscribe to the New York Times?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
I am a 50% disabled veteran of the Air Force. I was a cold war Minuteman III Missile systems analyst, repairing and targeting everything in the silos in colorado, wyoming, and nebraska many moons ago. I have had 15 surgeries in the past and will have two more in the next five months, so I am at either a hospital in Tampa, St. Pete, or the Cape coral clinic about every three weeks for a doctor appt, labs, MRI, or x-rays. Each place has different specialties, so a lot of time in the road, and there are many waiting rooms. Just the lab ag St. pete (Bay Pines) always has at least 50 people waiting when i am there, so having something to read is a plus, same at x-ray. When I started going to the VA in the 1980's it was all old guys from WWII and Korea, now it is young guys from the current conflicts missing body parts, they will be coming into the system for the next fifty years. I get my tidy disability check every month, free care and meds, and do not have to deal with the current health insurance mess, although I did once wait 36 months for a specialty appointment.

BTW, Obama won, read that at my Mammogram last month!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by claurianta2
At this rate it almost makes sense to just subscribe to a gazillion magazines... 1.7 cpm is a good deal.
Agreed. If I was convinced this would come through, I would go all in on this, as in spending thousands of dollars. As it was, I went for $250, with the magazines going to a good cause (thanks Judy!). I wish there was verification that the AA number was on the order.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:14 pm
Used to be highman123

Buy AAdvantage miles for 0.8 cents/mile potentially (magazines.com promotion)

The AAdvantage mall has a promotion with magazines.com that gives you 60(!) miles per dollar for all purchases. This is the highest offer per dollar spend of any normal purchase I have ever seen.

If you buy magazine subscriptions for family and friends that's already a good way to 'buy' AA miles for 1.66 cents/mile. Your friends may appreciate the subscription and you get a business class flight to Asia for $1,666 + fees.

I have been buying gift cards from magazines.com this year and for every purchase I received the full amount of miles. If you buy a gift card and sell the gift card at abcgiftcards.com you will loose about 50% of the value.

However since you get 60 miles per dollar you are essentially buying AA miles for 0.8 cents/mile. This is a great deal!

Of course the question is if magazines.com still posts miles for gift card purchases. Also abcgiftcards.com may stop buying the gift cards if more people send them in. So you may have to wait or sell them on ebay (risky!).

Screen shots on my blog - though I think this deal is self explaining...

http://www.mightytravels.com/1323275..._promotion.php
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
I made an order through the portal last week and my confirmation posted in 4 days. Hoping to get same turnaround/confirmation this time.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:02 pm

Buy AAdvantage miles for 0.8 cents/mile potentially (magazines.com promotion)

Is there anyway to take advantage of this if you live in Canada? It seems to only be for US Residents.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
I've just cancelled an order with several magazines after going back to see "more info" all are auto renewed. This is a bit tricky - have not found a magazine I'm interested that's NOT part of the automatic renewal service. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
I've just cancelled an order with several magazines after going back to see "more info" all are auto renewed. This is a bit tricky - have not found a magazine I'm interested that's NOT part of the automatic renewal service. Any suggestions?
You can change them in your setting to Manual Renewal. I did for the one I ordered.

Sign in to your account > Manage Subscriptions > Edit Information > Finally click the EDIT button (Kind of hidden next to the Subscription Information tab > Change to Manual

I hope this helps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.