60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by shocky
Employment Relations Today sells for over 900$ and could save a lot of trees. Seems to be legit, ie not international, not a journal as far as I can see.. Anything I'm missing here??

http://www.magazines.com/employment-...efault,pd.html
But isn't the 60 points/$ mileage bonus limited to just certain magazines that pop up when you link to the site via the special offer, rather than any magazine at the site? If so, I believe that would exclude this particular publication.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:19 pm

I have an US CC - but I'm really debating whether to pull the trigger on this.

Have 200K in AA miles that I have yet to burn... More worried about an impending devaluation given the AA/US merger.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
It did when I did it last year, but no double dip for me.
I did $250 in Gift cards on the 26th and received an email order number confirmation, but so far it is not listed in order history or at AA Shopping. Let the emails begin for the 15,000 miles!

JudyJFLA
Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
I did $250 in Gift cards on the 26th and received an email order number confirmation, but so far it is not listed in order history or at AA Shopping. Let the emails begin for the 15,000 miles!

JudyJFLA
I don't think gift cards qualify. The T&Cs say this
Eligible on Magazine subscriptions only
If this is wrong, I might buy some gift cards...
Old Nov 30, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
Stupid question here, but what's stopping you from canceling on day 91, so you're eligible for the miles, but are only paying around 25%?
Maybe ethics? If people attempt this then the process to enjoy these promotions in the future will, for sure, be made more onerous.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
My daughter ordered mags for just over 250 dollars. She was shocked to find an acknowledgement of a cancellation she never made. She fired back some angry letters. Let's see what happens. What a disgrace.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
FYI - 3/4 of my magazines subs are now showing as "Confirmed" on the eshopping site. The one that didn't credit was New York Mag. I'm obviously writing to Cartera to get this rectified, but just wanted to share the info in case anyone else is still looking to make purchases and doesn't want to have to deal with the headache.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Maybe premature to be concerned, but I did check my account activity on the AA shopping portal to see if my 11/26 Magazines.com transaction had shown up. It has not, so I sent Cartera a "Missing Activity" email. We'll see what that generates.

My experience with Cartera has generally been pretty awful and I was relieved when I no longer had to be a slave to them for AA Lifetime miles. This was my first transaction wth them since the change to BIS miles, and may be my last depending on how they handle this.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by bosman
Maybe premature to be concerned, but I did check my account activity on the AA shopping portal to see if my 11/26 Magazines.com transaction had shown up. It has not, so I sent Cartera a "Missing Activity" email. We'll see what that generates.

My experience with Cartera has generally been pretty awful and I was relieved when I no longer had to be a slave to them for AA Lifetime miles. This was my first transaction wth them since the change to BIS miles, and may be my last depending on how they handle this.
This was my first transaction on AA portal. It does state "Please allow 2-3 weeks for a transaction to be posted in a pending status, with an additional 1-3 weeks to confirm your transaction."
Old Nov 30, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by cricfan777
This was my first transaction on AA portal. It does state "Please allow 2-3 weeks for a transaction to be posted in a pending status, with an additional 1-3 weeks to confirm your transaction."
In for just under $300 in mags. If my math is correct that's:

(300 * 60) = 18,000mi (eShopping) +
2,500mi (Holiday Bonus) +
300mi (Spend)

For a total of 20,800AA at a cost of $300 or 1.44cpm -- really hard to argue with those numbers. I'm really looking forward to Fish Farmer Monthly. Then, I can get a tax rebate for donating the Economist to somewhere it might be appreciated more.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by whimike
Maybe ethics? If people attempt this then the process to enjoy these promotions in the future will, for sure, be made more onerous.
I'd be shocked if they didn't claw back the miles.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by arcticbull
Quote:

Originally Posted by whimike

I'd be shocked if they didn't claw back the miles.
Terms and conditions does say "orders cancelled before 91 days not eligible"

Soooooooo seems like @ 92 days you're fine lol
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
This was a hopeless promo for any non us resident
I hear US Airways share miles is coming back on Monday Dec 2. Better for the environment and pocket.

Keep fingers crossed!
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Back to 20 miles per dollar :-(

DEAD
Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:31 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Choice Hotels Gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Back to 20 miles per dollar :-(

DEAD
Offer was only good until Nov 30.

Happy I made my $130 purchase before midnight. What a great offer that was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.