Community
Wiki Posts
Search

60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by mikedlk
Here is what I asked cartera and their response:
They claim Time Magazine is a journal. I've sent a follow-up message, where I dispute the classification of Time Magazine as a "journal."

It seems like they either have A) monkeys working in their customer service department or B) want to come up with the dumbest reason to not award points.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:52 am

One of my previous orders did not get posted so I contacted Cartera. They replied and asked me to send email receipt. I did but then there was no update for more than a week. I sent another email for status update but they never responded. How can I get their attention? TIA!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:58 am
Company Representative

Magazines.com Posting Issue

Cartera Commerce is sorry for any confusion that may have been caused by purchases you have made through the offer on AAdvantage eShopping for Magazines.com. We have been in contact with Magazines.com and were informed that Magazines.com experienced a processing issue involving a handful of magazine title purchased (e.g., Cosmopolitan, Entertainment Weekly, Mens Health, Time Magazine, etc.). As some have noted, awards for other eligible purchases at Magazines.com, even if the order basket also included one of the affected titles, have been processing properly. This Magazines.com processing issue caused purchases of the affected magazines to be identified as “ineligible” purchases, and so Magazines.com did not report those specific magazine purchases to Cartera or provide miles awards to Cartera for those specific magazine purchases. However, Magazines.com has notified Cartera that this issue is in the process of being resolved by the Magazines.com team, and those members who have purchased those eligible subscriptions will be awarded for their eligible purchases in the next several weeks. We appreciate your patience as this issue is being resolved by Magazines.com.”
Old Dec 12, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by CarteraCommerce
Cartera Commerce is sorry for any confusion that may have been caused by purchases you have made through the offer on AAdvantage eShopping for Magazines.com. We have been in contact with Magazines.com and were informed that Magazines.com experienced a processing issue involving a handful of magazine title purchased (e.g., Cosmopolitan, Entertainment Weekly, Mens Health, Time Magazine, etc.). As some have noted, awards for other eligible purchases at Magazines.com, even if the order basket also included one of the affected titles, have been processing properly. This Magazines.com processing issue caused purchases of the affected magazines to be identified as “ineligible” purchases, and so Magazines.com did not report those specific magazine purchases to Cartera or provide miles awards to Cartera for those specific magazine purchases. However, Magazines.com has notified Cartera that this issue is in the process of being resolved by the Magazines.com team, and those members who have purchased those eligible subscriptions will be awarded for their eligible purchases in the next several weeks. We appreciate your patience as this issue is being resolved by Magazines.com.”
Thanks for letting us know! Hope you guys do more of that in the future.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by CarteraCommerce
didn't you guys get sued over shennagins like this?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
CarteraCommerce

Thank you for posting. My miles have not posted from my order yet. Who should I e mail to confirm my order on your end? Magazines.com has confirmed my order is good on their end.

Thank you
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by arcticbull
Thanks for letting us know! Hope you guys do more of that in the future.
+1. Thanks for the update!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by kvs25
didn't you guys get sued over shennagins like this?
Yep. 1 Link.

But lost, though got all this miles. 2 Link.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by nydave11
CarteraCommerce

Thank you for posting. My miles have not posted from my order yet. Who should I e mail to confirm my order on your end? Magazines.com has confirmed my order is good on their end.

Thank you
CarteraCommerce,

I am in the same boat as Dave. My miles have not showed up in my transaction details, despite attempting the "refresh" trick. I have confirmed twice through Magazines.com that my order was linked and email support from Cartera won't talk to me again until Dec 26 (30 days after order). I ordered $1k of magazines.

Can you help and keep me from checking every couple days to see if my order shows up?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:40 pm

Has anyone's miles posted
I have 15,000 showing as confirmed on my AAdvantage Shopping page, they have been there for over 2 weeks
but no miles have posted to my AA account yet
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:52 am

I ordered $500+ worth of magazines on Thanksgiving.

Nothing posted for two weeks so I ate my own words (of just calm down and wait) and sent an email to inquire. I got a reply saying my miles would post and they were having an issue with their vendor.

Most of my miles posted today in the portal...all but ~$30 worth. I did have to click the "refresh" button on the website (which is different than refreshing your browser).

I'm happy. I will probably follow up for the 1800 missing miles at some point but I'll have enough for my biz class redemption to Asia as soon as these post.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Same here. Magazines.com says i will get the 15,000 miles for my order in 6-8 weeks, but there is still no mention of the $250 purchase on the AA shopping site, and Cartera will not write back. Also it would put me at the $250 total for the bonus miles from the mall as well from the promo near the end of Nov. I am not buying for the bonuses on any of the other Cartera malls until this gets sorted out.

Judyjfla
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:18 pm

Miles posted today after a purchse on 11/26. The amount, of course, is wrong, and about $100 worth of purchases is missing, but at least we're making progres...
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uthornsgo
Miles posted today after a purchse on 11/26. The amount, of course, is wrong, and about $100 worth of purchases is missing, but at least we're making progres...
Everything of mine has posted except two magazines. So yeah, progress. Not too worried about it yet...
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
I had no problems with my Magazines.com posting quickly, I'm just curious when the additional bonus for making a $250 purchase during the same timeframe will post.

I can't recall any recent problems with quick and accurate posting (outside of the disputed / error rates like 70,000 miles for buying a $2 bedazzled phone cover or whatever that deal was).

The 'trick' I use is that my browser always clears all history and cookies every time I quit. So when I'm going e-shopping through a referral link, I just make sure to open a new, clean browser with no history. I'm also a little bit obsessive about if I click around and browse, etc, I decide / note what I'm going to buy, close my browser, open a clean version, and then click through and buy exactly what I want immediately. Sure I shouldn't have to do it, but in the long run it makes things easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.