Reload this Page >

60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 1:58 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
But isn't the 60 points/$ mileage bonus limited to just certain magazines that pop up when you link to the site via the special offer, rather than any magazine at the site? If so, I believe that would exclude this particular publication.
Do you mean the link showing the Black Friday extra 50% off sale? I ordered first from among those magazines, and after realizing that given the total cost, I wouldn't be getting many miles at all, went back the next day and ordered from among all the magazines on the site. Funny thing, the transaction for the second order has already shown up on AA showing the full 60x miles earned, but nothing from the much-smaller-mileage-earning first order.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
Do you mean the link showing the Black Friday extra 50% off sale? I ordered first from among those magazines, and after realizing that given the total cost, I wouldn't be getting many miles at all, went back the next day and ordered from among all the magazines on the site. Funny thing, the transaction for the second order has already shown up on AA showing the full 60x miles earned, but nothing from the much-smaller-mileage-earning first order.
Sorry, my mistake. When I first looked at the magazines.com site, it seemed that only a relative handful of magazines were available...that's why I thought the one you mentioned might not qualify. AFAIK now, there aren't the restrictions I was concerned about.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:04 am
Suspended

I bought about $70 in mags. Only thing showing up is $15 in "eligible spend" under my AA shopping portal. I understand I need to give time for my other transactions to show up, but given that I got all my mags under 1 transaction, is there any reason only $15 (900 miles) would show up?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Nevermind. I see that each magazine is technically a different order.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, Hyatt, Priority Club
Magazines.com not honoring promotion

Update to cancellation of orders by magazines.com.

I originally placed an order for magazines to be donated to a nonprofit. My order was cancelled along with all my orders for friends and family.

Magazines.com is refusing to honor the 60 miles/$ promotion. Jim Wagner, the manager, will only tell me its because my original order (which consisted of magazines to myself and husband who are currently stationed overseas, a nonprofit that sends magazines to troops stationed overseas, and various christmas gifts) included a donation to a nonprofit and thus all orders are cancelled. They will not even let an order go through for a $24 subscription to my nephew.

I was very excited about this promotion because it fulfilled several Christmas gifts and gave me a reason to buy some magazines my husband and I read. I was even more excited that it allowed me to accrue miles to get me and my children home to the US this summer to visit grandparents since the government eliminated R&R for our post.

I am so upset and disappointed by Magazines.com's action and the rude and uncompromising behavior of Jim Wagner. It is so blatant that they are trying to back track on the promotion.

Does anyone have any advice? I know I'm out of luck on the promotion but this company must be reprimanded. Better Business Bureau? Tennessee Attorney General? This is just so outrageous!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Travelingmom2three
Update to cancellation of orders by magazines.com.

I originally placed an order for magazines to be donated to a nonprofit. My order was cancelled along with all my orders for friends and family.

Magazines.com is refusing to honor the 60 miles/$ promotion. Jim Wagner, the manager, will only tell me its because my original order (which consisted of magazines to myself and husband who are currently stationed overseas, a nonprofit that sends magazines to troops stationed overseas, and various christmas gifts) included a donation to a nonprofit and thus all orders are cancelled. They will not even let an order go through for a $24 subscription to my nephew.

I was very excited about this promotion because it fulfilled several Christmas gifts and gave me a reason to buy some magazines my husband and I read. I was even more excited that it allowed me to accrue miles to get me and my children home to the US this summer to visit grandparents since the government eliminated R&R for our post.

I am so upset and disappointed by Magazines.com's action and the rude and uncompromising behavior of Jim Wagner. It is so blatant that they are trying to back track on the promotion.

Does anyone have any advice? I know I'm out of luck on the promotion but this company must be reprimanded. Better Business Bureau? Tennessee Attorney General? This is just so outrageous!
So what you're saying is: they cancelled your order only because you're donating them to nonprofits?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, Hyatt, Priority Club
Yes. That is what the manager said. That is why the first order was supposedly cancelled. It included both magazines to myself, gifts, and the nonprofit. So I then separately placed orders for my personal subscriptions and gifts to family members (most Christmas gifts but a few birthday gifts as well...I have four birthdays in December alone to buy for). None of those were allowed to go through. Jim Wagner will only tell me that its because my original order contained subscriptions to the nonprofit. It makes absolutely NO sense. He did not even sound confident in his response. His voice was shaky. When I tried to press him, just kept saying like a robot that NONE of my orders would go through because the first order contained subscriptions for the nonprofit.

What I think is most telling (and I should have included in my prior post) was the sales rep I spoke to before speaking to the manager told me the notes in my file indicated there was a problem with the shopping website I clicked through (meaning the AA shopping portal!!!). Translation: the problem was not with where the subscription was being sent, but that I clicked through the 60 miles/$ spent on the AA shopping portal website!

Ugh.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
I haven't received any of the bonus miles yet (orders placed 11/25 and 11/28) nor has it shown up but I got an email from magazines.com customer service confirming some dupe orders.

Was charged same day for the amounts. At least they have a 90 day guarantee. If the miles don't post, will cancel everything.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Travelingmom2three
I am having serious problems with Magazines.com

I first tried to place a large order of magazines for a nonprofit that sends magazines to troops stationed overseas. The magazines go directly to the nonprofit who then sends them out to various locations. The nonprofit provides an address to which to send the subscriptions. Magazines.com cancelled my order for violating some "rule."

Next, I placed orders for legitimate gifts. I have a large family and ordered several subscriptions for nieces and nephews, elderly family members in nursing homes, and other family members who I knew would enjoy them. I kept each order between $500 and $1,000. I also ordered some magazines for myself and for my business. Each of these subscriptions is 100 percent legitimate and will be enjoyed and used. Magazines.com cancelled EVERY SINGLE ORDER. I did not receive a notification that the order was cancelled. Rather, I logged into my account to check. All in, I hoped to spend about $4,000 for magazine subscriptions.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Are any large orders actually going through? Magazines.com gives me the runaround when I called to straighten the order out.

I am preparing a complaint to file with the Tennessee Attorney General's Division of Consumer Affairs.
How did you know they were cancelled (just wondering so I can check mine)? Does it say "cancelled" in the order status?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by silver-tls
I haven't received any of the bonus miles yet (orders placed 11/25 and 11/28) nor has it shown up but I got an email from magazines.com customer service confirming some dupe orders.

Was charged same day for the amounts. At least they have a 90 day guarantee. If the miles don't post, will cancel everything.
Mine haven't posted yet, either - transaction from the 26th.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Mine haven't posted yet, either - transaction from the 26th.
Not yet pending on the eshopping portal transactions yet either?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by dwei
Not yet pending on the eshopping portal transactions yet either?
Exactly.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: AmEx Plat, Marriott Plat; SPG//HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Global Entry, AA Plat, DL, US
I ordered over $250 in magazines and ONLY because of the 60mi per $ promotion. All I see is a 11/24 (date of order) "AADVANTAGE ESHOPPING SOLO BONUS - SPEND $35 AND EARN 2000 BONUS MILES" note on my account. I've received no emails from magazine.com stating that anything has been cancelled and, in fact, when I log into my magazine.com account, all of the orders appear to be there. I made the subscriptions out to myself and two friends.

Unfortunately, one friend already received a confirmation, but I'd gladly cancel the rest if they don't honor the promotion.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:46 pm

20 per dollar now
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:49 pm

I placed 2 orders the 24th and 28th, nothing posted yet either. but I have order confirmation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.