Community
Wiki Posts
Search

60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: All of 'em
Originally Posted by rajqo
is possible to get magazines into e-mail as PDF or somehow online? I do not live in the US (in Ireland) nor have US adress of delivery (they don't ship outside US I think) but I want to take the advantage of this offer
You can always list a hospital as the delivery location.
Or I'm sure s/o here would be willing...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I received an email from magazine.com requesting that my order was place from aa.com shopping portal, they replied saying it was from Cartera Commerce, which means the same thing correct?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:42 pm

Foreign Credit Cards

I contacted Magazines.com, and they say they can process an order with a foreign credit card over the phone, as long as delivery is in the US.
I've now asked if they will honor the miles if I do that.
I'll post an update when I hear back!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
If anyone is looking for a place to send magazines..This org is a worthy cause and focuses in on ill children and their families

http://hugslove.org/about-us/
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
Has anyone confirmed if the Economist is eligible or not?

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS, SPG
Anyone want to get me People magazine? PM me
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rstruthe
I contacted Magazines.com, and they say they can process an order with a foreign credit card over the phone, as long as delivery is in the US.
I've now asked if they will honor the miles if I do that.
I'll post an update when I hear back!
I placed an order using my AU credit card and it went through fine. The post code needs a bit of a tweaking, with city to match, but other than that it was a-ok.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Have non-US residents had trouble with miles posting from the AA shopping portal?

Ready to pull the trigger on $1000 of subs, for the kid's hospital in LA, but want to be sure I'll actually get the miles.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
I do believe those terms simply refer to auto-renewal of a subscription you may already have. For example, if you already get SI, subscribing again will not earn the points, nor will you get points when the magazine comes up for auto renewal in a year. You should get the credit for your original (new) order.

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
I've just cancelled an order with several magazines after going back to see "more info" all are auto renewed. This is a bit tricky - have not found a magazine I'm interested that's NOT part of the automatic renewal service. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
Clarified

"automatically renewed subscriptions" is the wording in their disclaimer. The wording on the order page is " this publication is part of the Automatic Renewal Service."

So if you are already subscribing to SI as part of your account you will not get credit for 60 miles per dollar on that renewal when it renews.

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
I've just cancelled an order with several magazines after going back to see "more info" all are auto renewed. This is a bit tricky - have not found a magazine I'm interested that's NOT part of the automatic renewal service. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:45 am

Just curious how much people are spending on this. I spent $800 on magazines last night to get me enough for a biz ticket to Europe (I had some mileage already so didn't need $1600 worth) and my family thinks I'm nuts.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Is anyone seeing their purchase yet as PENDING on their AAdvantage ehopping account page? I only ordered about 3 or 4 days ago, so I imagine it is too soon?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:37 pm

I'm having the same thoughts, I have an e-mall account that I opened with a tweaked zip code, and I'm worried about gambling $500 and not getting the miles.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by uthornsgo
Just curious how much people are spending on this. I spent $800 on magazines last night to get me enough for a biz ticket to Europe (I had some mileage already so didn't need $1600 worth) and my family thinks I'm nuts.
I spent just a tad over $1000 but that includes TN taxes because they are going to low income schools in Nashville, for the tax deduction. I suspect some people who know if gift cards would go through are spending quite a bit more.

Ordered on Monday, got cancellation email on Tuesday. Order center says operations working on it, in theory it would be resurrected and I would get full points. But I have 90 days (similar to ebags) to cancel order if shenanigans.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rufflesinc

Ordered on Monday, got cancellation email on Tuesday. Order center says operations working on it, in theory it would be resurrected and I would get full points. But I have 90 days (similar to ebags) to cancel order if shenanigans.
Sorry, what do you mean by "cancellation email"? Do you mean you canceled the automatic renewals, or are you referring to something else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.