60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
If you have too many subs, you can send them my way, and I will get them to the VA hospital and clinic on all my appointments. A lot of wait time there, and I always re-read those ones from last year. This week I found out the poll numbers for the upcoming election, Romney is a bit behind!!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Judy Jones
11 Live Oak Lane
Fort Myers, FL 33905
So who won?

Seriously, is this a serious offer to distribute magazines to VA institutions? If so, could you provide a bit more info on what you do that takes you on your appointments? I don't mean to pry, but I'd seriously consider such de facto donations. Send a pm if you prefer.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
The fine print on the page before you get sent to magazines.com doesn't address this, do you get points for the taxes? For CC spend you do, but my experience in the UR portal says no.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:06 pm

Any tax experts on the tax deductibility of sending magazines to Judy to distribute to the VA?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold

with the holiday bonus it comes out to 1.4 cpm for $250 spend 17500 miles
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:42 pm

Through the Literally Healing Program, we provide magazines to older patients and parents to help them pass the time during their stay at our hospital. Whether confined to a hospital bed during recovery, or worried about leaving the side of a sleeping child who might wake to find themselves alone in their hospital room, magazines can provide a welcome distraction for patients and families at our hospital.
Send Magazine Subscriptions To

Literally Healing Program
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd., MS #16
Los Angeles, CA 90027
[email protected]

Generous individuals support the distribution of free magazines as "keepers" to our patients and their parents by ordering a subscription on behalf of the hospital's Literally Healing Program. Below is a list of magazines found to be most helpful to the individuals we serve:

For Teens (Male)

Car & Driver
12 issues for $12/year

Transworld Skateboarding
12 issues for $14/year

PC Gamer
12 issues for $20/year

Sports Illustrated
56 issues for $40/year

For Teens (Female)

Seventeen
12 issues for $8/year

M Magazine
10 issues for $15/year

Teen Vogue
20 issues for $10/2 years

Tiger Beat
11 issues for $20/year

For Parents

US Weekly
56 issues for $50/year

People en Español
11 issues for $15/year

People
53 issues for $110/year
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
The fine print on the page before you get sent to magazines.com doesn't address this, do you get points for the taxes? For CC spend you do, but my experience in the UR portal says no.
What taxes? Just placed an order for a 2-year subscription for $29.95, no tax charged.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Wish they had the New York Times or something, I think I'm going to get the $100 Economist sub... And 6k miles. Not bad and good reading material
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:32 pm

Okay - I'll guineapig this.

In for $1305 to the Los Angeles Children's Hospital, using a private browser and the portal.

Benefits: They say cancel at anytime and get a refund of unused issues. Fairly safe risk if you have to cancel 3 months in and then prorate the deduction. Should be well settled before tax time.

Risks: Everything people say about Cartera.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by horseymen
Okay - I'll guineapig this.

In for $1305 to the Los Angeles Children's Hospital, using a private browser and the portal.

Benefits: They say cancel at anytime and get a refund of unused issues. Fairly safe risk if you have to cancel 3 months in and then prorate the deduction. Should be well settled before tax time.

Risks: Everything people say about Cartera.
But won't it be fishy canceling $1300 worth of magazine subs? Most expensive I saw was the ~$100 economist.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
is there an expiration on the deal? i'd love to run by the childrens hospital here to confirm they'd like the donation but I don't want to wait past midnight if it's just a 1 day deal!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
But won't it be fishy canceling $1300 worth of magazine subs? Most expensive I saw was the ~$100 economist.
I only plan on doing it if they don't honor the AA miles, and I'll give them a chance to rectify it before I do. It's just a fail safe. I did People x 5, Sports Illustrated x 5 and US Weekly x 5
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
is there an expiration on the deal? i'd love to run by the childrens hospital here to confirm they'd like the donation but I don't want to wait past midnight if it's just a 1 day deal!
Expires 30th November, IIRC
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
I need to know also??
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
So who won?

Seriously, is this a serious offer to distribute magazines to VA institutions? If so, could you provide a bit more info on what you do that takes you on your appointments? I don't mean to pry, but I'd seriously consider such de facto donations. Send a pm if you prefer.
+1

I'll be doing it purely for the miles. Happy to donate the magazine subscriptions to a worthy cause.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:31 pm

Thanks OP!

I'm in for a bunch of random subs to send to the troops PLUS 10.5k pts

Happy Thanksgiving y'all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.