MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:00 pm

CAn anyone tell me if there is a first year free for the TD Aerogold Business as well?
thanks
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:54 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Delete

Last edited by Preacher7; Oct 16, 2014 at 9:27 am
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:48 am

"Where do you see the FYF on this link? It says $120. "

Read under the section with the header "A good choice if you want"

First bullet.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:28 pm

The American Amex is getting all sorts of bonus transfers this week (SPG, Hilton, Virgin Atlantic). Not only does the Canadian component pale to all the airline partners the US version has - with 1:1 ratios no less - but we still haven't got the Avios bonus this year and Aeroplan has cut out MR points during their transfer bonus for some time now. When is Amex Canada going to start offering more value than just sign-up bonuses?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:34 pm

They added the referral program (which has given me many more points than the old transfer bonuses, and the Canadian dollar has dropped from parity to 13% below (without changing the transfer rates, effectively giving us a better than 1 USD per mile ratio).

I don't see transfer promos coming back
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: aeroplan, delta, aa
We had the TD Aeroplan Infinite card, and cancelled. I heard that if you get it again, you will not get the welcome bonus. Correct?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:17 pm

Terms say if you were a cardholder within last 6 months you're ineligible.

Aeroplan just sent an email to test drive a Volvo for 250 miles (last year was 2,500).

Um, no thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by crimsona
Terms say if you were a cardholder within last 6 months you're ineligible.

Aeroplan just sent an email to test drive a Volvo for 250 miles (last year was 2,500).

Um, no thanks.
i just got an email for 500 Aeroplan points for a test drive, not really that much more enticing :P
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Cerenity
i just got an email for 500 Aeroplan points for a test drive, not really that much more enticing :P
I just got the same for 1000 Aeroplan points. Getting a little better....
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Just had a free Keg Baseball Steak, with some escargot to start. I know, I know: We play this game for long haul, first class flights--but I sure enjoyed that meal! Thank you, Amex Air Miles Plat...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:47 pm

How come cibc and TD aeroplan are not on this thread?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles, AAdvantage
Talking

First off, I want to specify that I do not work for RBC or Avios... I'm spending too much time masterminding the biggest mileage heist off all time!

So far no results...

So quoting tommy, a lil bird told me (yeah, I got kids) that RBC will have a 50% bonus for BA soon! So not only can you get 1.5x for each Avion, but it's a great time for you disgruntled AP guys to apply the hacking trick and convert AP to BA! (AP 50K = BA 52.5K when the bonus applies)

https://www.creditwalk.ca/aeroplan-h...n-cardholders/

FYI, this bonus applies only to infinite Avion cardholders. And correct tommy, there was a 50% bonus back in May 1st.

So suit up guys, it's bonus roundup time! You can all thank me later... :-D

Phil

Originally Posted by tommy99
The American Amex is getting all sorts of bonus transfers this week (SPG, Hilton, Virgin Atlantic). Not only does the Canadian component pale to all the airline partners the US version has - with 1:1 ratios no less - but we still haven't got the Avios bonus this year and Aeroplan has cut out MR points during their transfer bonus for some time now. When is Amex Canada going to start offering more value than just sign-up bonuses?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, WJ, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold, Fairmont PC, IHG, Marriott, Airmiles, Aventura,Avion
Originally Posted by Cphil1
First off, I want to specify that I do not work for RBC or Avios... I'm spending too much time masterminding the biggest mileage heist off all time!

So far no results...

So quoting tommy, a lil bird told me (yeah, I got kids) that RBC will have a 50% bonus for BA soon! So not only can you get 1.5x for each Avion, but it's a great time for you disgruntled AP guys to apply the hacking trick and convert AP to BA! (AP 50K = BA 52.5K when the bonus applies)

https://www.creditwalk.ca/aeroplan-h...n-cardholders/

FYI, this bonus applies only to infinite Avion cardholders. And correct tommy, there was a 50% bonus back in May 1st.

So suit up guys, it's bonus roundup time! You can all thank me later... :-D

Phil
I've been meaning to get the RBC Visa Infinite Avion as it's FYF if you have the CIBC or TD Aeroplan Infinite Card. I wonder if they'll let me swap out my RBC Visa Gold US card and avoid a credit hit. I was told yes over the phone but didn't do it as they wanted me to cancel my CIBC card but I'm not willing to do that. I won't both.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
http://i.imgur.com/OX0UD5S.png
From November 1 to December 31, 2014 [...] you'll receive 1.5 Avios for every RBC Rewards point you convert.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:39 am

might work if you have a select service account and they might waive the fee for first year?

or if you have infinite card and see if they can transfer to this account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.