MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Lapsing & expired offers

RBC® British Airways Visa Infinite
The offer for the RBC® British Airways Visa Infinite...
an additional 35,000 Avios when you spend $9,000 CAD in your first three months,
lapsed after May 31, 2017 (as expected).
I don't see any other offer in its place... just the base 15,000.

Air Miles Mega Miles
Until May 31, 2017: Air Miles Mega Miles promo: 1250 Air Miles ($131), for some relatively easy spending requirements. This is not credit card related.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by jerry305
British Airways Visa Infinite[/URL]...
an additional 35,000 Avios when you spend $9,000 CAD in your first three months,
Wow, must be the highest spend I seen to get points.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
That's ridiculous! I held this card a while back and got my 50,000 for half that spend. They're going to have to do better than that...
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I'm pretty sure it's been 9k for like a year or two now. It was insane back then and it's still insane now..
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait

Join Marriott Rewards
Get 1000 Aeroplan miles

Many savvy readers of this forum have a Marriott Rewards account, I'm sure.
But if you don't, this is an easy way to get 1000 Aeroplan miles. Also good for friends & family.

https://www.joinmarriottrewards.com/doublemiles2017/

Last edited by jerry305; Jun 5, 2017 at 6:20 pm
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I'm pretty sure it's been 9k for like a year or two now. It was insane back then and it's still insane now..
Yes, the $9k is insane. But it can work for some people, especially if you can time it around some big expenses (insurance premiums, home project, etc.)

I've done it once for the 50k. But the card was also very useful for me to save 10% on BA flights. If you're travelling with your family, for example, that can add up to a pretty big saving. And, incidentally, paying for that trip on the BA card gets you get 2x BA points on BA ticket purchases and that kind of trip will get you going on the $9k spend.

Not for everyone, but the card worked for me in the past and I'll likely get it again.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Yes, the $9k is insane. But it can work for some people, especially if you can time it around some big expenses (insurance premiums, home project, etc.)

I've done it once for the 50k. But the card was also very useful for me to save 10% on BA flights. If you're travelling with your family, for example, that can add up to a pretty big saving. And, incidentally, paying for that trip on the BA card gets you get 2x BA points on BA ticket purchases and that kind of trip will get you going on the $9k spend.

Not for everyone, but the card worked for me in the past and I'll likely get it again.
You can use the discount code even without owning the card, so... :P
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Originally Posted by jerry305

Join Marriott Rewards
Get 1000 Aeroplan miles

Many savvy readers of this forum have a Marriott Rewards account, I'm sure.
But if you don't, this is an easy way to get 1000 Aeroplan miles. Also good for friends & family.

https://www.joinmarriottrewards.com/doublemiles2017/
Nothing stopping a second Marriott, I'm guessing - Aeroplan points expiring soon, got to keep the account active
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
You can use the discount code even without owning the card, so... :P
Do you know anyone that has successfully done so? I've priced it out just using the code...but not sure if it goes through on checkout.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bmabnorth
Nothing stopping a second Marriott, I'm guessing
Only if you want to risk losing both accounts and all accumulated points. This is the very first item in the program's T&C.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
How would they find out that I have duplicate accounts?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bmabnorth
How would they find out that I have duplicate accounts?
If the name and address match your Aeroplan account (which they'd have to for the bonus to post), it's not hard.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:22 pm

Useful new feature on the CIBC mobile banking app.....instant free credit score!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:20 am

I just went to the link for the Marriott Rewards sign-up, but saw nothing about the 1000 Aeroplan bonus miles. Is it still being offered?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jubberly
Useful new feature on the CIBC mobile banking app.....instant free credit score!
Just tried it! Works well, its just imported from Borrowell but it saves the step of signing up for their website and getting their loan offers. (too bad I signed up already).

Not looking forward to the dip from signing up BMO World Elite/Chequing/Savings account offer yesterday though, but its worthwhile for those Priority Pass Lounge passes (the lounge at YEG is actually not too bad) and the travel credit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.