MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Just got a phone call from RBC saying that they now also (I remember reading CIBC (?) also started doing this but couldn't find the post) offer a free credit score through their online banking tool. Haven't tried it yet but with CreditKarma in Canada and banks now also starting to offer it, it looks like we'll all be finally on par with the US in terms of being able to access our credit scores for free.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Just got a phone call from RBC saying that they now also (I remember reading CIBC (?) also started doing this but couldn't find the post) offer a free credit score through their online banking tool. Haven't tried it yet but with CreditKarma in Canada and banks now also starting to offer it, it looks like we'll all be finally on par with the US in terms of being able to access our credit scores for free.
yes, i noticed this the other day when helping my mother with some online banking. As soon as I got home, i logged into my account to check it out. got an error message so i called RBC. they were useless and told me to call TransUnion who were ALSO useless and told me to send in papers yada yada yada.

why do these firking things never work and why is the onus on ME to fix them???
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BenSenise
yes, i noticed this the other day when helping my mother with some online banking. As soon as I got home, i logged into my account to check it out. got an error message so i called RBC. they were useless and told me to call TransUnion who were ALSO useless and told me to send in papers yada yada yada.

why do these firking things never work and why is the onus on ME to fix them???
I just got home and tested it and get this message:

so... soon? lol

at least the link is in a very prominent place, right after logging in on the main page right-hand side under "account services". So... they're all ready to go I guess, just technical hiccups to start
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:48 pm

you can still have multi best western card? anyone else have done this?

I found best western is very useful when travel in US small town.

Originally Posted by 604flyer
IIRC the only MBNA card where you cannot have more than one is Alaska! So you don't even need to cancel. But, you should be fine if you're plan is to apply by end of promo.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by ecgz88
you can still have multi best western card? anyone else have done this?

I found best western is very useful when travel in US small town.
Like anything else involving churning, there's no 100% guarantees.
Please see the past few pages for posts discussing folks' experiences with multiple applications / cards.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Has anyone applied for the Amex Airmiles Platinum Credit Card (2000 airmiles awarded after minimum spend) a second time and received the airmiles?
I cancelled this card a year ago. I read that this welcome bonus is supposed to be only given to first time card holders but......
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by MJ777
Thanks, just to confirm, after the 10-15 days did they approve your application or are you still waiting?
I'm curious too. Did you end up getting approved for the BW card?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:59 pm

30 FREE AirMiles

Get 30 FREE AirMiles for signing up:

https://mylcbo.com/app/register
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by imverge
Supposedly only for residents of Ontario, but we shall see...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:15 pm

.just called in gave my ph number and date of birth , says i was approved for bw card, i signed up on june 27 , just called today ,so we will see when i get card if i will get the 40000 pts
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Allie Abby
.just called in gave my ph number and date of birth , says i was approved for bw card, i signed up on june 27 , just called today ,so we will see when i get card if i will get the 40000 pts
why not the 60k offer? Did you apply before that?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:49 pm

if u see my other post , the 40000 pt is better for me , i really dont think the 60000 pt offer is that great , when the 40000 pt offer is still around .
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Allie Abby
if u see my other post , the 40000 pt is better for me , i really dont think the 60000 pt offer is that great , when the 40000 pt offer is still around .
I've done both the 40K MBNA Best Western offer, as well as the 60K offer, several times. The 60K offer is great if you can spend the $2K requirement, if not then the 40K is a nice one to fall back on. But all things considered, I'd seriously charge at the 60K promo instead.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:14 am

Hi folks,
Just looking to see if anyone has been able to churn these account more than once?
RBC Westjet mastercard?
BMO World Elite Mastercard?
TD All inclusive Banking Plan?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Chris101
Hi folks,
Just looking to see if anyone has been able to churn these account more than once?
RBC Westjet mastercard?
BMO World Elite Mastercard?
TD All inclusive Banking Plan?
I have churned the Westjet MC. I held onto my first card for about 9 months, then waited about 5 or 6 months and reapplied. I got the $250 Westjet cash and a companion voucher the second time. I may try to churn it again next year. If you are travelling on Westjet I think you must have a current Westjet CC to get the luggage free. My husband has a WJ card as well and we try to time it so one of us has an active card when we travel (twice a year typically)
I have churned the Marriott and Best Western cards a number of times and just acquired a SPG Amex card which I hope to churn as well.
dont know about the other cards.
i am still a newbie but am learning about timing, watching my credit score and not churning too aggressively....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.