MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan , AMEX
Originally Posted by jubberly
Has anyone got or had the CIBC Adventura card? They're offering a Biz one for 25,000 points FYF.

Besides travel,can you redeem for gift cards....if yes what examples and how much?

Has anyone redeemed for a return flight from YVR to LAS?If yes,how many points for economy?
TIA
FYI you can transfer a Aventura points to Aeroplan .

"CIBC Aventura® World Elite MasterCard™ Card, CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite™ Card, CIBC Aventura® Gold Visa™ Card
CIBC Aventura World Elite MasterCard, CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite and CIBC Aventura Gold Visa Cards let you convert Aventura Points to Aeroplan Miles in 10,000 Point increments.
"
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by ericosuave

"CIBC Aventura® World Elite MasterCard™ Card, CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite™ Card, CIBC Aventura® Gold Visa™ Card
CIBC Aventura World Elite MasterCard, CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite and CIBC Aventura Gold Visa Cards let you convert Aventura Points to Aeroplan Miles in 10,000 Point increments.
"
Deleted

Last edited by grandgourmand; Jun 3, 2016 at 1:30 pm
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by ericosuave

"
No you cannot
not anymore since 2013 I think

It's really bad ratio for GC redemption (I think I redeemed my 15K for 2x$50 GC, how sad)
but even harder to redeem for flights
so I stick with Aeroplan CC now from CIBC
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
i thought that is old, and you cant convert Aventura to Aeroplan anymore

edit: googled and found it in the CIBC fine print

"Only if you have an eligible Aventura Account issued before October 1, 2013 may you redeem Aventura points for Aeroplan® Miles."
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
it's a hassle dealing with them in the cases of flight change , cancellation or for a non-simple itinerary. You call, they take your infor and request and tell you to wait for a call from their outsourced travel agency, Merit Travel group
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:14 pm

Thanks for the info re the CIBC Adventura card!

...I'll give it a miss!
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:20 pm

Anyone else still getting run around from MBNA/TD regarding Best Western points? Been going on nearly 4 months and although they have told me the points are coming soon, still nothing..........
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by jerryhung
No you cannot
not anymore since 2013 I think

It's really bad ratio for GC redemption (I think I redeemed my 15K for 2x$50 GC, how sad)
but even harder to redeem for flights
so I stick with Aeroplan CC now from CIBC
From a poster on RFD, apparently you can combine your Aventura points into one account now.

This might make the FYF cards more appealing (when offered, currently only Business is FYF) 15k personal + 25k Business = 40,000 pts
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by coleworld
From a poster on RFD, apparently you can combine your Aventura points into one account now.

This might make the FYF cards more appealing (when offered, currently only Business is FYF) 15k personal + 25k Business = 40,000 pts
Aventura will never be appealing
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by thedude99
Anyone else still getting run around from MBNA/TD regarding Best Western points? Been going on nearly 4 months and although they have told me the points are coming soon, still nothing..........
All my dealings with MBNA and TD have involved runarounds, no matter what the issue. Fact is if you are not buying a new product from them today, they have no interest in meeting your needs.

Hence I no longer deal with them and never will again.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:33 am

What's the issue? You met the spend and haven't received the points?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I'm confused - I got the BW card and activated it over the phone but I can't add the account to the online portal? How do I do that? And how do I even check when I get the BW points? I don't remember it being this odd for the AS card...
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:08 pm

I finally received my 40,000 BW points after 4 months. MBNA was useless. Apparently there is an issue with MBNA transfers. Call BW rewards so they can start looking into your account and they will follow up with MBNA.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by jhartley15
I finally received my 40,000 BW points after 4 months. MBNA was useless. Apparently there is an issue with MBNA transfers. Call BW rewards so they can start looking into your account and they will follow up with MBNA.
Aren't BW going to say it's an MBNA issue if you call them?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan, Marriott, x,Hilton
Re: Amex Platinum travel credit

My spouse just received the Platinum card referred by me with Amex Gold to take advantage of the big bonus currently offered.

I can't figure out when and where the $200.00 travel credit will appear. We want to us it to buy a hotel room. Am I right in saying that it has to be used only with a preferred partner? Hilton, Starwood etc.

Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.