Reload this Page >

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:13 am

So it sounds like this has to be your first Amex card period to get the code applied. I just canceled my only other Amex (Alaskan) -- I'm praying for success.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by kilton
So it sounds like this has to be your first Amex card period to get the code applied. I just canceled my only other Amex (Alaskan) -- I'm praying for success.
You have an Alaskan Air card from AMEX?
Mine is from Bank of America. I haven't heard of any other one's.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:08 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Not many of us are having success with this code, including myself. AmEx is being very restrictive about it. It was worth a shot, but time to move on. AmEx has provided enough "Yes" to be feeling down about a "No". :-:
From my reading of this thread, the only people who got in on this called Thursday night or early Friday morning. Seems to have been drying up by noon-ish EDT on Friday. (I called around then, and there were some Friday morning posts reporting rejections and some reporting favorable; I was rejected.) And it seems that there was an edict issued at some point, and nobody got in after that. Anyone care to modify/add to my summary?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
You have an Alaskan Air card from AMEX?
Mine is from Bank of America. I haven't heard of any other one's.
Oops, you're right -- I meant Delta.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
Oops, you're right -- I meant Delta.
I think that was unnecessary. Its for first time holders of the Premier Rewards Gold Card, not just any Amex Card.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Got the offer added on my account.

I called in yesterday and the MR added this offer to my account (PRG) without any problems. A few relevant points -

* I had applied on July 1st, card received and activated in 2nd week of July.
* Did get the 50K to 75K bump, though the bonus miles haven't posted yet. The rep didn't ask anything about it so don't know if she was able to see that I got the bump or not.
* She did ask me if I had other Amex cards to which I said no (had applied for and received the Citibank AA Amex card in July, don't know if that counts).
* As stated earlier in the the thread, the offer is valid for the first five months after applying for the card and the points should post 6-8 weeks after completing the 15 transaction requirement each month.

Will see how it works out.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by unicon
I called in yesterday and the MR added this offer to my account (PRG) without any problems.
What number did you call? The CS number at back of PRG card or some other MR desk number? Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by sargenet
You can do what we did! I found an Am Ex travel agent in California that booked a cruise for us. Normallly you can only apply one person's MR points to the cruise but they have a way to do it on 2 accounts.... they charge half to one person and half to the other. Then submit request to Am Ex for the points to match...

So our cruise which is $2000 (including taxes, insurance and prepaid tips) ended up costing us about $500....

You can do it online through American Express but they don't offer the best pricing. AND you have to pay in full for the cruise and can only use points from one account.

This rep found us a regional deal and we only had to pay $300 deposit. We then used our points to pay the final balance...

Could you pls message his contact info since we need a cruise soon. thanks a lot
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by kroozer
What number did you call? The CS number at back of PRG card or some other MR desk number? Thanks.
I called the MR desk directly (800-AXP-EARN).
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:54 am

Programs: CO, DL, SW, SPG, CapitalOne Venture
When you call and talk to AMEX, do not ask them if you can have this bonus ID applied to your account, but tell them you want it applied. If you ask about the offer, they'll look if you qualify and then tell you it's targeted. I simply say that it came in the mail and I'd like it to be applied - don't say you saw it online.

Just a tip, I'm not sure if it'll help anyone but has seemed to work for me.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by nep301
I think that was unnecessary. Its for first time holders of the Premier Rewards Gold Card, not just any Amex Card.
This seems to depend on who you get on the phone. Several people are reporting being told that you have to be a first-time Amex customer period.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:10 pm

I called twice and my account got noted that I need a RSVP to be able to apply for this promo code. Im a new card member. What should I do?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Anyone have any success in applying this to Plat cards? CSR said that it's only for PRG cards and it's targetted.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:24 pm
Suspended

This seems to depend on who you get on the phone. Several people are reporting being told that you have to be a first-time Amex customer period.
I personally know someone who is not a 1st time Amex CC holder, nor a 1st time Amex Gold Premier holder and they were told that it was automatically put onto their acct = they were targeted w/o even asking to be. But they did get their new Amex Gold Premier CC in late June and on their CC it shows a year other then 11 as member since

= YMMV
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:31 pm

The Premier Gold Rewards card is my third AMEX card ( I also have Delta Gold and SPG) and I qualified for the 15 transactions per month. Weird! I had to call twice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.