Reload this Page >

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2011, 3:15 pm

Spoke to CSR end of July, confirmed that this promo is added to my account.
Called today to ask for the 15k, was told promo valid for targeted only.
I think that it is unacceptable of Amex to back-out of something that was already agreed to.
I am also in business, and if I agree to something, I stick to it, even if I will lose money on that particular agreement.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by sam-i-am
Spoke to CSR end of July, confirmed that this promo is added to my account.
Called today to ask for the 15k, was told promo valid for targeted only.
I think that it is unacceptable of Amex to back-out of something that was already agreed to.
I am also in business, and if I agree to something, I stick to it, even if I will lose money on that particular agreement.
I got the same response even though I was promise early on I would not have any problems getting the bonus as my acct was "noted"--ha what a joke.

Today I called (3rd call this week) and CS told me unless I live in Argentina I could not get the points. I pointed out it was noted and promise to me. She only said it was no longer in her control and this came from supervisors and higher ups. Well, its 3 strikes and I'm out.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
*regarding getting the 75K deposited: I actually noticed that 25k had been deposited upon meeting my spend in two separate deposits of 10k and 15k. Since I had called in before activating the card in August and had the 75k promo annotated on my account, I called in again to ensure that the remaining 50k were, in fact, coming. The csr noticed the annotation and immediately deposited the remaining 50k. FWIW, the csr said something to the effect of: that was a great promo to sign up under and almost everyone was targeted.
Question - when did you make this call in? From the thread, it seems any calls after Sept 1/2 have been futile, regardless of prior promises.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 4:43 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Question - when did you make this call in? From the thread, it seems any calls after Sept 1/2 have been futile, regardless of prior promises.
Applied and approved for card approx. Aug. 10th. Before card arrived and was activated, called (Membership Rewards CSR) to request 75k sign up bonus and had it annotated on my account. Card arrived, was activated and met spend. 25k deposited on Sept 6th or 7th. Called that day (again, Membership Rewards CSR) and the remaining 50k was immediately deposited.

After the 75k has posted, called the next day (Sept 7th or 8th) to inquire about 10k for 15 transactions and was told it was a different sign up offer (not available since I received the 75k sign up offer).
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Where can I add the code?I am quite new to Amex...
Cant find any space where I can add the code...
Old Sep 12, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
A question for those who have had success with 6664 . . . do any of you have other AMEX cards (such as SPG) , but this was your first gold card?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
A question for those who have had success with 6664 . . . do any of you have other AMEX cards (such as SPG) , but this was your first gold card?
I had an SPG and Plat before getting 6664 notated.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24

Not sure what you mean as the promo codes are usually called in when card is received, but now only valid if you are targeted for the offer.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ariyo15
I had an SPG and Plat before getting 6664 notated.
Thanks for your reply. If I might ask . . . when notated, and have your points been posted yet?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Huh?

Can't you read the thread?

Do you really think a cardholder can add a promotion code to his account online by himself ?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 9:37 pm

You cannot add it by yourself. You would need to call or e-mail AmEx to have them do it for you (assuming that they determine that you are eligible).
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
...called the next day (Sept 7th or 8th) to inquire about 10k for 15 transactions and was told it was a different sign up offer (not available since I received the 75k sign up offer).
And they are saying the same for those who received the 50k sign up offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.