American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
They won't give 10K for 15 transactions..

So on 8/11 I called up and asked if I could get Bonus 6664. I got the card in May. The rep said they would add the code to my account, but I could only get the 10K per 15 transactions till Oct 1st since I had the card 3 months already.

He added it to my account and my husband's.

Today I called to ask them if the counter for the "15" started again on 8/26 when the bill ran. The representative started to look into it and said I did not qualify for this promotion. I explained that the rep added promo to my account. She said it was not noted, and that this promo could only be added at time of activation of cards after 7/1. She said there is no way to even ADD the promo to the account.

The rep I spoke to the night of the 11th specifically told me that I only had 2 months to get the promo and the most I could get is 20K. Alas...no notes and this rep was not budging. She saw where I have more than produced the 15 transactions, but said there was no way to give me these points.

Kinda frustrates me because this is not my primary card. I moved a bunch of spending over to this card to meet the requirement. I can't complain because I did get 10K per addl user (I only set up 2!!!). But it does bother me that the rep did not note this on my account at all....
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by sargenet
But it does bother me that the rep did not note this on my account at all....
Update: I called MR and had them pull up MY account. And sure enough it was noted on my account that they would do this as an "exception". So the rep told me to call back in 8 weeks and they would manually do the credit for the 15K. This note was placed on 8/11.

In 8 weeks I will call up and also have them "try" to do the same for my husband's account since it was discussed (but not noted). We have already completed the 15 transactions on each of our accounts. That being said I am not going to mess with 15 transactions for the month of September...going back to my Chase Sapphire card. The main reason I wanted MR was to transfer the miles over to Continental. But since that ends on Sept 30th I won't get the miles before then....
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:37 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Originally Posted by sfaoffroad
I have not had much luck. I tried calling for the 75k promo, got rejected over the phone after holding for 15 minutes. When I finally got to the "right" person they rejected me before I even finished saying that codes are targeted. I guess it was my fault because I said "my friend" was offered a promo and I would like to be considered. I tried SM twice on this promo and each time I got a generic rejection. Kind of regretting getting this card. I know everything is YMMV, but with everyone saying how great and easy it was to get all these promo's 2 weeks ago, I caved in. I guess I won't be getting those "175k points" that lured me in.
Suggestion. Are you calling at the same time each day? Maybe call during a different time of day then you are calling and you'll get different reps that are easier to work with. Don't give up.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 6:50 pm
Suspended

15 transaction/month.

Can someone clarify if this is based on the calender month (1st of month-to last day of month) or is the 15 transaction done with the cards billing statement cycle (which varies for everyone).
Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2011, 7:45 pm

Another data point:

Just called MR directly and asked for bonus 5721 and 6664 -- was denied on both. Agent said 5721 is Argentina only (of course) and 6664 is for those who applied earlier this year (whereas my PRG card was issued last year).
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Wow, this is the FIRST case I have read that AMEX rescinds the offer promised by its rep before.

General consensus has been, once AMEX agreed to notate the account, AMEX would honor it...

Apparently it aint true any more...

Can you recognize from which part of the world your original / subsequent SMs are generated?
Well, *** **** was the first rep and *** **** was the supervisor that rescinded the offer so your guess is as good as mine...

Last edited by aviators99; Aug 23, 2011 at 6:51 pm Reason: Site guidelines prohibit posting these names
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
I just got a Premier Rewards Gold.

I'm being told by two different CSRs that, since I got the 75k Sign-Up Bonus, I'm ineligible for this 15 transactions per month, as it is a Sign-Up Special.

Anyone had recent luck with this offer?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by NavyUCF
I just got a Premier Rewards Gold.

I'm being told by two different CSRs that, since I got the 75k Sign-Up Bonus, I'm ineligible for this 15 transactions per month, as it is a Sign-Up Special.

Anyone had recent luck with this offer?
I opened card last November and got bumped up to 75K. I had the 15/mo promo added to my account when the thread started.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:40 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
anyone got the 10,000 point after 15 transactions this month?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
I opened card last November and got bumped up to 75K. I had the 15/mo promo added to my account when the thread started.
Did you experience the same difficulty that I did?

I wonder if the CSRs are treating the 50k Bonus as a Sign-up Bonus, because I asked for it the same day that I asked for the 75k Sign-up Bonus?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Also got the code added...but when I tried to get them to honor it they said no. I had already made the 15 transactions. They said I did not qualify since the promo terms and conditions specifically state the promotion was for cards received after 7/1....

Didn't matter if the code was "noted" per the rep. I was not eligible. The rep saw where I had made way over 15 but said she could not give me the points. I did not meet the T&C for the promo and the rep should not have added the code...
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:00 am

I got my card after July 1, so I'm hoping to get this offer, although the CSRs are viewing the offer as a Sign-Up Bonus that I cannot combine with the 75k Sign-Up Bonus.

Should I just keep calling?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:22 am

I got my card after July 1, so I'm hoping to get this offer, although the CSRs are viewing the offer as a Sign-Up Bonus that I cannot combine with the 75k Sign-Up Bonus.

You can try but that's pretty much the answer that's being given for the new cards. One sign-up bonus or the other.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou

When I called the offer was already on my account. My hope is that the bump will post via me calling back after my spend per the CSR but that the points for transactions will post systemically. They specify 6-8 weeks so I'm going to wait a few months before calling.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
When I called the offer was already on my account. My hope is that the bump will post via me calling back after my spend per the CSR but that the points for transactions will post systemically. They specify 6-8 weeks so I'm going to wait a few months before calling.
I seriously doubt it. AMEX system is VERY GOOD at keeping track on how many points have been posted.

I have seen mid cycle posted bonus actually show up on the statement after statement closes. At first I thought I got additional bonus... NOT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.