Reload this Page >

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Sarbanes
I wasn't able to get it - the rep said it was new cardmembers only. (I got mine in May)

Do you guys think there's any downside in calling back multiple times? I wouldn't want my account to look like I'm a pain in the neck, but it'd be nice to get the 20k to 50k more if it's possible.
I think there's a huge downside. If everyone calls back multiple times with the same question this inflates AMEX's stats for reasons for calling. Call centers use this data so that they can efficiently address the issues behind the most common reasons for contact - it won't take much effort on AMEX's part to realize they're getting fleeced and prevent future offers being applied to those not targeted.

I'd advocate maybe a call, followed by a SM (if unsuccessful the first time) and then sitting tight until the next opportunity in order to at least try to keep things under the radar.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:25 am
xp0

Everyone has been calling the Membership rewards number, correct? I just need to wait for them to open....

If I send a SM message first and are denied, but then call, do the phone operators see that I first tried via SM and was denied?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by xp0
Everyone has been calling the Membership rewards number, correct? I just need to wait for them to open....

If I send a SM message first and are denied, but then call, do the phone operators see that I first tried via SM and was denied?

Well last month (2weeks ago) I got rejected 7 times trough SM (for my GLD Biz), then I finally call them and I got my 100k noted, few hours later I sent a SM to expedite my 100k and they did it too

Last edited by fedechat; Aug 12, 2011 at 8:19 am
Old Aug 12, 2011, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by bitachu
how about this...this offer is a bonus offer(used to entice people to initially signup)..and its for your first 5 months of getting the card...hence the different end dates....and some being able to get the deal added when getting their card in feb(which is more then 5 months but maybe they activiated their cards in march)
Yeah this would make sense. 5 months from either when you open the card or from when you sign up for the promotion.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
PLAT BIZ

did and email to amex mr will advise on my plat biz
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Tried with 3 different reps, no go for me, I've had my Gold for 2 years now, so it was a longshot.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:47 am

Everytime I call American Express, they tell me how their system is either running super slow or its down.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Ha. Just got called up AmEx MR and got denied as this promo only applies to newer PR gold cardmembers; I got mine back when it first came out in 2009.

While I was denied, the CSR neted that promo code 6664 will forever be burned into her brain. I wonder if AmEx MR CSRs have a series of four digit numbers permanently memorized thanks to FT.

Oh well, I got the the 50K plat bump and the 10 K inSite bonus; I guess you can't win them all!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:18 am

I got my PRG Card in November 2010.

I just called MR and the lady sounded kinda new, like she was on her first day on the job. I told her the offer code, she read me the terms of the offer, and then added it onto my account.

She didn't say how long I would be getting 10k per 15 transactions for? Or what technically the first month would be?

Can anyone advise me on those two issues?

Thanks
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:33 am
jk2

I think that all reps are aware of this promotion and don't need a bonus code. Her first question was when I got the card. I got it last year and she told me that this offer is for new accounts only. If you want a bonus - apply for the new card (her words). It seems that other people with old accounts were also unsuccessful.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:11 am

PRG opened May 2011.
1st call - instantly denied.
2nd call - SUPER friendly agent that was more than willing to enroll me.

I'll be calling in the beginning of October to inquire about retroactive credit for 15 transaction in July (always have to wait 8 weeks after fulfilling the goal).

Wrote about it on my little blog
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dustenm
Hello,

I just was just on the phone with a nice membership rewards rep trying to apply the 10,000 points per AU promotion but he said it could not be added. He did take the time to look into promotions in the system and did see that there is a promotion that started in July and ends in Nov for every 15 transactions you complete per card month you get 10,000 bonus points up until Nov. He said this offer is automatically on my account but the bonus code is 6664 if anyone else wants to try it.
Thanks for the heads up turns out it was automatically put on my acct even w/o calling up, nice that Amex let me know this.

that said the rep wanted to know how I heard about it as they are being inudated with calls regarding this and its getting to them and wasting their time. She apologized since in fact she saw I was targeted. So maybe cool it with calling up till Sun or Mon
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by craz
that said the rep wanted to know how I heard about it as they are being inudated with calls regarding this and its getting to them and wasting their time. She apologized since in fact she saw I was targeted. So maybe cool it with calling up till Sun or Mon
Yeah, they are getting pounded right now, hold times were really long. May want to try on the weekend. Doesn't appear to be any rush.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:50 am

Yeah holds are super long right now, but I just called and got the promotion noted on my account. The rep said only for new card holders, I got my PRG on july 6 so she said no problems. Only thing is she said I need to call back every month for them to note the account . Thank OP, this + AU thing made my week.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
called and was told that it is for non-card members who open Gold cards. so if you had an amex before the Gold you don't qualify. well may give it another shot later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.