Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I just was just on the phone with a nice membership rewards rep trying to apply the 10,000 points per AU promotion but he said it could not be added. He did take the time to look into promotions in the system and did see that there is a promotion that started in July and ends in Nov for every 15 transactions you complete per card month you get 10,000 bonus points up until Nov. He said this offer is automatically on my account but the bonus code is 6664 if anyone else wants to try it.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:55 pm

Get out?

Wow. Heck of a find if true.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:06 pm

Just tried on my Platinum Card, no go. It is only for the Premier Gold Personal, not Business. Rep says it runs til October. 10,000 points per month up to 50,000 points after making 15 transactions per month. I guess if you guys still can get in, you'll get 30,000 points. Darn, I wish I hadn't cancelled my Premier Gold card.

Good luck.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I called in,
took a bit of persistence,

the agent wanted to know what promo
I received on sign-up (50K),
then went away for a while...

he said 6664 doesn't wprk for my account,
just for new ones since July.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:20 pm

Wow...great find. I already have them apply 3 promo codes on file, one for Amex PRG bump , one for Amex Plat and one for 5 AU on PRG. U think adding one more code is too much for them or should I wait till I receive the bonus points for the 3 promo code first and then call in September or October to apply this new code?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
I called in,
took a bit of persistence,

the agent wanted to know what promo
I received on sign-up (50K),
then went away for a while...

he said 6664 doesn't wprk for my account,
just for new ones since July.
This is the same thing my rep said to me.. It is only for people who have signed up since July. Sent a message to membership rewards so we'll see if that yields any results. Nice find for people who just applied, though.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA*G
worked for me my PRG account is open since Feb.10

He said the promo is good until Nov.11
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by dshides
This is the same thing my rep said to me.. It is only for people who have signed up since July. Sent a message to membership rewards so we'll see if that yields any results. Nice find for people who just applied, though.
OMG, Amex is keeping me busy. Now what is "since July"? Is that after July 31st? Or from July 1st and onward? I have a list of emails ready for amex, some cards still need to arrive
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by yul7075
worked for me my PRG account is open since Feb.10

He said the promo is good until Nov.11
What did you said to the MR rep? Did you tell them you wanted to sign up for 6664 promotion?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:27 pm

Yul- Did you call to apply for the code or was it on your account already?

Dustemn- It seems from what you wrote that if you didn't call, you wouldn't know you even had this promo code on your account. Is this right?

I opened my card in last week of July. How do I check if I already have promo code on account online? Where do I check?

Is American Express gold the same as American Express Premier Rewards Gold?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i

i tried with my PR gold card....(which I got in june with the 75k bump)

spoke to nice MR rep...

said the promotion is for 10k points per month for 15 transcations...up to 5 months or something like that...

she said I couldn't get it because I got the 75k bump....

still I might try again...would be really good if I could get this...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA*G
Originally Posted by stunt
What did you said to the MR rep? Did you tell them you wanted to sign up for 6664 promotion?
I asked him about code 6664 he took a quick look and asked me if I received a letter or email I told him yes than he said that he will apply it to my account

Will see if it post automatically or if not I will have to call back for a manual post

The offer is good from July-Nov.11

Side note: I did get the bonus bump for the platinum earlier from 50K to 100K

Last edited by yul7075; Aug 11, 2011 at 7:41 pm
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
My guess is that its good for people who didn't get a big bonus bump offer initially when they signed up...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by yul7075
I asked him about code 6664 he took a quick look and asked me if I received a letter or email I told him yes than he said that he will apply it to my account

Will see if it post automatically or if not I will have to call back for a manual post

The offer is good from July-Nov.11
Sorry one more question, did you get the bonus offer when you apply for the card? Cause i did apply last month but I got the bump 75k points. Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
I called MR about this promotion and the rep said that it was only valid for cards that were opened after July. I've had my card since February of this year so she said I was not eligible. Maybe I'll try calling again to see if I get a different rep to apply 6664 to my account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.