Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, Marriott-Plat, PC-Gold
Originally Posted by ia9561
I just got in. Got the card on June 30 and received the bump to 75K. That wasn't an issue. 15 transactions = 10K. I wasn't targeted, but she got supervisor approval to add the bonus.

I can call in 6 weeks after the close of each month to get each bonus or call one time at the end of the promotion to get the full amount. She said if I had 15 transactions in July, I could get that bonus but unfortunately I only had 12. So I have the potential of 4 months Aug-Nov.

No mention of 10K per every 15 transactions, however. Platinum is not eligible.

It took over 30 minutes on the phone but got it done. No luck on the AU's though.
Nice to know that it would be retroactive. My wife has a gold Amex, I've emailed her this thread.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Can you get 10k for AU and 10k for 15 transactions?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:32 pm

I called and was told since I was bumped 50k this month, I would not be eligible for this. They can only apply this if it is "greater" than what I have already gotten.

I have been getting the worst cs reps tonight. Ugh.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Montacute
I called and was told since I was bumped 50k this month, I would not be eligible for this. They can only apply this if it is "greater" than what I have already gotten.

I have been getting the worst cs reps tonight. Ugh.
Ditto for me. I have the worst luck with AMEX CS reps over the phone - they are all very curt and unfriendly. It's very disappointing - I don't mind the rejection, but a friendly rejection would be nice.

I've had good luck with secure messaging in the past, so I'll try it that route..
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Retroactive promo?

So, I got the Premiere Gold back in May with 50K bump and it took a while on the phone and then I was on hold for a while. CSR wanted to know where I got the code (I said a friend with a Gold card told me about it). Then the CSR asked for details about the promo and then on hold for a long time. So, my results:
(1) Promo retroactively applied to May. Did not make 15 transactions in May, June or July.
(2) Since the promo only runs 5 months, that leaves August and Sept for me to make 15 transactions each month for 20K (10K per month)
(3) I have to call back end of September.

All in all, not too bad. Be glad to call back in Sept for 20K.

Originally Posted by allanfan
I just called, get a CSR notated to my account. a couple points from my the conversation:

1. Apply to accounts opened after 7/1/2011 (but seems this is not a must, I've my account open before that, and the 1st CSR refused the code because of this, then I called back again, bingo!)
2. Promo period is now to 10/1/2011.
3. Max 50K points for this promo.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I don't have the Amex Gold card, but in theory:

Add five people, get 50K
Charge 15 transactions for the next five months, get 50K total

I think that is a pretty good deal...anybody disagree?
You can do better than that!
Bump the bonus to 75k
Add 5 people, 50k
Charge 15 transactions 5x 50k
= 175,000 MR
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTexan
So, I got the Premiere Gold back in May with 50K bump and it took a while on the phone and then I was on hold for a while. CSR wanted to know where I got the code (I said a friend with a Gold card told me about it). Then the CSR asked for details about the promo and then on hold for a long time. So, my results:
(1) Promo retroactively applied to May. Did not make 15 transactions in May, June or July.
(2) Since the promo only runs 5 months, that leaves August and Sept for me to make 15 transactions each month for 20K (10K per month)
(3) I have to call back end of September.

All in all, not too bad. Be glad to call back in Sept for 20K.
Huh?....
Promo is for those approved after 7/1.
Promo is retroactive for May charges.
Am I missing something?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Just stepped off a flight, saw this and called Amex. I just got my card this week and bumped the bonus to 75k. MR car said no prob, 15 transactions, 10k per month for five months (no end date). He specifically said no minimum purchase, you can buy gum.

Man I love FT and Amex!
Wow...1st poster said he was told Nov 1st..then someone said they were told October 1st...so when I called in I made him re-confirm and rep said it was October 1st... your rep said no end date (which I doubt!).

I had the promo added to both my accounts within 10 minutes...no manager approval...yet others are denied totally while some have to work through a supervisor.

Just watch....this one will be shut down in 48 hours too and we will be told it was only for card members in Portugal that were targeted!! Or maybe Brazil!!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Has anyone with a Business Gold card had this work, or is it for sure just for personal?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by fedechat
Can you get 10k for AU and 10k for 15 transactions?
Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds too good to be true though. That would mean 100k for the 10 AUs + 50k for all 12 AUs (10 new ones plus the 2 original) = 700k MR points. Even though that probably won't happen, it's fun to dream about what I could do with 700k MR points.

Last edited by goAsia; Aug 11, 2011 at 10:32 pm
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:20 pm

Any Business Platinum cards been able to get it?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
Is this for only Premier Rewards Gold card, or can regular Gold Cards do this too?

& is there a downside of signing up for Premier Rewards Gold Card when I got the regular Gold card just a half year ago? Thanks =)
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by sargenet
Wow...1st poster said he was told Nov 1st..then someone said they were told October 1st...so when I called in I made him re-confirm and rep said it was October 1st... your rep said no end date (which I doubt!).

I had the promo added to both my accounts within 10 minutes...no manager approval...yet others are denied totally while some have to work through a supervisor.

Just watch....this one will be shut down in 48 hours too and we will be told it was only for card members in Portugal that were targeted!! Or maybe Brazil!!
how about this...this offer is a bonus offer(used to entice people to initially signup)..and its for your first 5 months of getting the card...hence the different end dates....and some being able to get the deal added when getting their card in feb(which is more then 5 months but maybe they activiated their cards in march)
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by bitachu
how about this...this offer is a bonus offer(used to entice people to initially signup)..and its for your first 5 months of getting the card...hence the different end dates....and some being able to get the deal added when getting their card in feb(which is more then 5 months but maybe they activiated their cards in march)
I got the cards in May...so maybe you are correct. The rep really didn't clarify...but others have said they were told it was only available for those that got the card after July 1st...

But I am happy to take the 10K for the next two months! Just keeping my fingers crossed that they will honor it!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:36 am

I wasn't able to get it - the rep said it was new cardmembers only. (I got mine in May)

Do you guys think there's any downside in calling back multiple times? I wouldn't want my account to look like I'm a pain in the neck, but it'd be nice to get the 20k to 50k more if it's possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.