Reload this Page >

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:52 pm

I sent a message through SM, since it looks like all the agent are getting calls about the add 5 AU promotion and they might be in a bad mood since they have to reject people. I will post an update tomorrow.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, Marriott-Plat, PC-Gold
MustBePatientMustBePatientMustBePatient

<VENT> Grrr... this refi is killing me... I can't apply for all this pointage. One and a half to two and a half weeks to go..... </VENT>

This promo looks awesome.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
man...15 x 1$ transactions at the gas station is going to look weird....
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
I just called, get a CSR notated to my account. a couple points from my the conversation:

1. Apply to accounts opened after 7/1/2011 (but seems this is not a must, I've my account open before that, and the 1st CSR refused the code because of this, then I called back again, bingo!)
2. Promo period is now to 10/1/2011.
3. Max 50K points for this promo.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by allanfan
I just called, get a CSR notated to my account. a couple points from my the conversation:

1. Apply to accounts opened after 7/1/2011 (but seems this is not a must, I've my account open before that, and the 1st CSR refused the code because of this, then I called back again, bingo!)
when u open your account initially? did u get a bump bonus?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by bitachu
when u open your account initially? did u get a bump bonus?
I opened on 6/20/2011, yes I got the 75K bump, although I haven't met the spending, so they are not posted yet.

The MR CSR says this is not an automatic promo, need to call back to have the points manually added after I completed the transactions.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
No go for me with an AMEX PLAT
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:39 pm

Just stepped off a flight, saw this and called Amex. I just got my card this week and bumped the bonus to 75k. MR car said no prob, 15 transactions, 10k per month for five months (no end date). He specifically said no minimum purchase, you can buy gum.

Man I love FT and Amex!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Just added..

I added to both my accounts. I was told it ends October 1st.....

I was also told I had to call in after I met my 15 transactions so they could manually add the 10K...

So essentially if you add it now you have 20K you could earn....10K each month

Edited: I just read someone posting that it was for each 15..max 50K..

Can the next person that calls and gets this added please find out if it is each 15 = 10K of a max of 15 per month?? Then post what they were told?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:46 pm

I opened on 6/20/2011, yes I got the 75K bump, although I haven't met the spending, so they are not posted yet.

The MR CSR says this is not an automatic promo, need to call back to have the points manually added after I completed the transactions.
the way my MR CSR said was that since I got my bump in june for 75k that I couldn't get this one...still your basically same as me except I got my bump already...i'll wait til tomorrow and call back..
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by stunt
I sent a message through SM, since it looks like all the agent are getting calls about the add 5 AU promotion and they might be in a bad mood since they have to reject people. I will post an update tomorrow.
I tell you what...after my experience over the last 48 hours with messaging them.... I have had better luck calling. Totally shot down via messages on the 10K for addl user on both my accounts.

This time a quick phone call worked...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:50 pm

I don't have the Amex Gold card, but in theory:

Add five people, get 50K
Charge 15 transactions for the next five months, get 50K total

I think that is a pretty good deal...anybody disagree?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by metoo
Yul- Did you call to apply for the code or was it on your account already?

Dustemn- It seems from what you wrote that if you didn't call, you wouldn't know you even had this promo code on your account. Is this right?

I opened my card in last week of July. How do I check if I already have promo code on account online? Where do I check?

Is American Express gold the same as American Express Premier Rewards Gold?

Right if I did not call I would have known nothing about this promotion.

Also yes, The Premier Rewards Gold card is the one I have and I signed up july 20 something.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I just got in. Got the card on June 30 and received the bump to 75K. That wasn't an issue. 15 transactions = 10K. I wasn't targeted, but she got supervisor approval to add the bonus.

I can call in 6 weeks after the close of each month to get each bonus or call one time at the end of the promotion to get the full amount. She said if I had 15 transactions in July, I could get that bonus but unfortunately I only had 12. So I have the potential of 4 months Aug-Nov.

No mention of 10K per every 15 transactions, however. Platinum is not eligible.

It took over 30 minutes on the phone but got it done. No luck on the AU's though.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:22 pm

According to my 2nd grade teacher, October 1 is approx. 6 weeks away, so how can you get the "Max. 50k" points?
Also, can anyone confirm, is it 15 transactions per "Calender Month" or per billing cycle?

Last edited by sam-i-am; Aug 11, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.