Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
It depends. On the bump to 75K sign up bonus request, the SMs seem work for just about every one while the calling often did not work. We got the bumps on our first SMs.

On this go round for adding AU, it is the exact opposite!
I have also noticed that with SM's, the longer you wait or the later you get in on the deal, the tougher it is. Early on in a promo, they seem to use a little more discretion to give points out. As more and more people ask, they start to shut it down. All speculation though.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:24 am

Very confusing interactions for us here. My father is trying to add the bonus ID to Business Platinum.

Call 1: called CS; they didn't know about the offer and said they would get in touch later about it after researching it

2: called MR, told CSR that we'd heard about it from a friend who had the same type of card. She agreed to notate the account but then transferred us to CS to get us set up. She then told us CS was saying we are not targeted so can't get it.

3: called MR, said wanted to make sure bonus 5721 was marked in our account because we forgot to ask the MR to do it last time we called. He said it was indeed noted there. Asked if we were targeted -- we said yes -- then he put us on hold to check something and came back saying customer service is saying we are not eligible but it could be because we had just received the mail, a bug, etc. My dad asked him if we can apply online and the points will post and CSR said Yes.

So I am a little confused: IS it still marked in our account or not? Will call back later...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:44 am

Spoke to a very pleasent agent. Added 5 authorized users to both my personal and business cards. She mentioned that the cards will be sent out the next couple of days and to activate the card and to call back with the socials once the cards have been activated. She said if I don't receive the points by the end of September to call back. Hopefully an easy 100K points!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by travisair
Spoke to a very pleasent agent. Added 5 authorized users to both my personal and business cards. She mentioned that the cards will be sent out the next couple of days and to activate the card and to call back with the socials once the cards have been activated. She said if I don't receive the points by the end of September to call back. Hopefully an easy 100K points!
What happens if you don't call back with the SSN#? My rep said I would get the points 6-8 weeks after the first purchase and I had 30 days to call back in with the socials. I used my parents for 2 of the cards as they were fine with just giving name/DOB, but I don't think they'll be keen on giving SSN.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:12 am

after getting denied 3 times yesterday, I called again this morning. I could hear several agents talking to others about 5721. 4th time was a charm, agent got up to read a bulletin on a board, system went down, he called back and added the notation on account. He told me to call 8 weeks after the first spend on the cards to confirm the 10K bonus for the AUs.

I just got the 125K bonus for upgrade to Plat a couple of weeks ago and I was still approved for this. Took 4 tries though!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by nic3456
What happens if you don't call back with the SSN#? My rep said I would get the points 6-8 weeks after the first purchase and I had 30 days to call back in with the socials. I used my parents for 2 of the cards as they were fine with just giving name/DOB, but I don't think they'll be keen on giving SSN.
From the post above, it sounds like they might ask for the SSN in order to activate the card? Normally you just call the number and enter the card and it's activated. Maybe there will be a secondary level that will require the SSN if it hadn't been entered earlier?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:29 am

Is one offer per membership reward or per card? I read some where its per membership reward...

Some one confirm?

Originally Posted by tassojunior
updated 10am e.s.t.

Holders of Platinum & Premier Gold personal and business cards can get 10K for each additional cardholder up to 5. On gold cards up to 5 AU's is free. On Platinum 5 Gold AU's can be added for $45 total.

Must spend something on each card.

Names and birthdates are required but they are strangely not requiring SS#'s immediately. AmEx is very strict about SS#'s of AU's so I wouldn't test this.

Offer supposed to be good through 12/31/11 but is targeted so may have to phone a couple times to get agreeable csr.

Phone Membership Rewards and mention offer code 5721

Offer 5721 also applies to the Business Premier Gold card so hopefully this will be 100K MR points for me !

I've had to phone twice on each card to get the promo applied.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by nic3456
Not sure. The rep that I talked to said I had 30 days as well. I'm hoping that if the users make the first purchse, that would qualify for the bonus points, but not 100% sure.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by superking
Is one offer per membership reward or per card? I read some where its per membership reward...

Some one confirm?
My membership rewards accounts have been merged and I have two cards. Was able to add 5 cards to each card, agent said I'd get credit for adding 10 authorized users. So, I'd say per card.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by roknroll
I have also noticed that with SM's, the longer you wait or the later you get in on the deal, the tougher it is. Early on in a promo, they seem to use a little more discretion to give points out. As more and more people ask, they start to shut it down. All speculation though.
Actually I have sent 6 SMs on both cards all got denied but my 1st calls on my both cards are notated.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:53 am

No go for me again. She said the code was targeted. I'll try via SM.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:09 pm

How many?

I have Personal Gold & Personal Biz Gold. I'm assuming I can add 5 AU each (for a total of 10, aka 100k).

I also have Amex Platinum Personal. I heard I can add Gold AUs on to that for less $$$, how many can I add on the Amex Platinum Personal for that, given my other cards? Whats the cost?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
I also have Amex Platinum Personal. I heard I can add Gold AUs on to that for less $$$, how many can I add on the Amex Platinum Personal for that, given my other cards? Whats the cost?
On Platinum, you can add up to 5 Gold cards for $45 total.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Was able to get a nice MR agent yesterday on the 5th (yes, 5th) try, and he supposedly noted my account and transferred me to a CSR who added the additional users. I was a little nervous after hanging up because I forgot to reconfirm that my MR account was noted with the 5721 offer code.

I sent a secure message last night, and woke up this morning freaking out because I got a response that said I was not targeted and therefore not eligible for the promotion. The message sounded like a canned response, however. I was extremely nervous that the message lady had removed the offer code from my account (if it was even there in the first place), so I called into MR again and got a very pleasant agent... I asked her to reconfirm the offer code was attached to my account, and she said indeed it was. And she even looked up the offer and read the terms to me.

I think the best way is to just call into MR, and skip messaging because they seem to just be automatically denying everyone. And apparently the lady who messaged me didn't even bother checking to see if the offer code was on my account!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:14 pm

1 call the guy said no problem he did not even look up my account, and just said yes. He then said he need to transfer me to someone to add the AU.

I had to stop him and ask him to note my account with the offer code, since I was just adding one AU today. I did not have SS of other user.

Does anyone have a way around this SS#, I dont really want to ask my brother and sister? The rep wont let me add the user with just name and DOB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.