Reload this Page >

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:07 pm

Called Amex number on the back of my Plat card. Pressed 3 to get to MR department. I told them I added 3 AUs about 2 months ago and would like to know if I can apply bonus ID 5721 to my account.
She put me on hold for about 10 min, then came back and said the system is out, but she put a note on my account regarding this bonus.
Most people get a note that they will get 10k, right?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:14 pm

Little data point. I called this morning after seeing this thread for my Gold PR card - added 5 AU's - required to give SSN's, name, and DOB. While I was on hold with the CS rep a MR rep comes on the line - over the "on hold" music - and tells me - "thanks for adding those 5 AU's, I just deposited 50k points into your account right now" - then the CS rep comes back and says all set. 1-2 hours later, my account was showing the 50k points.

Then about 30 min ago I called with my wife to do the same with her Gold PR card. This time the rep says its targeted offer (and he doesn't know how to add AU's anyway? weird). So I call back and second rep goes through process to add the 5 AU's with same ssn/name/dob required. This time she tells me I need to make a purchase on each card, wait 6-8 weeks and the 50k points should post - but to call back to verify.

I'm thinking I will call back later and see if I can't get those 50k points to post right away but even still, 100k MR points. Not a bad days work!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:15 pm

FYI, the MR CSR I spoke with said that the add'l user must make a purchase within 4 months of issuance of the secondary card. For those of you seeking points for an existing add'l card, it sounds as if there may be an issue if a) that card is more than 4 months old and b) no purchases have been made on it.

In my case, the DW's card is 3 months old, so I have time to meet the prerequisite.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
Yeah, I'm wondering where all these people are coming up with 5 AUs....
Parents, siblings, etc.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by beltway
FYI, the MR CSR I spoke with said that the add'l user must make a purchase within 4 months of issuance of the secondary card. For those of you seeking points for an existing add'l card, it sounds as if there may be an issue if a) that card is more than 4 months old and b) no purchases have been made on it.

In my case, the DW's card is 3 months old, so I have time to meet the prerequisite.
Obliviously YMMV, but one of my AU's, my wife, I had added her in January. They gave me the 10k retroactive for her.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: co,skymiles hilton a.a usair
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
I was told the same thing - if I didn't provide SSN's now that I would delay the process b/c they would call me later for them. So I provided SSN's.
if you don't have friends w/SSN's for it - find some, and authorize them

Straight from MR and other posters - if you don't provide a SSN, AMEX will call you later for it... They have to actually "APPROVE" each user for a card. I added 5 with the ssn's and only 1 of 5 were instantly approved, the rest pending.

You'll need them for sure.. whether or not you will for the points - who knows.

Yes, there will be.
just hang out from amex got 3 cards approved and he did say #SS are necesary otherwise i need it to call back
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:09 pm
Used to be highman123

I called in earlier and added 3 AUs to my PRG - easy going with CSR. Now I wanted to add 3 to my Platinum card but CSR said I had exhausted the bonus ID with my first call?

Also if you have parents outside of the states ask for Passport/ Driver License verification - should work as well.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:37 pm

Hey guys! Here is what I did and worked fine:

Called MR to add the promo. After second attempt, was successful. However, they needed SSN and DOB and I did not want to do that if I could help it.

Then called regular card services and asked "MR noted my account with a promo code and I want to add my parents who live outside the US and do not have a SSN number, what can I do" She promptly said "No problem, we do not need SSN, just name and DOB. She then added 5 people with a gold card for $45 total (I have platinum.) Should arrive in 7-10 days.

There you have it!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:59 pm

Can you post the regular card services #.Is it the one on back of the card...I didn't know AMEX did that...It is pretty cool..
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:04 pm

success :)

Have a Biz Plat card, called main # and asked for MR department. Added 4 gold users, CSR only asked for names at this point, but have the necessary info just in case. CSR mentioned that there was no annual fee whatsoever, which is strange from the usual $8/AU others have mentioned, but I'm not complaining!

CSR did point out 1 purchase would need to be made after receipt of cards and 10k points/user would post after 6-8 weeks.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by vacaloca
Have a Biz Plat card, called main # and asked for MR department. Added 4 gold users, CSR only asked for names at this point, but have the necessary info just in case. CSR mentioned that there was no annual fee whatsoever, which is strange from the usual $8/AU others have mentioned, but I'm not complaining!

CSR did point out 1 purchase would need to be made after receipt of cards and 10k points/user would post after 6-8 weeks.
Exact same thing for me but CSR said after first purchase call them up to credit the points. I thought that was weird but I will call after I make the first purchases
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:25 pm

I'll sum up my experience here:

1. SSN is not mandatory. Play phone roulette if someone is forcing you to provide one. Only name, DOB and address required.
2. First five AU are free on PRG.
3. Miles will post 6-8 weeks after the first purchase. So I guess not in time for CO.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
More than 5 AUs

Has anyone had any success in opening more than 5 Gold AUs?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by qtpinoy54
Has anyone had any success in opening more than 5 Gold AUs?
The CSR I spoke with seemed to think that there was no limits to the amount of users you could add to get 10k points/each, but that the annual free for Gold would only be waived for first 5. YMMV on this though. CSR might have been confused.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:35 pm

Called up number on back of my gold premier.Can be added without ssn but a letter will come later asking for SSN.I asked what if it is for my parents travelling from abroad who don't have ssn,They said they would need some other additional id like passport,DL etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.