Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by abcx
I got my 50k mi for 5 AUs yesterday. Agent posted them immediately even though I was within 6-8 weeks, but I think the note on my account had a date in September because I had had one AU for a while...

Now I just need the 15 transactions a month bonuses.
The 15 transactions/mo bonus is impossible to get unless your card was opened in the time window.

The 10K per AU is much easier to get.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:48 pm

Tried the MR call center, the lady was nice and tried to get me the 50K for 5 AUs credited but her system wouldn't allow her to give me the credits for the code. She mentioned that Amex would honour it since it's notated on my account and to send an SM requesting for the credits and she would notate on the account that I am eligible.

Sent the SM and got a "no" as per below from the Manager of Email Servicing Team. Not sure if there is anything else I can do:

Response (Pankaj Anand)
Dear ***,

Regrettably we are unable to extend the 5721 offer to you as this offer is by solicitation only. Please understand that not all offers can be honored for all Cardholders as they may have applicable terms and conditions that do not apply as such.

If you were solicited for the offer to refer your friends then you'll receive the bonus points automatically within 6 to 8 weeks.

I understand that this may be disappointing to you; however, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible. Our intent is to provide offers that will appeal to various interests and different types of people.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Sincerely,

Pankaj Anand
Manager, Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
Tried the MR call center, the lady was nice and tried to get me the 50K for 5 AUs credited but her system wouldn't allow her to give me the credits for the code. She mentioned that Amex would honour it since it's notated on my account and to send an SM requesting for the credits and she would notate on the account that I am eligible.

Sent the SM and got a "no" as per below from the Manager of Email Servicing Team. Not sure if there is anything else I can do:

Response ()
Dear ***,

Regrettably we are unable to extend the 5721 offer to you as this offer is by solicitation only. Please understand that not all offers can be honored for all Cardholders as they may have applicable terms and conditions that do not apply as such.

If you were solicited for the offer to refer your friends then you'll receive the bonus points automatically within 6 to 8 weeks.

I understand that this may be disappointing to you; however, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible. Our intent is to provide offers that will appeal to various interests and different types of people.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Sincerely,

Manager, Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services
I really don't like that "manager." Have gotten several No's from him. Try again.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:28 pm

Success but a lot of work

When I signed up for the deal, I was told AMEX was honoring the deal for anyone who called through the end of that day and afterward would only honor if for Argentina residents. I took out 5 AU cards.

I called right after all 5 cards had been used and asked for the points accelerated. Was told I would need to wait 6-8 weeks. I asked if she could confirm I would get the points, and she said absolutely, that it was in my notes.

I called 2 weeks later asking for acceleration. Was told I was not eligible. I explained the entire history, and the rep said he should have read all the notes and that I was correct. I would get the points but will still have to wait 6-8 weeks.

I called yesterday after 6 weeks and was told I wasnt eligible, long wait and long discussion. Talked with a supervisor who told me the same thing and said the ONLY way was to contact corporate through SM or mail. I hung up and called right back and talked to another rep -- same story. Talked with her supervisor who held the same line -- another long discussion during which I asked how AMEX could justify telling me I would get a bonus if I took out additional cards then not honor it after I used the cards to their benefit. She mentioned her manager at the call center, so I insisted on talking to him. She came back a couple minutes later and said her manager couldnt talk but said I would have the points in 24-48 hours. They were in my account in less than an hour.

If they had just told me 6 weeks ago that I wasnt eligible, then I wouldnt have a leg to stand on, but this type of promotion requires the cardmember to take action that benefits AMEX. Good luck everyone.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by ariyo15
One or two pages ago I had a nice long post explaining how lucky I was to find this agent.

Basically, once I realized that she was able to do EVERYTHING I asked (and was even happy/willing) to do it, I knew I had to get her as my go-to agent. So I asked for her name and other info.

Generally, agents will only give you their first name and "agent ID." For whatever reason, this "angel" gave me her full (first and last) name, her agent ID # AND her station extention # - not to mention her office location. So while I can't call her directly, I can be transferred to her in seconds any time I get an agent on the phone who is also at the ______ office (for me that's over 90% of the time). If I get a CSR at a different office, I hang up and call back and then ask to be transfered to Agent XYZ at station extension 123...

So far she has done everything for me - she posted my (first) 50k AU points and - within the next few days - will be posting all of my other AU points. Yes, I got way more than five. Also, she's assuring me that she will personally take care of my PRG, Biz Gold, my wife's PRG and wife's regular gold bump points because she knows we got the bump PRIOR to their cut-off date. After all, she's the one who notated that she would give us the points. "You know where to get me, Mr. ariyo15. Just call me in eight weeks and we'll get you and your wife all of the points you deserve."

Unfortunately, I will NOT be sharing her information via this forum or via PM. I don't want to flood her with unfair attention and overbearing numbers of calls. I have received about 10 PMs in the past asking for her info, so please understand that it's not b/c I'm a ****, but because I don't want ruin anything for this agent.

THANKS.
No worries, I won't ask you for her info lol. I've always been told by the agents that there's no way to get a hold of them and that they can't accept incoming or outgoign calls. I guess they don't like me. ;(
Old Oct 19, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
What's the current consensus on this? I've my account properly notated, shall I call executive office directly since 8 weeks have passed or there is absolutely no chance?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by allanfan
What's the current consensus on this? I've my account properly notated, shall I call executive office directly since 8 weeks have passed or there is absolutely no chance?
I added 5 AU cards each for 3 different MR Gold accounts and no luck for me after calling multiple agents. I'm moving on with my life..... Luckily, I got an invitation for 75K a few months ago and got 50 K each for the other 2 accounts...
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: co,skymiles hilton a.a usair
Originally Posted by PatMike
I added 5 AU cards each for 3 different MR Gold accounts and no luck for me after calling multiple agents. I'm moving on with my life..... Luckily, I got an invitation for 75K a few months ago and got 50 K each for the other 2 accounts...
i did call lots times and no luck they all keep saying its a no no so finally gave up few days ago, this morning my points form last month purchases show in my account and i jus check my account i got 10k points with the description as supplementary acquisition 3 times 10k for all my 3 cards added
Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by chavjs
i did call lots times and no luck they all keep saying its a no no so finally gave up few days ago, this morning my points form last month purchases show in my account and i jus check my account i got 10k points with the description as supplementary acquisition 3 times 10k for all my 3 cards added
I think that's really poor customer service on Amex's part. You shouldn't promise something and then take it away. Honor those that you promised and then no more going forward.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by allanfan
I called MR last night and was told "Sorry, you weren't targeted". I was xferred to a super. and he said "Corporate made the decision" & he could not override it. My best hope, he said, was sending a SM (did this 8 days ago & no response yet) or writing to the Correspondence Unit at:

AMEX MR
PO BOX 297813
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33329

Bottom line: it probably won't help! But, YMMV.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
I know the argument that I used successfully on both biz and personal, was that a manager had overridden the Argentina thing and put the promo code on my accounts. Was told it meant they had to manually add the bonus points but they did.

This was less than a month ago.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 1:44 pm

I called the MR department sometime late September and after talking with the CSR, he could not access previous call records, so he escalated. (I called in very early, possibly Aug 10 or 11)

Ended up getting a letter early Oct after they did research saying the points would be awarded 6 to 8 weeks after the spend requirements for each additional cardmember was met.

Since my transactions posted mid August, I called them up on 10/24, and I had a call on 10/25 from a supervisor informing me they had credited the points to my account.

Success! =)

Last edited by vacaloca; Oct 25, 2011 at 2:14 pm Reason: update, got the points promised
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: All of em...
3 phone calls to MR CSR, and 5 messages later - I'm still being denied.
They don't seem to care about what I tell them, I just "was not targeted".
Frustrating. This has been going on for awhile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.