[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Gold Premier Rewards card: up to 5 additional cardholders for no fee, $35 per additional cardholder after that, no limit to the number of cardholders.

CSR says this offer is not good for the AMEX Platinum card, but is available on the DELTA AMEX Platinum.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:40 am

On the phone with MR now to add an authorized user. I have a business gold card -- no fee first year, $45 per year thereafter, and they confirmed the promo applies. This is a great promo, as I wanted to get my spouse an MR Amex to do the Fidelity deal but wasn't liking any of the existing promos for an individual card. Thanks OP!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Is the Business Gold OPEN card the same card as the Business Gold? Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:46 am

Has anyone been able to apply this to the *business* Platinum to add gold cards and/or more plat?

If I remember right it was $300 per year for adding employee plat and $35/yr for the gold -- this still holds true, correct? Or is there a difference here between adding cards and adding employee cards?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Originally Posted by greek2me
Will signing up my wife as an authorized user on my Amex PRG card prevent her from getting a future signup bonus if she applies for her own card in the future?

Any other downsides anyone can possibly see from adding someone as an authorized user?
I Second this ... very important question to me too. If I add someone who has never gotten this card ... will that prevent me from getting them this card in the future when a nice offer comes out?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by Niomi
Has anyone been able to apply this to the *business* Platinum to add gold cards and/or more plat?

If I remember right it was $300 per year for adding employee plat and $35/yr for the gold -- this still holds true, correct? Or is there a difference here between adding cards and adding employee cards?
If it does work for the business plat then I would just issue free green additional cards.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:48 am

After reading this thread last night, I e-mailed MR about this promo before calling it a night. And this morning I woke up with 40k additional MR points in my account! One of my charge cards (green card) I've had for a while and they even issued me the bonus on those older additional cards. My other is a newer PRG. I have said it before and I'll say it again - Gotta Love AmEx!

So yes this is definitely working, yes you can immediately get the points, and yea it probably applies to all charge cards. All you need is a nice MR rep who appreciates your business! I wonder if it applies to Amex credit cards as well?

Thank you once again OP and I hope my experience helps someone.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
Gold Premier Rewards card: up to 5 additional cardholders for no fee, $35 per additional cardholder after that, no limit to the number of cardholders.

CSR says this offer is not good for the AMEX Platinum card, but is available on the DELTA AMEX Platinum.

Delta AMEX cards do not earn MR points.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
After reading this thread last night, I e-mailed MR about this promo before calling it a night. And this morning I woke up with 40k additional MR points in my account! One of my charge cards (green card) I've had for a while and they even issued me the bonus on those older additional cards. My other is a newer PRG. I have said it before and I'll say it again - Gotta Love AmEx!

So yes this is definitely working, yes you can immediately get the points, and yea it probably applies to all charge cards. All you need is a nice MR rep who appreciates your business! I wonder if it applies to Amex credit cards as well?

Thank you once again OP and I hope my experience helps someone.
Hey CodeAdam10,

Did you just email MR about this promo or did you at the same time gave them the name, DOB, and address of your 4 additional users?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Seems to work on all MR-earning cards

From comments any card that earns MR points seems to work and the promo and users can be added to multiple MR cards.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:24 am

I confirmed with MR Rep that promo applies to ANY charge card that links to MR. Thus, SPG and HHonors cards don't apply.

Also, bonuses will be given even if you ALREADY have authorized users!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
jumping through hoops

OK ... they are making me jump through hoops.

First Rewards department girl said she applied the offer and said that additional users have to be added by customer service department. She transferred me and that's when problems began. Had to speak with a supervisor who was nice to say that even though she sees the offer, I was not targeted for it and she just wants to make sure I get these points. So she said she'll speak with Rewards department to make clearer notes on my account and will call back.

Is this normal???

What was your experience???
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by flyaaah
Hey CodeAdam10,

Did you just email MR about this promo or did you at the same time gave them the name, DOB, and address of your 4 additional users?
I only reiterated how many additional users I have and on which charge card (to make it easier for them.) All of my additional users already exist, I did not add any new users. I simply e-mailed MR to have the bonus applied on my existing additional users, and it worked! HTH
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
credit pull on all users

one the phone right now and they want SS # and will be doing a credit pull on all users you add btw!

EDIT: I asked the MR rep dumped the first rep at card service who said yes HARD PULL and the next rep said NO HARD PULL so we will see kids!

Last edited by Renes Points; Aug 10, 2011 at 9:50 am
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
one the phone right now and they want SS # and will be doing a credit pull on all users you add btw!
Sure it's a hard pull?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.