[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:34 pm

My experience:

All calls were made between 12:30 PM and 1:15 PM CDT. All calls were made to 1.800.297.3276.

First call: for my wife's accounts. She got a PRG this year, and a Business Gold from when I don't remember. The rep put me on hold, did his research and came back confirming the eligibility. He said he made notes on the MR account. I asked if it's necessary to call back to get the points to post. He said most likely yes. He asked if I wanted to add the AU's right away, I said I'd rather do it online to save all the back and forth about spellings and etc. He confirmed it won't affect the promotion eligibility. I guess not, given how manual this thing is set up. So my plan is to do it online later. In the end, I asked if the Business Gold qualifies. He looked a little bit and said yes. He said it's one MR account anyway, and he added notes to mention it as such. I am not quite sure about it but let it go, thanked him and hung up.

Second call: for my own accounts. I've two long standing accts, one personal Platinum and one business gold. The lady taking the call right away said they got a lot of inquiries about it already, it's not in AMEX' system whatsoever anywhere and quizzed me how I learned about it. I said never mind and hung up.

Third call: for my own accounts still. The guy put me thru a long hold, and in the end said the promotion is targeted and my two accounts are not.

Don't know who to believe. I'm calling it a day, a qualified half-win. I'll add the 5 AU's to my wife's two accounts later today, and wait till end of Sept to check back.

Thanks for the thread.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
on the phone now with CSR - seems to be working - also making an omlette...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:42 pm

Guys what's PO ID of the offer? The reps I called cannot located anything with just 5721 code.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by PatMike
also making an omlette...
What's in it? Seems enviably late a breakfast time even for west coast.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by lancexfang
What's in it? Seems enviably late a breakfast time even for west coast.
Brunch. Onions, peppers, Canadian bacon and egg whites. Actually burned a little while on hold.

Off the phone now. I have 2 Bus Gold cards (2 different businesses) and spouse has one. I was not solicited for this offer, yet she added 5 cardmembers to my oldest Gold card. When I asked about the 2nd card, she said she would have to check if it was solicited. I decided to just take the 50K in hand and call back later.

She confirmed first year free for added cardmembers.

I was on the brink of cancelling this card. Annual fee is up in November.

This is some consolation for the stock market crash today...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Was finally able to get this done! Took 5 tries, before a MR rep notated the offer in my account. I hope the points post.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Secure Message vs Calling in?

Anyone had luck sending a secure message instead?

I called the AXP EARN number twice and was transferred to customer service. Was put on a 10 minute hold then was told that I was not eligible for the offer because it's targeted. Both times they asked me if I received an RSVP letter with a code.

Did anyone have a similar experience?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA (Executive Platinum), SPG, BA Executive Club, Hilton (Gold), Hyatt (Platinum)
It worked!...hopefully?

First call I made, the rep was very nice and personable. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes, coming back online once to tell me that she didn't see the promo associated with my account so she was going to try calling another department. After listening to the awful Amex hold loop "music" for the duration, she came back on the phone to tell me that she made notes in my account and the bonus ID would apply when my 2 additional users made their first purchases.

I reiterated that I would be adding additional users on top of the 2 I already added and asked if the bonus ID would subsequently apply to them as well and she confirmed it. She also said if I had issues getting the points to refer future CSR's to her notes on my account. So...hopefully, it all works out and 50,000 points here I come!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:09 pm

Thanks for all the info and shared experiences! Called and confirmed with an MR CSR that I was indeed eligible and she noted the promotion in my profile and transferred me to get the AUs put on my account. It took a little bit of push, but the CSR who was helping me add AUs finally agreed to try it without SS#s. 5 AUs added! Now I just have to do the same for my parents....
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:21 pm

For these AU's should we details of actual persons or can you give any random name and DOB.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Uhmmm can we say: AMEX is AMAZING.

First call, no dice.

Called back, added both parents, sister, and they retroactively added my wife to program (she became an AU about 7 months ago) and instant credited 10k for wife.

Other 3 will post 10k each upon first purchase.

40k points... free? Again? After the 50k bump, 10k insite, 5k for pay over time... Amex is just showering me with points this year!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA*G
Done

Called MR added 4 AU's to PRG and 5 gold for $45 on the platinum

CSR didn't even ask for the Promo ID She noted the account for the points

Last edited by yul7075; Aug 10, 2011 at 1:55 pm
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by udaykiran82
For these AU's should we details of actual persons or can you give any random name and DOB.
Yeah, I'm wondering where all these people are coming up with 5 AUs....
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:47 pm

Link for 10K after first purchase, not $1,000

Here is the link people have asked me for. It gets you 10K points upon first purchase, then ask Amex to match Bonus ID 6661 for 75K points. Then add five authorized users and you'll have 125,000 points!

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...BONiTAB8bhPIhZ
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:50 pm

called up just now asked for name,dob and ssn also..so disconnected and will try call again later with if someone will do it with no ssn as i don't want hard hits on credit scores.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.