Reload this Page >

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:10 pm

Just called MR a few minutes ago. Mentioned the promotion and the MR cust rep said that she would then need to transfer me to customer service to add the AU - the cust service rep verified that the promotion had been added and took the name/DOB info for my AU - he said that sometimes a SS# is needed for approval and sometimes it is not - seemed not to be in my case. I then asked again and he confirmed code was added. So, at least in my case, the MR cust rep didn't really say or do anything but seemed to have merely added the code and transferred me all in about 20 seconds. Of course, now I'll have to see if it ultimately works to get the points.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by gambler01
My wife called twice and rejected. She refuses to call back again...grrrrrrr
Just become the account manager. It takes a minute to do it online.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: MP Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat
Bonus Code: 5721 Almost Over!

Just called Membership Rewards 5 minutes ago the MR Rep laughed pretty hard when I mentioned 5721 and said they've been getting a lot of inquiries about the bonus, she told me it was targeted to Argentine Business card holders. But she went on to say that AMEX would would honor the code and that today would be the last day as they've learned it was posted on some blogs. Regardless she noted my account and transfered me to card services to add the additional holders. So if you're going to do it do it now!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I just successfully converted an AU Gold Card to a Platinum, and added another Platinum Card to my account. CSR at first thought the offer only applied to PR Gold AUs, but then said it worked in my situation. He also said I would get 20,000 points, even though one of my transactions was simply a card upgrade, rather than a new AU.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:25 pm

Called this morning to apply the code 5721. I asked if this was for 10k miles per AU and MR said yes. He asked me the names I wanted to add. I gave him 5 names. Then he asked the birthdate for each one which i gave. Then he asked me for the addresses for the AU and I told him to just use my address. Then I was put on hold for a minute and MR said I was approved for the 5 AU. When asked how much time it would take for the 50k miles to appear on account, he said 6 weeks after first spent. He said I would receive the cards within 7 to 10 days. When i got home, I saw the 5 AU on my online account with their last digits of card.

Does this mean I will receive my 50k miles without SS #? Never was transferred to CS to speak to someone else.

Also confirmed the promo code for AMEX PRG I applied for a week ago. He said it was still there.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Family Traveler
Just called MR a few minutes ago. Mentioned the promotion and the MR cust rep said that she would then need to transfer me to customer service to add the AU - the cust service rep verified that the promotion had been added and took the name/DOB info for my AU - he said that sometimes a SS# is needed for approval and sometimes it is not - seemed not to be in my case. I then asked again and he confirmed code was added. So, at least in my case, the MR cust rep didn't really say or do anything but seemed to have merely added the code and transferred me all in about 20 seconds. Of course, now I'll have to see if it ultimately works to get the points.
Yup going with MR rep first it key, because after called the mr rep to note my accoun with the code, the new custome service rep she ask me if I was adding user for the 10k each thing and I said yes. Them she said that I was suppose to do it by mail, I told her that I talked to an MR rep and they told me that you will add the users and they will give me the points.

Then she said ok and keep going. I would thinking that she was going to tell me I was not a targeted customer.

On the side note on slickdeals they are reporting some Amex rep telling them that this offer is for Argentina not for US.... so it might die soon
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by metoo

Does this mean I will receive my 50k miles without SS #? Never was transferred to CS to speak to someone else.

Also confirmed the promo code for AMEX PRG I applied for a week ago. He said it was still there.
Some customer serivce rep does not require SS#.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:37 pm

Called twice now--no luck

I added 5 AU's to my PR Gold this afternoon and called MR twice now. Both times I was told no, sorry this is targeted to Argentinian cardholders. I even asked for a supervisor to no avail. I just kept getting told I wasn't targeted and they can't verify anything posted online about US cardholders getting the points.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by vbkamb
... mr customer service rep put me on hold and came back five minutes later and said that the promo was actually targeted at Argentina cardholders only and that the "mistake" was being corrected now.
So I had the bonus code supposedly noted in my account yesterday and was transferred to a regular CSR to add my 5 authorized users. When I asked the MR CSR if she made a note of it my account, she sounded in a hurry and said yes and then transferred me right away. I felt uneasy about the MR CSR. Should i just trust it's there and not call to confirm or should I call and confirm.

Maybe it's safer to call the regular CSR and they can see the notes in the account, but it would take a MR CSR to make any changes? What do you all think?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:49 pm

at least I have an account notation now

MR reps remain very adamant about this being a targeted offer. I called again, but this time to an Amex CSR. I basically pleaded with her to note the promo code on my account. She had no idea what I was talking about, but ultimately agreed to make a note on my account that I called in about this promotion. We'll see what happens.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:50 pm

Called and got a really nice lady. She laughed pretty hard when I mentioned the code as well. Apparently, it's for Latin America cards only and there's no way she could add it. It was obvious that she wasn't going to add it so I didn't try too hard. But she was extremely friendly though! I love getting someone friendly!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Poor handling by AMEX in my opinion.

I called too said it was Argentina only and refused to plug in the code.

I think what will end up happening is some folks will get the bonus and others will not without rhyme or reason.

I am too tired to play this game.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by PatMike
Just become the account manager. It takes a minute to do it online.
I thought that was going to be the ticket, but she gets the following note when trying to add me, "We're sorry, but we are unable to process this request.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Authorized Access is not available online. Please call the number on the back of your Card to add an Authorized User."

Getting frustrated...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:59 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by hqly2001
Called and got a really nice lady. She laughed pretty hard when I mentioned the code as well. Apparently, it's for Latin America cards only and there's no way she could add it. It was obvious that she wasn't going to add it so I didn't try too hard. But she was extremely friendly though! I love getting someone friendly!
Pretty much the same for me, except the laughing part. Very friendly, put me on hold, said Latin American Platinum cards only. Not sure I should even try to call back.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but how long does it take for approved AUs to appear on AMEX.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.