[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Montacute
I realized AMEX cs reps have no idea what you are talking about. MR cs reps recognize the 4 digit code.
I was speaking with a MR cs rep. Did it work for you?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by sargenet
Bonus 6815 - 10K once additional user spends $1000 in 3 months....
I wonder if you can get the 10K bonus for 5721 AND another for 6815???
I can easily spend 15k on the (hopefully) 15 added cards in 3 months.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by romeoguy
I was speaking with a MR cs rep. Did it work for you?
I can't really say. CSR told me to call back with the code after the au spent the $1k.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL GM
tl;dr, the sense I get from going back a few pages is that 5721 is dead? Premier Rewards Gold, US-based.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sargenet
Even though they have shut this down, I did find out about another promotion for additional users. If they totally say no on this offer then ask them if you could get the following promotion:

Bonus 6815 - 10K once additional user spends $1000 in 3 months....

The rep I spoke to offered me this instead, but I don't want my kid's spending $1000 in 3 months on the card!
this seems like it deserves it's own thread instead of getting burried here.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
According to two separate CSRs, management made the rounds and said

1) Targeted
2) Must be an Argentine account.

Deal is dead.

Also, my guess is the loophole of adding folks who aren't targeted might not survive too many more of these events.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by beachfan
According to two separate CSRs, management made the rounds and said

1) Targeted
2) Must be an Argentine account.

Deal is dead.

Also, my guess is the loophole of adding folks who aren't targeted might not survive too many more of these events.
Were they Amex account CSRs or MR CSRs ? There seems to be different information between the two. The MR CSRs are the ones who code the account with the promo and the Amex account CSRs add the additional cardholders.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by roknroll
this seems like it deserves it's own thread instead of getting burried here.
Hmm...I don't want to start a new thread if 6815 does not even work! I spent an hour with them trying to get the other bonus. The very nice rep I worked with spent a lot of time trying to find me a comparable offer to the 10K deal. At first he found me one that gave 2500 instead..then realized it expired August 1st.

If anyone has success with this...let me know and I will start new thread. But if it isn't working I will edit/remove my post...I didn't sign up for it because I knew I couldn't meet the spending levels...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:32 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by PatMike
Were they Amex account CSRs or MR CSRs ? There seems to be different information between the two. The MR CSRs are the ones who code the account with the promo and the Amex account CSRs add the additional cardholders.
This morning when I called on my account the MR rep added the promo and said I had to go to customer service to add additional users.

Tonight the rep I got when I called about my hubby's account (and he was an MR rep) spent an hour with me trying to see what he could do for me. He did put a note on the account about the promotion but he said they were told 5 hours ago it could not be offered. But since there was so much confusion he made a note about the promotion and then HE added the two cards for my kids. He said he could do it and said that maybe if he did it then there might be a better shot at me getting the extra points...but he really wasn't sure how it would be handled...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by roknroll
CodeAdam, were the AU's that were already on the account added this year? How long ago, and how old is the account?
1 AU is from summer 2010 and the 2 from July 2011. I got in on this very, very early. Couple of hours after this thread was posted, so I know I got lucky. But talking to a different MR rep may help, or sending another SM. But seems like AmEx killed the deal now so might be tough.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:25 am

I was able to add 10 AUs to 2 cards, how can I see them online when I login?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Go to Card Activity and pu;; down the tab that says All Cards and you should see a list of AUs
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
On the phone with MR right now, rep said they have been told NOT to give this bonus to US cardmembers. It was Argentine only, and apparently was posted "on facebook and spread all over the place"

No kidding.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:57 am

Is the bonus id per card or per MR account? If I added the ID referencing one card can I get it the bonus on others? If the MR department is adding it, are they adding it to the MR number or to a particular card?

Originally Posted by PatMike
I added the same 5 users to two different Amex MR cards that feed into the same MR account. They are supposed to get 10K each. Only time will tell on this one.
That would make sense that its per MR account which would be my two golds and plat cards. Did anyone have experience of the MR rep saying they need to apply it separately to each card? Would be good to know before I go adding more au's on my other cards.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:04 am

Got 5 emails this morning confirming the addition of the cards - so it hasn't been pulled from those who managed to implement the offer yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.