Reload this Page >

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:23 pm

Called Morning on August 11th to add the promo code for 5 AU on AMEX premier rewards gold....After work, I saw the 5 AUS names online with account numbers. I have not received the credit cards in the mail yet. I was told it would take 7 to 10 days.

It seems like the function to add the 5 AUs to claim membership rewards doesn't work. I clicked on "edit" then "yes" then last 4 digit of SS # and then it said something like LOYAL - 100 and to call if you have difficulty doing this.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:35 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I received, activated, and put spending on my first card yesterday.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Checked online and all 4 of my AU's added to Biz card, even one with no SSN, but only one of those added on my personal. Haven't received any cards yet.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 1:50 am

Programs: DL, UA, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Heels05
Confirmed 3 AU's for my Plat card. The MR CSR confirmed and made a note in my account that there was NO Limit to this promotion. Cardmembers just had to make one purchase within 4 months of receiving the card.

Also, approved them without SS#'s
Same here. The code was applied to my account immediately as I called MR. I added the AU's online myself (page works on Firefox but not Chrome), leaving the SS# fields blank, which is not an issue.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:24 am

I called the second day got my account noted, add one user who i had SS# and told them I will add the rest later. Called twice finally got someone to let me add without ss#. Added the rest and the first 3 show up like within an hour and the last two was still pending. I waited untill today and called them and was transfer to another department. And of course they wanted a freaking #ss for the last two. I told them that I dont want to ask my roommate for his SS#, and that he wanted to try out Amex. They put me on hold and she talked to her manager and my last two card got approved with out SS#
Old Aug 16, 2011, 4:17 am

If anyone needs a referral for this card so they can get their bonus points on the first purchase and then ask for the bump to 75K let me know. It will get you your bonus points about a month or more earlier.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by swat16
It will get you your bonus points about a month or more earlier.
Why lie for a referral? There's absolutely no truth to this. Using a referral link to sign-up does not entitle anyone to get their bonus earlier. The things people will say for a referral, amazing.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:21 am

lol@swat16

dude, are you serious? haha.

i'm relatively new to FT but not THAT new. i'm really appreciative of all the great info i've received from this site, but truly amazed at how cheap some people on this board are.

as CodeAdam10 said, using a referral doesn't help at all.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Why lie for a referral? There's absolutely no truth to this. Using a referral link to sign-up does not entitle anyone to get their bonus earlier. The things people will say for a referral, amazing.
You are absolutely WRONG. Here is what the referral link says:

Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points with your first purchase on the Card2

When you receive the bump to 75K, they tell you to contact them 6-8 weeks after your initial bonus points are posted to your account. If you receive your bonus points after your first purchase and your points post, then 6-8 weeks after you first use the card you can request your bonus points. If you apply under any of the advertised links, they offer 10K points after spending $1,000 but those won't post until well after your first statement closes (this happened to me and my wife). You have to wait 6-8 weeks from those posting to get the additional 65K. Applying with a referral link should save you the time from your first use until your statement closes. I have helped at least 5 friends in the past two weeks and every response from CSR is to contact them 6-8 weeks after the initial points post. If you follow the other threads on Platinum and PRG everyone is posting that CSR are not expediting the points. They routinely say to wait 6-8 weeks AFTER your initial points post automatically. Not sure why they are making people wait except some have reported getting extra bonuses so Amex probably discovered they were giving double bonuses (it did happen to my wife).
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by SnoopDaddy
dude, are you serious? haha.

i'm relatively new to FT but not THAT new. i'm really appreciative of all the great info i've received from this site, but truly amazed at how cheap some people on this board are.

as CodeAdam10 said, using a referral doesn't help at all.
Please, tell me how I'm absolutely wrong. How is my timeline written above incorrect??? If you can show me how I am wrong and how it really works, I will update my post. Send yourself a referral and read where it says your bonus points are applied with the first use.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by swat16
You are absolutely WRONG. Here is what the referral link says:

Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points with your first purchase on the Card
What you believe is irrelevant.

"Sign up today and earn 10,000 bonus points with your first purchase."

^This is the National offer for the PRG for at least the last 2 months.^

Link: http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...r-Rewards-Gold

There's nothing wrong with asking for a referral as FT allows it to a certain extent, but let's not twist deals into something they're not in order to gain a referral.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
so is this deal dead now? Just saw this thread and want to jump on it if its still active.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by ianturner
so is this deal dead now? Just saw this thread and want to jump on it if its still active.
Dead as a doornail
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by ianturner
And the sad thing is it might had been dead before the first thread was posted. Still hoping though.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AsanteSana
Dead as a doornail
Okay, thanks for confirming

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.