[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
What is the best method for swiping the card one time to get the actual points. I opened up 10 accounts but not everyone will use it, it will just sit in my draw. Does anyone have any input on how to spend a penny on this account?

I checked out amazon and could purchase something for $1.77, that is the cheapest i found so far.

Or Pandora and pay 99cents a song per card.

I tried sending money via paypal for a penny but once I added 8 additional cards to my account I got put on limited access (bc of master/visa policy of adding cards. I never heard of that)

Anyone have any other method?

Also the bonus code for using the amex card 15times a month, can it be used on additional card holders? One of the agents said it didnt say anywhere in the details about additional card holders versus primary account holders.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by arods3
What is the best method for swiping the card one time to get the actual points. I opened up 10 accounts but not everyone will use it, it will just sit in my draw. Does anyone have any input on how to spend a penny on this account?

I checked out amazon and could purchase something for $1.77, that is the cheapest i found so far.

Or Pandora and pay 99cents a song per card.

I tried sending money via paypal for a penny but once I added 8 additional cards to my account I got put on limited access (bc of master/visa policy of adding cards. I never heard of that)

Anyone have any other method?

Also the bonus code for using the amex card 15times a month, can it be used on additional card holders? One of the agents said it didnt say anywhere in the details about additional card holders versus primary account holders.
Find a Redbox and rent 10 movies. They're $1.30 each plus tax or something close to that.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Someone mentioned getting tins of Altoids one at a time. I just get sodas at McD or 7-11.

I also am wondering if the 15 transactions per month bonus might apply to AU cards in addition to main cards. What a bonanza that would be !

Has anyone had success getting the 15/mo transactions bonus code (6664) added to AU card numbers?

I suspect that it's best to use cards and ask for 10K bonus asap as AmEx might notice the flood of MR's and cut back in the future on this promo. (Maybe not).

Last edited by tassojunior; Aug 17, 2011 at 9:11 am
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:22 am

Just wanted to mention that my family had opened 5 cards (gold) on the Business Plat and the MR rep agreed to do the whole process for us. But on our account it's looking like he labeled the new cards as Platinum instead of gold (ugh!) and the under-18 member didn't even get a card. I know we are going to call to get this fixed now but am worrying about what will happen...
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Niomi
Just wanted to mention that my family had opened 5 cards (gold) on the Business Plat and the MR rep agreed to do the whole process for us. But on our account it's looking like he labeled the new cards as Platinum instead of gold (ugh!) and the under-18 member didn't even get a card. I know we are going to call to get this fixed now but am worrying about what will happen...
Gold cards attached to Plat cards are labeled as Plat online, but the actual card is gold. At least thats the way it is on my account.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:44 am

Just have a quick question. How is it the AU cards expire after the mine?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:29 am

Just called MR and asked for the 5721 promo - response : Argentina only
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by mymyles
Just called MR and asked for the 5721 promo - response : Argentina only
Had you previously signed up with it? Or where you trying to get it on it now?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by encierro98
Had you previously signed up with it? Or where you trying to get it on it now?
First time trial
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by airfly56
Gold cards attached to Plat cards are labeled as Plat online, but the actual card is gold. At least thats the way it is on my account.
Oh that's a relief! Thanks for letting me know. I guess there must still be an age limit even on gold cards since one card wasn't added.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swat16
I added 5 cards to my account and 5 to my wife's (all the same people). All cards show on both accounts and today I got 10 credit cards in the mail! I need a spreadsheet to keep this organized.
Originally Posted by compddd
Was the envelope addressed to you Swat16?
Originally Posted by allanfan
the envelope is addressed to the AU
Today I got an envelop addressed to me. In it there are 2 AUs added on August 11th.

Email team rep said there was no record to be found about the request to add AU on husband's account despite the request was done on the same phone call and the CS Rep did mine first, then his... Was instructed to do it online which function was down most of Monday and Tuesday but I was finally able to use IE for a brief moment to finish the task. It was down again later even with IE browser, fwiw.

This morning his 2 AUs show up online in the card section but not in the Membership Reward account. (unlike mine they showed up in both places). I eventually figured out how to add the AUs to his Membership Reward account as well.

Though I am not hopeful the 5721 would be honored now it is made very clear that only good for Argentine customers only. (and the fact that we must call back to ask for it due to the notation is made by MR phone rep.)

Have 0 luck to add 6664 to both Primary PRG cards (3 or 4 calls).

I am actually also interested in the $1K spent 10K bonus on AU, code 6815 but nobody seems to be able to locate that code.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
was trying to apply code 6664 and got shot down 3 times. reps are saying that you can only apply one code to a card promotion.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
I got a super-nice rep at the MR hotline. Told her I head there's a promo for 10K, and I want to add some family members. Added 5 family members to both my personal and business Gold cards. She asked for names and birthdates; never even asked for SSNs. It took a good 20-25 minutes for her to do all the "paperwork" because she had to do each card one-by-one (10 cards), and she said documented the record that I'm eligible for the 10K/card.
Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
Any more folks want to chime in on whether peoples' AUs are showing up online? I've still got 1 of 5 on the PRG and 0 of 5 on the Biz Gold.
I called Amex CS (not MR) and asked what the status was of my AUs. She says she only sees that the 1 person was ever added to the PRG and none to the Biz Gold. I asked her put everyone back on, one by one, and she did this (again, no SSNs were needed).

I just had her do the AUs and I made no mention of the offer code, the 10K, etc. I figured that nothing good could come of mentioning it and I didn't want someone telling my I'm ineligible for the promotion and making a note of it.

So, I'm not sure how the MR rep managed to screw things up and only do 1 of my 10 cards. As such, I'm worried that the offer code / notes aren't properly documented on my account. Any thoughts? Am I handling this properly so far? There's got to be some record of my call since the MR rep put 1 person on? Are regular CSRs and MR CSRs able to see all the same notes?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Not sure if this has to do with the "missing" AUs, but from my past experience with adding AUs on Amexs, even after submitting all the AU info, it still needs some kind of approval. There was once where I had to call back in and confirm the info/request before they said it was "approved".
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:54 am

If I call Amex can they tell me if my AUs have been mailed or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.