Reload this Page >

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:10 am

got it finally added for my wife with ssn.and for my parents and my siblings.Thnx FT.you rock.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Is anyone still getting CSRs who will add additional users with just name/birthdate, but no SSN. Not worth it to me if I need to use SSN.

Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by swat16
American Express will allow you to assign an "Account Manager" to your account. You can even set this up online. I logged into my wife's account and assigned myself as her "Account Manager" for each of her cards. I can make any decisions regarding her account that I chose.

Login and then click on "Manage Your Account: Profile and Account Management." Then click on "Account Management" then "Authorized Users." Here click on "Add Authorized User." The next screen will have a box to click on that says Add Manager. You will see from the description that this allows the Account Manager to act with the same authority as the account holder. My wife was so relieved when I told her I was now the account manager for all of her Amex accounts and she never needs to call Amex again. Yesterday I was able to call and add all the extra cards to her account. I love how Amex makes everything so easy for their customers!
Yeah, I did the same thing for my wife's accts. However, yesterday, they asked to speak to her to get info on her add'l cardmembers. Weird.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
I got in on the first try for my PRG card. They asked for SSN, but told me I could call back within the next month or so to add more people and still qualify for the bonus since it is now notated on my account.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Were denied on both our PR GLD Personal Cards when requested via SM reply came overnight.

A manager with SE Asia name answered both and denied with same reason - solicited, it would automatically earn bonus. "we cannot add code to your account or issue points."

Called MR 1-800-297-3276, talked to a pleasant rep who knew the ID 5721 and was able to notate both cards with the promotion. She did not offer to transfer me to CS dept to actually add Authorized Users. She did say the bonus would post in 6 to 8 weeks and if not showing up, give MR a call as both accounts are now properly notated.

I would verify with MR again this afternoon to make sure the notation is in place before actually adding authorized users.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:37 am

You can add users online as well. So after getting the notation by member rewards I went online to add other users for one of my cards. Hopefully that works.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: As many as I can!
Originally Posted by yoshapman
Is anyone still getting CSRs who will add additional users with just name/birthdate, but no SSN. Not worth it to me if I need to use SSN.

Thanks.
A blog reader reported success with adding Canadian authorized users with just the name and birthday and not the SSN.

I suspect it will depend on the CSR, but is worth a shot!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mrredskin
Add now, but to what expense for the other users, later?

I saw this question, twice, earlier in the thread: What happens to those users who get added if they want one of their own later with resepect to first time bonuses? Will they not be able to receive one if they sign up under their own account in the future?
This is from the PR Gold card t&c: http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...r-Rewards-Gold

Additional Cards: Additional Cardmembers do not have accounts with us but they can use your Account subject to the terms of the Cardmember Agreement. You are responsible for all use of your Account by Additional Cardmembers and anyone they allow to use your Account. You must pay for all charges they make. You authorize us to give Additional Cardmembers information about your Account and to discuss it with them.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swat16
American Express will allow you to assign an "Account Manager" to your account. You can even set this up online. I logged into my wife's account and assigned myself as her "Account Manager" for each of her cards. I can make any decisions regarding her account that I chose.

Login and then click on "Manage Your Account: Profile and Account Management." Then click on "Account Management" then "Authorized Users." Here click on "Add Authorized User." The next screen will have a box to click on that says Add Manager. You will see from the description that this allows the Account Manager to act with the same authority as the account holder. My wife was so relieved when I told her I was now the account manager for all of her Amex accounts and she never needs to call Amex again. Yesterday I was able to call and add all the extra cards to her account. I love how Amex makes everything so easy for their customers!
If you make yourself the Account Manager of your wife's cards, would you automatically become the authorized user as well?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roknroll
This is from the PR Gold card t&c: http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...r-Rewards-Gold

Additional Cards: Additional Cardmembers do not have accounts with us but they can use your Account subject to the terms of the Cardmember Agreement. You are responsible for all use of your Account by Additional Cardmembers and anyone they allow to use your Account. You must pay for all charges they make. You authorize us to give Additional Cardmembers information about your Account and to discuss it with them.
Standard language on all AMEX cards.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
You can add users online as well. So after getting the notation by member rewards I went online to add other users for one of my cards. Hopefully that works.
I was thinking of doing that after the fact, but since it doesn't mention that fees are waived I might just call a CSR later if I find 1 or more (if they let me) AUs to add.. only have 4 now.

I did get 4 e-mails this morning saying (among other things):

"We are confirming that you have added 1 Additional Card(s) to your American Express account. The new Card(s) on the account will arrive in a white envelope with a return address of Omaha, Nebraska in 7-10 business days."

I checked online under my account and the 4 AUs are already matched to card numbers -- I can see the last 5 digits of the card issued for all four of them.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Just talked to a very helpful Desire with MR customer service (didn't know it was US based CS ). When I said I would like to add additional users with offer code 5721 for the 10k points each, she immediately knew the offer and quickly explained the terms (first 5 cards free, then $35 for additional for my PR Gold), after first spend the points would post 6-8 weeks later, etc.

At the time I only had one person to add, so I asked if I can add people later and still receive the bonus. She said the account would be notated so I could still add more users, up to 5 new ones, for the bonus. And even though I already had my wife on as a user, I could still add 5 more but that the 5th one would cost $35, since it would actually be the 6th AU after my wife. She also said it was possible to add them online and still receive the bonus, however they preferred that I call it in so that they can make sure to process it correctly and notate each user that is added.

I had name, d.o.b., and ss# to provide them. They also asked for billing address of the person and I said that I didn't have it in front of me. They put me on hold for a while and then said it was fine and that I can update it later. The card was approved and is being mailed out today to my address. (also she explained that the long hold was because of some technical difficulties on their end, not because of the lack of the address).

Side note: I secure messaged MR CS to see if I could get retroactive points for my wife who I added when I oppened the account last October. They said no...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:52 am

Called 3 times since yesterday along with a secured message and got turned down all because I am not targeted.. :-(
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:58 am

SM agents are notorious in my books for turning down requests for bonus MR if you aren't targeted. They're a total pain in the ... with their cliched lines of "sorry for the inconvenience" or "thousand apologies" etc. This is why I'm not a fan of outsourced CS. They fear using discretion like cats fear dogs. My advise - try first with SM if you must (quicker), but don't expect much. Calling MR is your best bet! They are courteous and will extend discretion to a reasonable extent.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by romeoguy
SM agents are notorious in my books for turning down requests for bonus MR if you aren't targeted. They're a total pain in the ... with their cliched lines of "sorry for the inconvenience" or "thousand apologies" etc. This is why I'm not a fan of outsourced CS. They fear using discretion like cats fear dogs. My advise - try first with SM if you must (quicker), but don't expect much. Calling MR is your best bet! They are courteous and will extend discretion to a reasonable extent.
It depends. On the bump to 75K sign up bonus request, the SMs seem work for just about every one while the calling often did not work. We got the bumps on our first SMs.

On this go round for adding AU, it is the exact opposite!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.