Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:15 am

disappointing

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
<br />Sticking your hands out and hoping for the "good luck" that a fully cooked Barbeque Chicken will fall out the sky,especially when asking coded questions, will never work. Appears you have not even read the rules/guidance contained in Wiki or been a regular follower of this Thread. "OneNightStands can be very rewarding but not here.
Not that a normal post that is not coded would receive any help ... I've read the rules and the last comments ... maybe all from this year, then asked for some ideas about how can i get a better price for a ULN-HYD or at least DEL. No one answered ... thanks guys ... you are truly helpful.
VBoogie likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:12 am

Over a long period of time I've read all 1000+ pages and previous threads. This forum isn't welcoming but I'm slowly learning not because of any help or advice that's been given here as it just doesn't happen, you have to really put the leg work in! I've found a few 1x fares but none really flyable and I'm making progress slowly. It's pointless asking for help here and infact I don't know why I bother posting to be honest . .
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by rachelandgromit
Over a long period of time I've read all 1000+ pages and previous threads. This forum isn't welcoming but I'm slowly learning not because of any help or advice that's been given here as it just doesn't happen, you have to really put the leg work in! I've found a few 1x fares but none really flyable and I'm making progress slowly. It's pointless asking for help here and infact I don't know why I bother posting to be honest . .
The thread does seem like a cold place, but I have found if you ask intelligent questions that yes you get a reply (sometimes the replies come via PM).

There are some of the posters here that are willing to help out, but it all comes down to putting some effort in first.
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:08 am

Rookie Status - FD

Trying to learn how to FD if anyone would be inclined to give me some insight.
Does the 3X departure date have an effect? Does it have to be within a reasonable amount of time from the last leg?
Has anyone had any luck with EK?

Have been trying the following combination
C1(We The North) > C3 (Tear Drop in the Indian Ocean) / C3 (3X)

Thanks for your patience...

Last edited by badams91; Nov 30, 2018 at 10:29 am
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Besonderes Stadt

A certain German airport can generate great all in prices to South/Central/North America or Open Jaws between them, including Kardashian City.
No 1X.

On other subject: Seems the YQ FREE Triangle C1 - C4 - C2 - C1 Triple Stop over / Open Jaw deal is gone. At least as of this morning.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Dec 1, 2018 at 6:57 am
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: M&M, EC BA
A certain German airport can generate great all in prices to South/Central/North America or Open Jaws between them, including Kardashian City.
No 1X..
Found city of angels for 142€
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ivan85
Found city of angels for 142€
Ya that is easy. Now all you have to do is getting South American airport with full stop over included in itinerary.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Dec 2, 2018 at 6:28 am
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:03 am
Suspended

Flying without YQ

A certain Non-1X factor will drop $ 620.00 of YQ on Etihad C1 to Middle East and $ 600.00 of YQ on major North American Carrier to Middle East.
As to latter, best very attractive All in price from C1(c).

Same factor reduces All in price to South America by ~ 60 %. Also C4 open jaws.
Best price country with ancient culture and culinary tradition.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Dec 2, 2018 at 6:19 am
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: Plenty
Now all you have to do is getting South American airport with full stop over included in itinerary.
I wanted to Tango and tried the other town accross the river. Also, a short lift ride on tallest building of SA didn‘t work
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
C1 - C3 $140 RT
Non-stop, no 1x
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by P4Fly
C1 - C3 $140 RT
Non-stop, no 1x
So many non 1x deals recently, some new common approach across these?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:30 pm

A certain Non-1X factor will drop $ 620.00 of YQ on Etihad C1 to Middle East and $ 600.00 of YQ on major North American Carrier to Middle East.
As to latter, best very attractive All in price from C1(c).

Same factor reduces All in price to South America by ~ 60 %. Also C4 open jaws.
Best price country with ancient culture and culinary tradition.
Virgin Strike?

Last edited by badams91; Dec 2, 2018 at 10:52 pm
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:31 am

EK Long Haul Help

Sorry, should have been more clear about the itinerary.
looking at EK YYZ to CMB via DXB - January 11th to February 1st. Have been using SF Tool to look for a flyable 3X to no avail.

End-to-End combinations permitted with domestic fares within CA. Side Trips Permitted.

Have been trying to shed about 419lbs.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: *A
thanks to you this idi**** from SF will have free data base of strikes and they will do the same what they showed last sundays
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by zroland
thanks to you this idi**** from SF will have free data base of strikes and they will do the same what they showed last sundays
Just trying to learn the process, have read over 250 pages now from the beginning of this thread.
SF tool hasn't made any of the fundamentals any easier and I don't think they've released a list, but okay.
andy111 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.