Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:59 pm

Lightbulb is this fare dumpable?

I have been learning about FD for quite some time and have been somewhat successful but even after trying everything i could i am unable to dump this specific flight even though the rules and everything looks all right in my perspective. I am just looking for some guidance and advice.
Spoiler

Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by jorun
Destination: C2
Miles flown: 12,123
Cabin Class: Business Class

Total price $ 854.40
there was two mistakes (different fares) to c2 and both are dead. You had plenty of time to find and book them.

another deal:

Destination: C3
Miles flown: 12,841
Total price $ 854
lower price is possible

Let's see if you will be able to find this one

hint: it's not a low cost airline!

Last edited by jorun; Jun 29, 2018 at 9:07 am
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Business Class C2-C1 € 415,75 on legacy carrier with FREE stop-over ( 1 week or more ) at Capital City of former colonial power.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Business Class C2-C1 € 415,75 on legacy carrier with FREE stop-over ( 1 week or more ) at Capital City of former colonial power.
Still a good price, even if Oneway, if we are talking about the same combination, if not, you found a much better city pair than I did
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:25 am

Make it a round trip for 410€ more. 825€
matio_svk likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:26 pm

Exclamation help me pretty please

1. END-ON-END COMBINATIONS NOT PERMITTED WITH FARES WITHIN AREA 1 - can this fare be FD?
  2. and sometimes it say "END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED WITH FARES WITHIN AREA 1" and how about these fares ?
carrier- Air Canada
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Pranav Pal
  1. END-ON-END COMBINATIONS NOT PERMITTED WITH FARES WITHIN AREA 1 - can this fare be FD?
  2. and sometimes it say "END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED WITH FARES WITHIN AREA 1" and how about these fares ?
carrier- Air Canada
Do you think you can honestly figure out fuel dumping if you cannot even understand this?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:32 am

another deal:

Destination: C3
Miles flown: 12,841
Total price $ 854
lower price is possible

Let's see if you will be able to find this one

hint: it's not a low cost airline!
Anyone any ideas?
I do have a 12,841 miles routing to C3. Can't find any errors in those biz fares. Specific OTA-error maybe, or wrong 12,841 miler?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Specific OTA-error maybe, or wrong 12,841 miler?
why should I post a wrong distance LOL?
Don't worry about the OTA.

have a nice weekend
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
if the airlines don't have IA you can't mix them.
You can mix them only if there is a third airline which has IA with the others. It's a smart way to force the ota to issue the ticket on another stock.
Anyway most of the dump are between airlines with IA.

it's better to focus the attention on which stock dumps the airline XX. There is a tool which can tell you exactly if airline XX is dumpable by stock XX. Sometimes fare rules tell you exactly which stock dump airline XX.

Thanks Jorun. Is the tool ExpertFlyer ? I presume it isn't a tool which literally tells you its dumpable but tells you if they have an IA (directly or indirectly as you describe above) ??
Could you advise what the tool is called & where its found ? :-)
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Old Tricks never die - or do they ?

I have not done any work on "Inline 2X" in a long time. I have lots of screenshots of highly cost effective In-Line 2X itineraries saved from back in 2015-16 . They were very powerful, when using LH,OS,SN,LX combinations. A simple PM saying "Yes I have created In-Line 2X structures recently" will be great.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jun 30, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
Do you think you can honestly figure out fuel dumping if you cannot even understand this?
well my friend you are mistaken. I have cracked alot of fares but this air canada flight is a pain in an a**. I just wanted to know if the fares which mention that end on end is only available in area 1 can be cracked. To satisfy that statement I tried multiple areas in c1 with multiple carriers which have agreements with air canada but alas i failed. I just want to know why i failed.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:00 am

why should I post a wrong distance LOL?
Don't worry about the OTA.

have a nice weekend
I believe you have posted the correct distance LOL.

I have a suspect route at the same miles (12,841), but it shows no signs of your price during the available schedule. So, have I found a route of the same distance that is by chance the same distance, but isn't at all related to your claim.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Thanks Jorun. Is the tool ExpertFlyer ? I presume it isn't a tool which literally tells you its dumpable but tells you if they have an IA (directly or indirectly as you describe above) ??
Could you advise what the tool is called & where its found ? :-)
Can't say what Jorun is using, but if you use this tool with a bit of a hacker mentality, you might get the information you need: cheapflightalerts.org/check
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:20 pm

I have not done any work on "Inline 2X" in a long time. I have lots of screenshots of highly cost effective In-Line 2X itineraries saved from back in 2015-16 . They were very powerful, when using LH,OS,SN,LX combinations. A simple PM saying "Yes I have created In-Line 2X structures recently" will be great.
Yes I have created In-Line 2X structures recently.
route is c2-c1.5 RT. I did a post months ago and it still works.

@ Sisyphus1carus

the tool shows you if the stock XX will dump the airline YY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.