Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: Le Blue
Originally Posted by davem4
Oh ... there goes my evening, I have to find this!
Your evening will be fun.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by Flyinghobby
Your evening will be fun.
Can search while watching netflix.

Done some quick recon now.

- The airline is a ME one (again unsure of writing specifics here)
- Taxes and essential taxes are 180 euro
- Indicates the 3x fare is ~19 euro
- Isn't openjaw (at least to anything in europe)
- isn't openjaw within vietnam

I think i read in the thread about a 13 miler working for this carrier. My understanding that was either an island hop, or a bus trip in USA from central station to airport.

Would appreciate a little more guidance from someone who knows.

I do know this airlines codeshares are dumpable however these flights are not on that codeshare (and the 3x cost for these is more than 19 euro). So the dump isn't the method that I know.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I am at €215.76 so far. Including 7 days in Istanbul.
Originating in NYC only a bit higher.
I reach 217.36 GBP... your price is on ota or ita?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by DreamerSte
I reach 217.36 GBP... your price is on ota or ita?
Removed all the YQ and your dump fare is quite large? Or only managing a portion?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:12 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Moderator warning

I see that some posters are forgetting their manners and the Rules of posting. That’s why we have Rule 12. It’s time to review and comply with Rule 12.
https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

I also think it’s time for everyone to review the rules of posting in this thread. You can find those here.

Failure to follow any of the rules may subject you to a suspension of your posting privileges.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:30 am

Ok, so it isn't the 13 miler.

I have pulled out the carriers list of codeshare partners (from their help site). So key highlights ones that might have a 19euro fare and are in interesting zones are TVG (French trains), Copa, GOL, Jetstar (asia and australia).

I can't get any of the TVG trains to show in ITA, I can find Belgium/DE/Italian trains however these do nothing as a 1 or 3x. For the TVG trains do I use CDG as the paris rail code or does the airport station have a different one?

Would greatly appreciate a nudge in the right direction from someone in the know.

Cheers,

Can search while watching netflix.

Done some quick recon now.

- The airline is a ME one (again unsure of writing specifics here)
- Taxes and essential taxes are 180 euro
- Indicates the 3x fare is ~19 euro
- Isn't openjaw (at least to anything in europe)
- isn't openjaw within vietnam

I think i read in the thread about a 13 miler working for this carrier. My understanding that was either an island hop, or a bus trip in USA from central station to airport.

Would appreciate a little more guidance from someone who knows.

I do know this airlines codeshares are dumpable however these flights are not on that codeshare (and the 3x cost for these is more than 19 euro). So the dump isn't the method that I know.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:26 am

Removed all the YQ and your dump fare is quite large? Or only managing a portion?
Now I reached 220 euro, changing dates... removed all YQ, apparently impossible to find a better strike.
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:44 pm

TK have a 1 GBP fare from LHR-BKK allowing stopover in IST.
Travel basically Feb-Jun next year.

I know TK have been dumpable in the past, but I have no idea how so don't PM me asking for advice.

But this may be helpful to those that do know how to deal with TK.
This ends today, hopefully, someone took advantage. No luck on discovering the trick on my side, and getting some funny errors on matrix not allowing me to change sales cities (was thinking it may be something here)

Last edited by davem4; Sep 18, 2018 at 12:53 pm
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:42 am

This ends today, hopefully, someone took advantage. No luck on discovering the trick on my side, and getting some funny errors on matrix not allowing me to change sales cities (was thinking it may be something here)
An advise for you: don't waste your time. You got almost the same price, so you can be almost sure that you used the same trick which they used.

the c2-sgn deal posted by another member was worthwhile to discover and I hope you did.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by jorun
An advise for you: don't waste your time. You got almost the same price, so you can be almost sure that you used the same trick which they used.

the c2-sgn deal posted by another member was worthwhile to discover and I hope you did.
Not yet, but the C2-SGN deal is for ticketing until 21OCT 18 so hopefully I make progress.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Not yet, but the C2-SGN deal is for ticketing until 21OCT 18 so hopefully I make progress.
Better idea is for you to do 1X/2X ( Round trip) from your hometown to a world class city where you probably already have friends and start the C2-C3 from an airport much closer to your second listed hometown. You also avoid 1 or 2 potentially very expensive hotel stay(s) in extremely expensive cities.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 19, 2018 at 1:20 pm
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: Le Blue
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Better idea is for you to do 1X/2X ( Round trip) from your hometown to a world class city where you probably already have friends and start the C2-C3 from an airport much closer to your second listed hometown. You also avoid 1 or 2 potentially very expensive hotel stay(s) in extremely expensive cities.
Whats Price?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyinghobby
Whats Price?
It was a recommendation based on his specific geographic parameters. For him total price would be less than the additional cost of positioning flight and hotel(s).
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:01 am
Suspended

BF

A 12,189 Km 2 segment flight into Bnei Atarot has Base Fare of $ 0.43. If applied correctly.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 21, 2018 at 2:04 pm
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:08 am

C2-C3 RT plus 3X 238 € AI.

Even a noob can find this easy 3X dump in 5 minutes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.