Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: None
Ladies and gentlemen,
what would happen if you book a 1X with a main flight (the carrier of the 1X, I heard, is known to be skippable, but I wouldn;t rely on it) is in fact AFTER the main leg because it is in a different time zone.

Does anyone have a guess or even experience?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by alexdergrosse
Ladies and gentlemen,
what would happen if you book a 1X with a main flight (the carrier of the 1X, I heard, is known to be skippable, but I wouldn;t rely on it) is in fact AFTER the main leg because it is in a different time zone.

Does anyone have a guess or even experience?
It wouldn't be possible to book.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Have also already seen it, but from the moment a single person would look in your booking for whatever reason they'll probably suspend the ticket as it would be unflyable.
Also a chance that you even can't check in, as the first coupon in the e-ticket would still be the 1x, which would be unflown at the moment you try to check-in/board your mainflights.

Furthermore, even in the unlikely case that you manage to fly the outbound they'll cancel/DB the return as the ticket would be completely out of sequence at that moment.

Last edited by fbruno; Aug 1, 2017 at 10:47 am
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta
Ok so I finally cracked the code and am ready to start hunting to 3x strikes. What is your preffered OTA to book with to achieve the dumps? Does Google Flights work?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Chrisbuddy87
Ok so I finally cracked the code and am ready to start hunting to 3x strikes. What is your preffered OTA to book with to achieve the dumps? Does Google Flights work?
Aggregator portals such as KAYAK are good starting points.TATL € 156 RT. Less than half of that in reverse.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 3, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Aggregator portals such as KAYAK are good starting points.TATL € 156 RT. Less than half of that in reverse.
There were so many problems with skipped 1x lately. Why still offering such dumps?
Even if your reverse is without 1x.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:36 pm
Suspended

You need to know how to deal with these issues.
Base fares are coming down.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 7, 2017 at 5:25 am
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:19 pm

Can anybody offer tips on finding a 3X for C1-C3 on EK? I see a $878 total with 650 lbs of fat.
I am new to this and from playing around last night I get the feeling that EK has closed doors on 3Xs
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mkflyertalk
Can anybody offer tips on finding a 3X for C1-C3 on EK? I see a $878 total with 650 lbs of fat.
I am new to this and from playing around last night I get the feeling that EK has closed doors on 3Xs
The door was never open. You need much stronger medicine.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 7, 2017 at 5:27 am
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:46 am

But be careful. Some strong medicine will have very bad side effects.
Waiting for your report about denied boarding.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Silberpanda
But be careful. Some strong medicine will have very bad side effects.
Waiting for your report about denied boarding.
The key word in your posting must be " some ".

I have never had EK problems from JFK or ever lost any money.

Sounds like you or some of your friends had problems, in which case we would love to hear about them.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 7, 2017 at 9:52 am
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:13 am

WWE,

you know that I appreciate your opinion but mkflyertalk has 2 posts here. I would expect that he is new in this game.
To advise him "strong medicine" is dangerous. I would expect that mkflyertalk has no experience with that issue.

During the past month minimum 4 well known airlines denied boarding because of dumps. And yes, EK was one of that.

Experts (like you) know which strong medicine (therefore I wrote "some") is actually still working. But how long will it work? Will a noob find the right medicine to feel better, or will he get ill? OTA´s started to block the good medicine. Why? We are living in a digital world. It will be quite easy for Airlines to talk to eachother.

Conclusion: Allways think twice what kind of medicine you use although the doctor recommend it. It is like in real life.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
WWE,

you know that I appreciate your opinion but mkflyertalk has 2 posts here. I would expect that he is new in this game.
To advise him "strong medicine" is dangerous. I would expect that mkflyertalk has no experience with that issue.

During the past month minimum 4 well known airlines denied boarding because of dumps. And yes, EK was one of that.

Experts (like you) know which strong medicine (therefore I wrote "some") is actually still working. But how long will it work? Will a noob find the right medicine to feel better, or will he get ill? OTA´s started to block the good medicine. Why? We are living in a digital world. It will be quite easy for Airlines to talk to eachother.

Conclusion: Allways think twice what kind of medicine you use although the doctor recommend it. It is like in real life.
What were the other 3?

I know QR did based on those 1x that people thought were "skippable".. then of course, they go crying to their travel agent because of the "mean" QR folks
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:54 am
Suspended

WWE,
There was deliberately no advise given, not even a hint. Just a response that 3Xs do not work on EK and that a search would be futile. This will save him a lot of time and energy. I think saving people from going down blind alleys is the least a newcomer can expect.
If he subsequently wanted to search for "stronger medicine" he would then have to climb the learning like everyone else and by then presumably comprehend what benefit / cost ratio to expect. No different than 100s of other who have followed Trick-It over the years.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
You need to know how to deal with these issues.
Base fares are coming down.
​​​​​
How should we deal with these issues ?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.