Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: cine
I am on a trip now with CA. I did not get to check in online. But no problem at the airport. The itinerary can not be confirmed in checkmytrip. Dump 100%? I only got 50%.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by javi1980
I am on a trip now with CA. I did not get to check in online. But no problem at the airport. The itinerary can not be confirmed in checkmytrip. Dump 100%? I only got 50%.
No one got more. Wish you the nice trip.
javi1980 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kapi1904
I see a lot of people are able to dump CA with a 3x. I am ready to book an itinerary on CA with a 3x. Any bad experience with this airline with tricked tickets?
Did Online Check-In work to your final destination?
no need for olci as long as you're not bringing the special attention
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
For western Europeans - you can start from Anne frank house and head to a popular city in SEA and return to a city 45 min away(flight time) for 337,53 euro. On a very good airline. Dates in May. Safe construction.

Your destination can be popular destination under a volcanic threat for 399 euro.
Evianon likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano
For western Europeans - you can start from Anne frank house and head to a popular city in SEA and return to a city 45 min away(flight time) for 337,53 euro. On a very good airline. Dates in May. Safe construction.

Your destination can be popular destination under a volcanic threat for 399 euro.
you can fly at these prices even safer. With no dump. It is called xiamen or air china.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: IKEA Family
Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano

Curious fare. Works for a nearby alternative for your second option when returning to a city slightly further than 45 min away as well.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:57 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on this one? Trying to dump some of that 383 YQ with no success at the moment

c2 - c1 return
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
@Evianon- Yes. There seems to be some combinations that work...I thought I saw a similar fare returning from western airport in c6 but cant seem to find dates again.

Last edited by Bob Saccamano; Mar 14, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Otherwise use award C4-C2 ( often with New York/Miami free stop-over ) and then 92,30 C2-C4 OW
With ME3 carrier or ST carrier? Nonstop? Thanks WWE.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:43 am

I'm bored and I want to travel soon. Anyone want to work together? I've a track record of making actual headway on this thread and I've made itins before.

I'd just like a few more puzzles to toy with.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
DP: some airlines are allowing missing flights on partner airlines to be credited to their program (doesnt work always, and this is obviously a trick)

Never tried it on a missed 3x, only on a missed flight on a regular itinerary. Got the miles (both redeem and qualifying)
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
I think he was probably talking about a city empire, not a modern country.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:17 am

Yes, this one is easy. I literally got 50%off on a first ITA run. It is still a good price C2c - far C6 for ~500$

Originally Posted by javi1980
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Jeez what happened to this forum?????? We have a bunch of newbies and then WWE..... I'm looking at post counts and have to say I'm disappointed we have people who don't contribute much to the forum who just want to be spoonfed some FD's and save a couple hundred bucks. Haven't been on this forum for years as I'm not flying economy anyway anymore. But I respect the game.

Keep it up.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
the game, and sadly, the players have changed dramatically. One guy in a league of his own and then many others have gone elsewhere as many noobs don't respect the rules. I only come here once a month, maybe, down from 2-3 times a day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.