Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:34 pm
vji

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Who/what entity accepted your recurso? I am aware of more than 1 person with flights that were booked pretty much 330 days out that have had them reinstated in J after filing the RP

Did you list your address as USA?
It seems as if the lawyers have gotten my documents and sent in some forms to the court of appeals in Chile. They have told me that the recurso was accepted but the order not to innovate was denied (not granted), and that an appeal is being filed. They also said that only around 30% get the order not to innovate, which seems contradictory to the stats shared here. Either way I will provide updates; I think patience is key in cases like these.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by vji
…. They have told me that the recurso was accepted but the order not to innovate was denied (not granted), and that an appeal is being filed. They also said that only around 30% get the order not to innovate, which seems contradictory to the stats shared here..
I already had doubts about the stats shared here! Would love to see a boarding pass of an actual flight in J and the corresponding booking.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:18 pm

Just got the cancellation email too!!!
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:22 pm

Still no cancellation from LastMinute - despite only the inbound leg showing for around 3 weeks now
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:54 am

got a cancellation email about flights I already took. LA now blaming IB. Can't even get their stories straight.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by cmnmia
got a cancellation email about flights I already took. LA now blaming IB. Can't even get their stories straight.
Great, then ask for a refund 🙂

AFAIK, LA always blamed IB for the cancellation.
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Deckter
Great, then ask for a refund 🙂

AFAIK, LA always blamed IB for the cancellation.
That's interesting, if true.
Refund according to email should already be on the way - hardly believable unless they want to avoid paying compensation.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
What part isn't straight?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by danger
What part isn't straight?
One was blaming the other, now one month later it's the other way around.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
One was blaming the other, now one month later it's the other way around.
Not the other way around, just both. LA always blamed IB, and IB always blamed LA.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:54 am

Any more news about Iberia cancelling the 1k tickets? I Don’t understand why only one person in this forum received “the call”.

my tickets are for december and I also have the option to go with Latam in tourist (for 330) euros but they give me a few days to decide or they mark them as no-show (with no compensation, only the taxes). I need to travel on those dates and I am still uncertain if Iberia will cancel or not!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Elena2611
Any more news about Iberia cancelling the 1k tickets? I Don’t understand why only one person in this forum received “the call”.

my tickets are for december and I also have the option to go with Latam in tourist (for 330) euros but they give me a few days to decide or they mark them as no-show (with no compensation, only the taxes). I need to travel on those dates and I am still uncertain if Iberia will cancel or not!
10 days ago I received the call and mail from Iberia that my 1k would be cancelled within 3 days. No further communication received and the booking is still alive on the IB website…
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Elena2611

im also on one of those 1k tickets. Still alive on the website and did not receive any communication that would lead me to believe it’s not.
leftysauce likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
I woke up this morning to find a voicemail from Spain at 3:54am PST. It was from Iberia and the message said it was about your flight to Santiago, there is an incident on this fare and we are going to change to economy. I checked my bookings (3 trips) and all still show J class. Any thoughts on any recourse on this? I hope they honor this, but if they don't I hope to get a refund.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by rushfan02
I woke up this morning to find a voicemail from Spain at 3:54am PST. It was from Iberia and the message said it was about your flight to Santiago, there is an incident on this fare and we are going to change to economy. I checked my bookings (3 trips) and all still show J class. Any thoughts on any recourse on this? I hope they honor this, but if they don't I hope to get a refund.
was that for a 1k or 300 fare?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.