Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ComandantePuchinetta
The Comandante has now received "the call" offering a friendly downgrade. Happily impressed by the speed of the "Recurso de Protección"

Question now has moved to: do we accept "the counter offer" or do we wait for the ruling which is likely to be what we all expect to be.
Thanks for the update ! If I get to such a situation, I would choose to wait, I got the money back anyway without ever asking for it...
Did LATAM call you or the OTA? Did you already get your refund ? Just for my information, are you a Chilean citizen or resident (seems like you need this RUT number to file a Recurso de Proteccion no ?)
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:58 am

- PL
- Money made it back this week
- Non Chilean

Knowing a little bit of negotiations clearly they are trying to cut losses here. This was expected outcome IMHO.

Me personally, while I like Premium there are personal reasons for this trip that go beyond the class difference. Their actions all points that they know all the Recursos will fall very hard on them.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ComandantePuchinetta
- PL
- Money made it back this week
- Non Chilean

Knowing a little bit of negotiations clearly they are trying to cut losses here. This was expected outcome IMHO.

Me personally, while I like Premium there are personal reasons for this trip that go beyond the class difference. Their actions all points that they know all the Recursos will fall very hard on them.
So you would consider that it's worth filing for this recorso de proteccion? I have no intent to fly this in economy or even premium economy... I read on the whatsapp group that some passengers, following the SERNAC procedure, were offered a rebooking in economy at the date of their choice within the next 12 months. I wonder if the same will be offered in business class via the recorso de proteccion...?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by palmanfr
So you would consider that it's worth filing for this recorso de proteccion? I have no intent to fly this in economy or even premium economy... I read on the whatsapp group that some passengers, following the SERNAC procedure, were offered a rebooking in economy at the date of their choice within the next 12 months. I wonder if the same will be offered in business class via the recorso de proteccion...?
Its $35-$40 to file. You can decide yourself if its worth it...

Minimal upfront cost and next to no work, to see if you get your business class flights get reinstated down the line

Its a no brainer imo
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:24 am

IMHO the recurso is the best option and if you are only willing to accept business that is the only way you have. The recurso only costs 35 - 50 euros.

The company is calling basically to avoid the outcome of the recurso IMO
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:27 am

I´m planning to give them a nice tip and everybody should do the same
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:04 am

Hi folks, I just had a chat with my lawyer couple of things:

- They are super confident of how things are going

- While they have a big overload they are managing well and they have bandwidth to help anyone else that might want to present a Recurso. Keep in mind the deadline of 30 days after the cancellation

What do you need to prepare to make the claim?

1) Send me your complete information, full name, passport number, address, profession, marital status, etc.
2) the first booking email on the day of purchase, one that says “you are going to Stgo” or something like that, that is the purchase confirmation
3) the second booking email that contains the ticket numbers that start with 045, that is the reservation confirmation
4) screenshot of the card where the charge appears, the payment
5) first cancellation notice email
6) second cancellation notice email, that was sent yesterday or the day before yesterday I think. It is from Gotogate not from booking , an associated company
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
No offense to anyone here, but if the option is to spend non-refundable ADDITIONAL money and send all my info to a random person in South America to MAAAAYBE get a 350 euro ticket re-instated.... Or just take the full refund and hop on board the next time one of these dates comes around, I know what I'd do, and it's definitely not the part that risks my identify being stolen and actually losing money.

Is all this risk and effort reaaaaally worth it? Just my 2 cents.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
So what I don’t understand is:
We can pay $40 or so for the lawyer to send an angry letter. So far, so good.

But:

1. Can we send the same letter ourselves? In Europe, it’s typically the contents of the letter that matter, not who wrote it.
2. Say I pay the $40 and they offer to reissue the ticket in Y and I decline. What happens then? Will I have to sue? Will it cost me more money?

I’m definitely not paying $40 for a chance to fly in Y.
But if $40 is all there is to pay and it gives me a good shot of actually flying it as booked, I might go for it.
However, potentially paying hundreds of dollars for a lawsuit is out of the question for me. Even though I understand why a lawyer would say the chances of winning are good. ;-)
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
A visual review of our excellent trip together booking this fare so far...(turn sound on)...

Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
1. Can we send the same letter ourselves?
Yes

2. Say I pay the $40 and they offer to reissue the ticket in Y and I decline. What happens then? Will I have to sue? Will it cost me more money?
You now have declined a ticket in Y and you still have your refund. Sue for what? Depends on what legal system you use, it will cost you at least time.

I’m definitely not paying $40 for a chance to fly in Y.
You can [most likely] fly in Y if you do not want to pay the $40 and it will cost you just your time. Sernac. But I am unsure why you are bringing this up, as you have already stated:

Sorry, I don't understand. I'm not interested in flying this in economy. I either want to fly it in business class or not at all. What do I have to do?
And you have been explained how you can go about trying to get your business ticket(s) reinstated. Seems you are just going in circles here. Send a letter yourself. Or take a punt of $40 (and your info) and see if the lawyers who are handling presumably tens or hundreds of these will end up with J for us all. Or do nothing and hang onto your refund. Or whatever you want really

But if $40 is all there is to pay and it gives me a good shot of actually flying it as booked, I might go for it.
What is a good shot for you?

However, potentially paying hundreds of dollars for a lawsuit is out of the question for me.
Then do not pay hundreds of dollars for a lawsuit
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:59 am

Lots of folks, even some that did not file claim via Recurso or via SERNAC are claiming that either they are receiving calls or if they call LATAM they are being given the chance to swap to economy without further questioning.

For those that might not have filled a claim yet and are interested in flying coach this might be a good moment to call them.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:49 am

I'm having issues following some of this..

Is it the recurso that has the $40 cost and which may get the business ticket reinstated?

If so, how do I contact one of the lawyers who is handling this? Is anyone already in contact with one and can provide contact details? Are there any potential additional costs or is that $40 the only cost risk?

If the recurso is only for the economy seat, what is the current process that is happening to try to get the business tickets reinstated?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The recurso is an official letter where the lawyer demands that they reinstate the ticket in business class.
I’m in touch with a lawyer and trying to find out what the next steps would be if they refuse.
Will share details when I have them, which should be very soon.
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:38 am

Should we open a new thread about LATAM now spamming our inboxes to accept the economy downgrade or do we keep it in the same thread?

Am I right assuming that they are in panic mode now trying to mitigate a big mess in their premium class?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.