Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
So I am wondering how IBERIA can tell LATAM to cancel a LATAM flight with a ticket issued on LATAM paper and LATAM sit back and say yeah fine.
In SPANISH
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I did an online check-in, scheduled departure from MAD is in T-4 hours.

Immediate PDF & Mobile BP for the return SCL-MAD 6/22 11:20

For MAD-EZE IB6841 6/20 23:59, shows boarding pass will be issued after upload and verification of pending documents:
1) electronic affidavit: Argentina entry form including accommodations for first 7 nights
2) proof of covid immunization
3) image of passport photo page
4) proof of travel insurance valid in Argentina
5) proof of onward travel departing from Argentina "Since my ticket does not include any return or departure from Argentina"

so.. 100% flyable as an open-jaw. Transit is not a valid online check-in option. (so those with a separate booking out of EZE would need to check in with an agent

I'm calling to un-check in and will contact mytrip for further instructions.
jmmlaguna, iamanil, Keter and 7 others like this.

Last edited by expert7700; Jun 20, 2022 at 12:03 pm
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
All I see is that we are caught up between three confused and incompetent parties, two airlines and an OTA, who are all trying to pass the buck to each other and do not know how to handle this....
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:02 pm

FWIW I was able to "check in" with Iberia for the return flight (which is the only one left on my booking), and get a boarding pass. But the b/p also says "no checked bags" so something is screwy with this non-ticket. Anyway, without a ticket there it's not very useful.
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by tr3k
FWIW I was able to "check in" with Iberia for the return flight (which is the only one left on my booking), and get a boarding pass. But the b/p also says "no checked bags" so something is screwy with this non-ticket. Anyway, without a ticket there it's not very useful.
It was the same situation for my gf, i have a boarding pass for her SCL-MAD in September. Don't worry about the no luggage section : i never ever had an Iberia boarding pass showing luggage allowance (despite having some and never had issues to put luggage in)
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by palmanfr
It was the same situation for my gf, i have a boarding pass for her SCL-MAD in September. Don't worry about the no luggage section : i never ever had an Iberia boarding pass showing luggage allowance (despite having some and never had issues to put luggage in)
Well, it's not a bad deal for a o/w ticket either. However, unfortunately, no matching deals for the way there for the time I need - and buying an expensive o/w ticket just to use another cheap one seems unwise.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
I just realised that the desktop version of Tripcase still shows my etickets under the Documents section. 'OK to fly' status for all coupons. Unless 'ok to fly' is not an actual coupon status this means that LA only cancelled their segment (in my case RIO-SCL) and did not do anything to the ticket and IB segments.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by Keter
I just realised that the desktop version of Tripcase still shows my etickets under the Documents section. 'OK to fly' status for all coupons. Unless 'ok to fly' is not an actual coupon status this means that LA only cancelled their segment (in my case RIO-SCL) and did not do anything to the ticket and IB segments.
I'm not 100% convinced Sabre is pulling the actual ticket info and not just giving you the ticket image it has access to (ie initial in this case).
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro
Please excuse the ignorance here. I have been reading along since post one (and contributing where it seemed relevant). I am a bit confused though. I "had" tickets booked for February- I am in no hurry to do much about them, willing to ride it out and see what happens (ie pay the credit card bill when it comes due) but the earlier post on 7 days is confusing me. I booked the tickets with my Amex Platinum on PL on 6/15 and then received the follow up post that many got about me "voluntarily changing my tickets" on 6/19. Do I have to do something within 7 days to make sure I receive the full refund? Or can I, as I said, just wait it out for a while and see if these tickets get honored and if it looks like for sure it is a no go, then request a refund or a chargeback? I appreciate any flame-free advice I get!
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by FrankTalk
I'm not 100% convinced Sabre is pulling the actual ticket info and not just giving you the ticket image it has access to (ie initial in this case).
Is there a way to definitively check - received no comms from booking.com, and all looks intact on IB, LATAM and AY websites (can’t locate on SV)?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by odie11
Please excuse the ignorance here. I have been reading along since post one (and contributing where it seemed relevant). I am a bit confused though. I "had" tickets booked for February- I am in no hurry to do much about them, willing to ride it out and see what happens (ie pay the credit card bill when it comes due) but the earlier post on 7 days is confusing me. I booked the tickets with my Amex Platinum on PL on 6/15 and then received the follow up post that many got about me "voluntarily changing my tickets" on 6/19. Do I have to do something within 7 days to make sure I receive the full refund? Or can I, as I said, just wait it out for a while and see if these tickets get honored and if it looks like for sure it is a no go, then request a refund or a chargeback? I appreciate any flame-free advice I get!
I don't think there is a rush to do anything at this point, just wait and see....Until this mess clears up a bit more....
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by nk15
I don't think there is a rush to do anything at this point, just wait and see....Until this mess clears up a bit more....
however there is a maximum amount of time you have to make a claim with Amex if you had to
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:48 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by megaloman
Right to care/refund/reroute applies at any time - from the moment of booking.

14-day window is applicable to the cash compensation only.
who?
In difference to others I have a ticket for next week and want to fly.
Latam says - "we did not do anything to the ticket" it was canceled on request of Iberia
Iberia says - - "we did not do anything to the ticket"
OTA says - "ticket was canceled by Iberia on request of customer"

so now what?

no customer request at all
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:58 pm
Shl

Originally Posted by FrankTalk
This is factually untrue unless they took the effort of reissuing at least one coupon. As long as they are only messing with the reservation itself and maybe revalidate the ticket (ie as long as all coupons show OPEN on the original OTA-issued ticket) the OTA retains control and any fix is thus their responsibility. Now if they reissued the ticket it's of course their provenance from that point on.

No, they don't. PL either have control over the ticket (all coupons open) and can refund themselves irrespective of the reservation status or they don't because some coupons were exchanged or refunded, in which case the plating carrier happily took it upon themselves to handle any further issues regarding said ticket. Of course the agent can go after the money but as soon as the airline breaks it they also buy it, even if wholly unused.

It's not about a valid ticket actually but about getting your confirmed reservation cancelled out because the airline disagrees with your purchasing practice. Sadly there is nothing there in EU261 to protect you from this.

This is correct in theory but only in theory. While I definitely not recommend it I flew on mangled tickets where 60% of the itinerary was missing without much fuss. "Will deal with it later when we get there" - "Good enough for me". Having said that the legs flown were confirmed in the reservation and matched the ticketed flights.

It also won't cover the case the airline deem your reservation [insert adjective] and cancel your confirmed seats. In that case the flight is not 1) delayed nor 2) cancelled and 3) you can't present for check in without a reservation, thus denied boarding doesn't apply to you. Unfortunate oversight.

Hi there - thank you very much for taking the time for this comprehensive information
My experience however is different
Flight next week. LATAM ticket, sold by Lastminute.com first segment Iberia

From my calls with all parties involved, it seems that:
- Iberia is the one party who has altered the ticket after they took it under airport control
- LATAM, as well as Lastminute.com, say they have no longer control
- Iberia says they have not done anything to the ticket but the segments have been deleted and I can not fly next Tuesday

So now what? I want to fly next week - have booked hotels and connections.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:11 pm
Shl

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Interesting, do you have a link to the court decision, or a press article somewhere?
palmanfr also interested in the link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.