Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Shl
who?
In difference to others I have a ticket for next week and want to fly.
Latam says - "we did not do anything to the ticket" it was canceled on request of Iberia
Iberia says - - "we did not do anything to the ticket"
OTA says - "ticket was canceled by Iberia on request of customer"

so now what?

no customer request at all
Originally Posted by Shl
Hi there - thank you very much for taking the time for this comprehensive information
My experience however is different
Flight next week. LATAM ticket, sold by Lastminute.com first segment Iberia

From my calls with all parties involved, it seems that:
- Iberia is the one party who has altered the ticket after they took it under airport control
- LATAM, as well as Lastminute.com, say they have no longer control
- Iberia says they have not done anything to the ticket but the segments have been deleted and I can not fly next Tuesday

So now what? I want to fly next week - have booked hotels and connections.
Assume you've tried OLCI? IB seems to not have any timeframe on when you can check in for your flight, I tried it with my ticket number and indeed it only pulled up the IB segments MAD-LIM and SCL-MAD with the LA LIM-SCL missing, but the system was going to let me check in if I kept clicking through. Some other people upthread have also done OLCI which seems to me that the IB segments will be flyable. If the e-ticket was out of sync or had issues, usually OLCI won't work (don't know about IB, others here more familiar seem to have zero faith in their IT, LOL).

I guess if your ticket was indeed cancelled then that's it, but doesn't seem to be the case with a number of other posters, and at least so far myself as well. I'm not going to attempt to talk to IB (or LA for that matter) for a while yet as my flights aren't immediate. Some of the posters more familiar with EC 261 seem to feel that after an undefined period of time passes, then we may get some traction on re-routes, etc. I think some people actually want to fly it as an open jaw and are happy with what they have, but personally I'd prefer to go to SCL at this point, I've spent a lot more time in Peru before than Chile, so would be the preferred way. Of course that's still available on my own dime, but naturally would rather not pay $200 for an LCC or a lot more for LA flights, real shame that Avianca Peru folded, they used to be pretty generous about space-a upgrades for *G passengers.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:18 pm

How are people doing OLCI with Iberia already? I am getting the message that I can only check within 24 hours.

pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:26 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Assume you've tried OLCI? IB seems to not have any timeframe on when you can check in for your flight, I tried it with my ticket number and indeed it only pulled up the IB segments MAD-LIM and SCL-MAD with the LA LIM-SCL missing, but the system was going to let me check in if I kept clicking through. Some other people upthread have also done OLCI which seems to me that the IB segments will be flyable. If the e-ticket was out of sync or had issues, usually OLCI won't work (don't know about IB, others here more familiar seem to have zero faith in their IT, LOL).

I guess if your ticket was indeed cancelled then that's it, but doesn't seem to be the case with a number of other posters, and at least so far myself as well. I'm not going to attempt to talk to IB (or LA for that matter) for a while yet as my flights aren't immediate. Some of the posters more familiar with EC 261 seem to feel that after an undefined period of time passes, then we may get some traction on re-routes, etc. I think some people actually want to fly it as an open jaw and are happy with what they have, but personally I'd prefer to go to SCL at this point, I've spent a lot more time in Peru before than Chile, so would be the preferred way. Of course that's still available on my own dime, but naturally would rather not pay $200 for an LCC or a lot more for LA flights, real shame that Avianca Peru folded, they used to be pretty generous about space-a upgrades for *G passengers.
Thanks for your feedback - I appreciate it.
None of the above cases represents my situation though. I have a confirmed ticket with the OTA and LATAM but missing the coupons. Now the question is about who has deleted them. Strong evidence that IBERIA has done so. I did not call for cancelation. But Iberia says - "You can not fly that ticket but we have not touched it." LATAM same. OTA same. Ticket under airport control. Noone can touch it.

Flight next Tuesday.
Intersting case.
nk15 and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Iberia is a pretty poor operator, at least from a customer service perspective, at the best of times. I'd have no issue believing it's the one lying.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Shl
Thanks for your feedback - I appreciate it.
None of the above cases represents my situation though. I have a confirmed ticket with the OTA and LATAM but missing the coupons. Now the question is about who has deleted them. Strong evidence that IBERIA has done so. I did not call for cancelation. But Iberia says - "You can not fly that ticket but we have not touched it." LATAM same. OTA same. Ticket under airport control. Noone can touch it.

Flight next Tuesday.
Intersting case.
This is a true whodunit mystery, which of the three lying weasels canceled the tickets? It looks like that most likely IB requested it and LA did it, or IB did it..
Shl and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I think their plan is relatively clear, IB led the effort to disable the tickets, and no all three play dumb giving us the run around, and likely keep our money for a while, too.

This is going to set a new low regarding how flash sales are being handled....Gaslighting the customers and wasting everyone's time.

Last edited by nk15; Jun 20, 2022 at 9:26 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: Alaska
LATAM dumped the YQ, otherwise, should be valid fare. Wonder how the $1000 tickets on IB were handled.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by freed0m
LATAM dumped the YQ, otherwise, should be valid fare. Wonder how the $1000 tickets on IB were handled.
According to reports earlier in this thread, those IB stock tickets were also cancelled.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:26 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
OTA claims airline canceled the ticket, not the flight
Iberia, Refuses to answers questions or tells me to call LATAM because it's ticket number 045
LATAM says, the first segment is Iberia. Call them
seems like a game of go fish
nk15 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
According to reports earlier in this thread, those IB stock tickets were also cancelled.

i purchased mine directly with IB sub 1000, still with Status OK (reissued etickets right now to my email and it all seems fine). Any other way to check booking validity without calling the airline?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:29 pm

Get this from Priceline in Sunday, no refund yet

Check on Iberia.com my reservation still exists:

We have received notification from your airline that your reservation has been changed according to your request, or has been cancelled due to day-of-travel flight cancellation or traveler no-show.
Because these changes have been made directly with or by the airline, any questions regarding your itinerary should be directed to the airline; we will be unable to address any questions or requests regarding this reservation. Please call Iberia directly at 1-800-772-4642, and reference the following Airline Confirmation number:

Please note that future changes, including schedule change notifications from the airline, will no longer be sent to us, which means that our website will not reflect your most up-to-date itinerary. Please call your carrier prior to each departure to confirm your flight information.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by offvoice
i purchased mine directly with IB sub 1000, still with Status OK (reissued etickets right now to my email and it all seems fine). Any other way to check booking validity without calling the airline?
To add, I booked those circa 1k flights before (to GRU) directly with IB and they flew without issue… Curious as to why they would cancel that one (1k is a steal, but arguably not as much of a steal as the initial fare available in this thread). Any insights from people here that got their IB-booked, IB-operated flights, canceled ?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by odie11
Please excuse the ignorance here. I have been reading along since post one (and contributing where it seemed relevant). I am a bit confused though. I "had" tickets booked for February- I am in no hurry to do much about them, willing to ride it out and see what happens (ie pay the credit card bill when it comes due) but the earlier post on 7 days is confusing me. I booked the tickets with my Amex Platinum on PL on 6/15 and then received the follow up post that many got about me "voluntarily changing my tickets" on 6/19. Do I have to do something within 7 days to make sure I receive the full refund? Or can I, as I said, just wait it out for a while and see if these tickets get honored and if it looks like for sure it is a no go, then request a refund or a chargeback? I appreciate any flame-free advice I get!
Wait and see.

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
however there is a maximum amount of time you have to make a claim with Amex if you had to
Yes, you only have a certain timeframe AFTER you receive the purchased product.
So if you preorder a physical good, the deadline won't start until you receive it because otherwise you wouldn't be able to file a chargeback anymore for any product defects.
Same for flights (at least with Visa+MC), countdown for chargebacks does not start until the 1st flight was supposed to happen since the merchant / airline have not provided the cardholder with anything for their money yet.
Thats why flight bookings are considered high risk products for payment processors and the rolling reserve / fees are higher (for most psp)
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by offvoice
To add, I booked those circa 1k flights before (to GRU) directly with IB and they flew without issue… Curious as to why they would cancel that one (1k is a steal, but arguably not as much of a steal as the initial fare available in this thread). Any insights from people here that got their IB-booked, IB-operated flights, canceled ?
This is my case, but I was bitc*hed for repeating this when I considered it necessary
The direct "1K" flights (859 euros RT after applying IB Cards and Santander One discounts) cancelled without any official notification. The new thing is that I requested (online) an invoice and I just got it without any issue. My credit card had been just charged as well.

Last edited by Marcin83; Jun 21, 2022 at 1:22 am
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Marcin83
This is my case, but I was bitc*hed for repeating this when I considered it necessary
The direct "1K" flights (852 euros RT after applying IB Cards and Santander One discounts) cancelled without any official notification. The new thing is that I requested (online) an invoice and I just got it without any issue. My credit card had been just charged as well.
I paid slightly more than that, cc charged, etickets received, booking available and showing ok on IB website, so how did you find it was cancelled? Any thing I should be on the lookout for? Flight is still a couple of months out, but I’ll have (at some point) to start organizing the trip .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.