FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:58 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by FrankTalk
This is factually untrue unless they took the effort of reissuing at least one coupon. As long as they are only messing with the reservation itself and maybe revalidate the ticket (ie as long as all coupons show OPEN on the original OTA-issued ticket) the OTA retains control and any fix is thus their responsibility. Now if they reissued the ticket it's of course their provenance from that point on.

No, they don't. PL either have control over the ticket (all coupons open) and can refund themselves irrespective of the reservation status or they don't because some coupons were exchanged or refunded, in which case the plating carrier happily took it upon themselves to handle any further issues regarding said ticket. Of course the agent can go after the money but as soon as the airline breaks it they also buy it, even if wholly unused.

It's not about a valid ticket actually but about getting your confirmed reservation cancelled out because the airline disagrees with your purchasing practice. Sadly there is nothing there in EU261 to protect you from this.

This is correct in theory but only in theory. While I definitely not recommend it I flew on mangled tickets where 60% of the itinerary was missing without much fuss. "Will deal with it later when we get there" - "Good enough for me". Having said that the legs flown were confirmed in the reservation and matched the ticketed flights.

It also won't cover the case the airline deem your reservation [insert adjective] and cancel your confirmed seats. In that case the flight is not 1) delayed nor 2) cancelled and 3) you can't present for check in without a reservation, thus denied boarding doesn't apply to you. Unfortunate oversight.

Hi there - thank you very much for taking the time for this comprehensive information
My experience however is different
Flight next week. LATAM ticket, sold by Lastminute.com first segment Iberia

From my calls with all parties involved, it seems that:
- Iberia is the one party who has altered the ticket after they took it under airport control
- LATAM, as well as Lastminute.com, say they have no longer control
- Iberia says they have not done anything to the ticket but the segments have been deleted and I can not fly next Tuesday

So now what? I want to fly next week - have booked hotels and connections.