Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
We have received notification from your airline that your reservation has been changed according to your request, or has been cancelled due to day-of-travel flight cancellation or traveler no-show. Because these changes have been made directly with or by the airline, any questions regarding your itinerary should be directed to the airline; we will be unable to address any questions or requests regarding this reservation. Please call Iberia directly at 1-800-772-4642, and reference the following Airline Confirmation number: Iberia - XXXXXX
Please note that future changes, including schedule change notifications from the airline, will no longer be sent to us, which means that our website will not reflect your most up-to-date itinerary. Please call your carrier prior to each departure to confirm your flight information. If you believe this cancellation or change by the airline was made in error, please contact our Customer Care Team at 1-800-340-0575. Please be ready to enter your Trip Number xxxxxxxxxx when prompted. Sincerely,
The Priceline Customer Service Team P.S. -- Please do not reply to this e-mail - e-mails sent to this address will not reach an agent.
That's the same text (lies included) Priceline sent me with the AF F fare. I find it interesting that a travel agent wants to simply handball you to the airline when perhaps the key reason of using an agent is to do the legwork with the airline. Beyond that, we all know that if we bok with an agent but contact the airline directly, the airline will refer you back to the agent.
palmanfr, nk15 and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Interesting that PL start off their correspondence to you with a lie
It is not a lie as in not intentional. Airlines cancelling hold confirmed (HK) flights off a ticketed OTA reservation (removing a flight segment from the itinerary - hold cancelled, HX) almost always happen because the pax change the itinerary directly with them. They almost never cancel flights this way otherwise and really why would they. PL has to draw the line somewhere regarding emails (so they assume the above) and also regarding their agent training and them not recognizing what this is is not exactly the agent's fault - not that this helps us in any way. Still, they are not lying they are just clueless.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Interesting! I spoke with Priceline (took three calls where the first two were disconnected after being on with the rep for about 45 minutes). I'm on LAN 650 from SCL to LIM (the other transatlantic flights are on Iberia) in October. The departure schedule changed in the last few days from 10:30am to 9:15am - this is why the LAN flight is erroring out according to PL. Priceline is telling me that LAN will be adjusting the reservation to account for this schedule change. Is anyone else seeing a similar scenario where the LAN schedule is now different from what you purchased this past Wednesday?
Flying Machine and becks1 like this.

Last edited by jmmlaguna; Jun 19, 2022 at 5:45 pm Reason: Correction
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
Interesting! I spoke with Priceline (took three calls where the first two were disconnected after being on the the rep for about 45 minutes). I'm on LAN 650 from SCL to LIM (the other transatlantic flights are on Iberia) in October. The departure schedule changed in the last few days from 10:30am to 9:15am - this is why the LAN flight is erroring out according to PL. Priceline is telling me that LAN will be adjusting the reservation to account for this schedule change. Is anyone else seeing a similar scenario where the LAN schedule is now different from what you purchased this past Wednesday?
Not mine. I was booked MAD-EZE-SCL. The MAD-EZE is still intact (on Iberia) but my LATAM flight EZE-SCL was canceled in my itinerary.

The flight I booked is still available for booking (no change) directly through LATAM.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hopefully all will go well for them as it’s early in the process. OP let us know how things turn out, please.
When they say fly these quickly, they mean depart within a couple of days, three tops. Not in a week or two.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yes MyTrip= GoToGate,

Your experience mirrors mine. I had MyTrip ticket to Brazil in Feb 2021 with TAP which was cancelled by TAP due to Covid. I called TAP and the ticket was put on hold future (invol) rebooking. When I called TAP earlier this year to rebook the ticket, I got a nasty surprise when TAP informed me that MyTrip had requested the tickert to be refunded and TAP could not rebook because the ticket had been refunded. Needless to state that I had not requested this or been informed by MyTrip nor received any refund. Now I'm waiting for the refund from MyTrip but who knows if and when I will get the money back.
This sounds like fraud, they basically stole and kept your money, it needs a lawsuit. A class action one to take down the OTA.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azhang24
I tried that. I booked MAD-SCL-LIM-MAD. They claim the SCL-LIM was a "voluntary" cancellation processed by the airline. The Priceline rep offered to find me another flight, but warned that I would be subject to a reprice and a change fee lol. Interestingly, the 2 Iberia segments were intact.
I am wondering if they are efin with us, or if this is a shshow all around and nobody has a clue what's going or what they're doing.

I also got the same PL email, but my flights have complete disappeared from both LATAM and IB sites in one itinerary and are mutilated in the other two...
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by nk15; Jun 19, 2022 at 6:42 pm
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Got it, thanks.

As an aside, I’m going to be doing that in October. Any suggestions on airlines from BUE to SCL? Ever since LATAM doesn’t take Avios, I’m up for suggestions
KLM depending on the day you are traveling. I don’t think AC still does the tag flights from SCL I know they do from GRU. Also have SKY which is a LCC which I have flown before and it wasn’t so bad.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by davem4
Whilst I was waiting LATAM sent me an email with Upcommign trips.

They still show in Latam / manage booking ...
Interesting. I wonder if they are talking with IB deciding how to handle these tickets…
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:45 pm

I called booking.com/gtg. Was passed from agent to agent for a bit. Their story is that "there has been a schedule change by the airline" and "a front line customer support will contact me in 1-2 days". Asked me several times if I spoke to any airlines (I did not).

A bit strange - sounds like they know what's up but do not want to cancel just yet.

Wait times for cs very short, perhaps because booking.com gets priority.

Last edited by tr3k; Jun 19, 2022 at 7:07 pm
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stijnec
I'll stay (assuming the tickets will not be cancelled) for 48 hours in SCL. Never been to Chile before, should I expect difficult questions at immigration given the short time I will spend in the country?
Don't confuse them with the truth and convoluted/ unbelievable/ suspicious stories about $350 J fares, just tell them you are there to pick up a package for a friend, they are used to it....
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
I booked via Priceline for MAD-LIM (IB) LIM-SCL-LIM (LA) and LIM-MAD (IB).
IB website shows all LA marketed/operated legs are gone thus my trip is now MAD-LIM-MAD (IB).
LA website is the same "Contact Us" message everyone else is getting.

AY/RJ/QR/BA shows the same MAD-LIM-MAD (IB) routing as on IB website. AY also has a feature that allows you to email the eticket receipt to yourself and see below for mine.
So my eticket is still intact (status ok for all segments). What I suspect LA did so far was just deleting our bookings from their own flights. If no further action is taken on the ticket, IB will see that I have a confirmed (HK) reservation and a valid eticket so the IB agent at MAD will have very little to no reason to prevent me from traveling on the first leg. The issue arises with the LA operated/marketed segments which I highly doubt they will rebook us back on if they don't intend to honor the ticket. With the 2nd, 3rd segments skipped and unused, I do not encourage anyone to try to use the 4th segment because the ticket is now out of sequence which LA/IB will use as a reason to not honor the ticket.

I think LA is just taking their time to process the refund now. If you're traveling in the next few days and the refund has not been processed by the time you check in. You should be safe at least for the first leg operated by IB.

tropikey, Flyinghobby and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
The confusion is probably due to LATAM's pending announcement of the acquisition of the Air France/Lufthansa A380 fleet. LATAM will be using the A380s for all their international routes. In addition anyone booked via the Fiesta del Corpus Christi flash sale will automatically be upgraded from J to LATAM's new Súper Deluxe Primera Clase.
Rim1, Puzzles and Mosey1 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few A380s should be able to fit us all, problem solved....
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:25 pm

PL email received

Booked MAD-SCL(IB), SCL-LIM(LATAM), LIM-MAD(IB), seat selected for both IB legs, itinerary now disappeared on IB website. Looking for advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.