Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
I bought the $1K fare directly from Iberia and all 3 segments are still showing confirmed. Wait and see what happens.
Flying Machine and leftysauce like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
My LATAM segment is now canceled but the Iberia flights are still showing on Iberia's website. Looks like they got to me too.

If GoToGate tries to refund me anything but the full amount, I'll do a CC charge back. I'm not paying them any administrative fees if my flight is cancelled. If they want to get that fee; go after LATAM. Full stop.
The problem with that is that at least theoretically, the OTA is in the right here. The processing fees is what you agreed to when you made the booking, regardless of whether you OR the airline cancel the ticket. It's the one big reason I never book through OTA's with deals like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Smiley90
The problem with that is that at least theoretically, the OTA is in the right here. The processing fees is what you agreed to when you made the booking, regardless of whether you OR the airline cancel the ticket. It's the one big reason I never book through OTA's with deals like this.
This! Is a very good Public Service Announcement
Antarius and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: SK, LH
Iberia shows IB marketed flights and LATAM shows their flights..booked via mytrip.com
very soon they will disappear fully and then we will start talking about refunds
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
For the ones who booked on priceline and who are wondering about the refund process and associated costs in the event the travel provider is considering that they made a "mistake" in the pricing, the section IV, A, 1 or the terms and conditions indicates their policy. Not I am wondering what they call "promptly..."
"Priceline endeavors to publish and maintain accurate prices and information for its services. Travel Service Providers provide us with the price, availability and other information related to these services. In the event that a service is listed or provided to us at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or other error in pricing or service information received from a Travel Service Providers, we retain the right to refuse or cancel any Requests placed for such service, whether or not the order has been confirmed and/or your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your Request is canceled because of incorrect hotel, airline, or car provider information, we will promptly issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge."
Link here

Personally, I am a procedure guy, so I will do my best to get something out of this deal, especially if there is zero communication around all those tickets cancellations. Maybe I will succeed, maybe not. Companies need to be accountable for their actions, period. There is no reason why the airline industry can decide all of a sudden to cancel tickets with no notification just "because". Do you know any other industry where this happens ? If you are afraid to sell tickets without making enough money, just validate "manually" all tickets sold. I am sure those companies have a whole bunch of liability insurances to cover them when they make (any) mistake.
Keeping the vibe of toilet stories, today, I saw at my local supermarket that a pack of baby diapers costs 13.99 Euros each, but there is now a sale where you can get 5 packs for 25 Euros. What do you think will happen if I buy 5 packs and they suddenly decide to charge me 69,95 euros instead of 25? Or worse, take my 25 Euros, and then have a security guy stop me on the way to the parking lot and take the diapers back ? :-)
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by enoughtoo
Mine 075 tickets were booked directly on IB site, 1k price non stop both ways, still alive on IB.
I guess these are "safe" more or less?
Originally Posted by rushfan02
I bought the $1K fare directly from Iberia and all 3 segments are still showing confirmed. Wait and see what happens.
yea same. Booked through Amex and so far still alive on IB and Finnair
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by leftysauce
yea same. Booked through Amex and so far still alive on IB and Finnair
I am IB Platino and my MAD-SCL-MAD direct J flights for 1K are already cancelled. Spoke to Platino and they said they will report my case. Anyway, they are aware of what happened...
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Marcin83
I am IB Platino and my MAD-SCL-MAD direct J flights for 1K are already cancelled. Spoke to Platino and they said they will report my case. Anyway, they are aware of what happened...
This's the first DP of a 1K direct ticket (i.e. no LATAM involved whatsoever) being cancelled, right?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by ezak
This's the first DP of a 1K direct ticket (i.e. no LATAM involved whatsoever) being cancelled, right?
Well it's the same DP reposted 3-4 times in the thread at various points, but it's the only one yes.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold
have more people look into it - even better... And why would your whatever status matter in this case lol
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
OK, never mind, just wanted to help people with 075- tickets, but I see it´s useless given some replies. Not everyone reads all posts in this thread.

BTW, I am not the only one with 075- 1K ticket cancelled. FT is not the only source of info.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
OK, never mind, just wanter to help people with 075- tickets, but I see it´s useless given some replies. Not everyone reads all posts in this thread.

BTW, I am not the only one with 075- 1K ticket cancelled.
Courtesy goes a long way, sorry it’s not being applied at all times
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:00 pm

OK, never mind, just wanted to help people with 075- tickets, but I see it´s useless given some replies. Not everyone reads all posts in this thread.

BTW, I am not the only one with 075- 1K ticket cancelled. FT is not the only source of info.
You are not helping people by calling the airline.
About reading all posts: one, excellent, advice is repeated ad nauseam: NEVER CALL THE AIRLINE!
You may not be the only one with cancelled 1k bookings, but some are still alive, the best way to kill them is….call the airline.

Last edited by patvd; Jun 18, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by patvd
About reading all posts: one, excellent, advice is repeated ad nauseam: NEVER CALL THE AIRLINE!
You may not be the only one with cancelled 1k bookings, but some are still alive, the best way to kill them is….call the airline.
I love that certain FTers think that a phone call to the airline is going to alert them to a potential error fare. Shock horror - it isn't. Those staff members more than likely have no idea whatsoever how much your ticket cost, let alone what it should.

The sudden increase in bookings and activity on a specific routing is what will alert them. Their IT, Ticketing, and RevMan departments will be working on the issue and fully aware of it.

Whether they choose to honour the tickets or not, and when they opt to alert customers, is down to Management and won't come from a customer support.

It's telling FTers what to do, that puts so many people off the site - and it's why many post once or twice and never return.

M
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by patvd
I did it (today morning) when I perfectly knew that Iberia was aware of the "error" fare. And indeed, They know it since Thursday, obviously, It was not one or ten bookings, but hundreds. Do you think they´re stupid?
Calling on Thursday morning would have been crazy , but now? Come on ...
They are cancelling tickets one by one. There is a hope that 1K ones will be saved, the 0.3K ones I don´t think so.

Last edited by Marcin83; Jun 18, 2022 at 3:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.