Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:49 am

Anyone bought via bravofly?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:04 am

Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by tboons
Not this time, but bravo fly honoured the Philippine airlines lhr-hkg deal for 500 last year which was purely their OTA error. Their hands are tied if EK are cancelling everything.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Bluezz
Yes, I got that too. It's stated that processing and administrative fees are non-refundable though. I think it's around 40 usd for me 🤕🤕
For cheapoair.com they refunded the whole amount. Which is kinda weird because my credit card showed two transactions, one for $600+ from Emirates and $60+ cheapoair.com (guessing for the admin fees), it will be cheapoair processing the whole refund.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:29 pm

My refund from Priceline came back, lost $13 per ticket in forex.

C’est la vie
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter

C’est la vie
Drop your CC issuer a message and they’ll usually make you whole in these types of situations.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter

C’est la vie
Yeah if you use a non Forex charge you'll almost always lose out.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:36 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Fully refunded by Travel2be

all good
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Same here.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Same. Props to them - don’t think I’ve had any cancelled EF handled this well. Let alone by an OTA
Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
It may be an unpopular view, but I think any airline that doesn't offer token compensation (e.g. $50 EMD towards future travel) should not be said to have handled the situation professionally. Even BA/ MH throw in token compensation as a way of mitigating customers' disappointment, to apologise for inconvenience, or to cover forex losses if you want to see it in a different light.
raporot, Justin Case and IstKong like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Unionruler
It may be an unpopular view, but I think any airline that doesn't offer token compensation (e.g. $50 EMD towards future travel) should not be said to have handled the situation professionally. Even BA/ MH throw in token compensation as a way of mitigating customers' disappointment, to apologise for inconvenience, or to cover forex losses if you want to see it in a different light.

You're absolutely right.

These unhonored fares are 100% the airline fault and responsibility. We knew that this was a mistake fare, but think about the people who thought that this was a promotional fare, and bought non-refundable ticket to go to PEN, hotel night there, etc... They have loose money entirely due to a mistake from the airline.

It's not acceptable that the customer is taking all the risks instead of the airline. Forex difference, 2 weeks with their money in the hands of the airline, forms to fill, etc... And all of this because the airline wrote wrong fare rules... The minimum would be a compensation voucher, or even a free ticket like MH did during the previous error fare with Emirates.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Unionruler
Even BA/ MH throw in token compensation as a way of mitigating customers' disappointment, to apologise for inconvenience, or to cover forex losses if you want to see it in a different light.
When BA had the F fare to Guayaquil they cancelled it without compensation (or offered to transport you in economy at the same price, which was more expensive than a Y ticket on the same routing). I lost $12 in the exchange rate fluctuation even though my card has a 0% FTF.

In these situations it's a cost of doing business. Each country/jurisdiction has its own rules, but in the US the DOT says the airline is on the hook - although wouldn't apply in this case - for nonrefundable travel arrangements in these situations.

While I can't prove every case, I'd be fairly certain every single person who booked this knew what they were doing.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: TK *G
Got my refund rather quickly from Travel2Be.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
For cheapoair.com they refunded the whole amount. Which is kinda weird because my credit card showed two transactions, one for $600+ from Emirates and $60+ cheapoair.com (guessing for the admin fees), it will be cheapoair processing the whole refund.
Got my $60+ from cheapoair, still waiting for the $600+ back from Emirates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.