Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Travel 2 be - EK page shows error, CMT does not show anything and OTA says it is confirmed.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Instructions given by Emirates : If booked on EK website, for refund, go to the refund form.

For comments : PENANG TO AVAIL A FULL REFUND

Refund within 5 business days, maybe more due to the enormous amount of coronavirus linked refunds.

Obviously, don't do anything if your booking is still confirmed and you have not been called/contacted by Emirates.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
For those booking with Travel2be, I hope the refund process will go smoothly. In the past I had some issues with bookings from them, refund took ages and I had to dispute the transaction (chargeback) to get money in the end. Almost impossible to reach them via phone and e-mails were never answered.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by IstKong
Just received a call from Emirates : they say my ticket is not valid (booked direct) and I have to submit a refund form.

No compensation offered whatsoever.

Reservation disappeared from the app.
You will be refunded for the fare you paid. Compensation? Not a chance.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:30 am

Same here. Ticket cancelled. Emirates now asks me fill out forms to get my money back. Sorry, I will not jump to any hoops and loops.
Therefore I asked Emirates to refund the money to the credit card used for payment within 15 days. Otherwise I will just do a chargeback via my credit card.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:45 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I was told by Emirates now that the booking is canceled but was informed that I need to reach out to the OTA for the refund.

Cheapoair.com informed me that :

As per the airline changes or refund is not available.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I was told by Emirates now that the booking is canceled but was informed that I need to reach out to the OTA for the refund.

Cheapoair.com informed me that :
Ask your credit card provider for charge back.
percysmith and FlyPointyEnd like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I guess my 2 bookings are in process for cancellation: "Sorry, we have a technical problem at the moment. Please get in touch with us (opens a new window) for help. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Was nice while it lasted. Awaiting the next "promotional fare."
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k AC 50k BA gold
WE need "deals" to go to EU or USA {DOT} so the airline has to honor the tickets.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by tshirt
WE need "deals" to go to EU or USA {DOT} so the airline has to honor the tickets.
There is no have to honor.... AZ cancelled hundreds maybe thousands a couple years ago. DOT has ruled airlines cancel as done by CX a couple years ago.
It is just up to the airline if they want to or not- permission/authority is there.

When they come up - you grab and hope they hold. Make plans around you can cancel without penalty.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:39 am

Has anybody been contacted by T2B OTA?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Has anybody been contacted by T2B OTA?
These sort of shady staff lite OTAs tend not to contact customers lol. Up to the customer to discover if the ticket has been voided.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:26 pm
formerly Guanran Wang
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by zebranz
There is no have to honor.... AZ cancelled hundreds maybe thousands a couple years ago. DOT has ruled airlines cancel as done by CX a couple years ago.
It is just up to the airline if they want to or not- permission/authority is there.

When they come up - you grab and hope they hold. Make plans around you can cancel without penalty.
I would argue that the above cases the airline was able to prove that it is a system error. In this case, it is not. It's pure corporate negligence copy and pasting fare rules.
flylikelinz and megaloman like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Travel 2 be - EK page shows error, CMT does not show anything and OTA says it is confirmed.
have u received any update from OTA? I booked through expedia and EK gives me just error message. Not a word from expedia
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by sluneckov
have u received any update from OTA? I booked through expedia and EK gives me just error message. Not a word from expedia
same story

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.