Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
For those book with OTA, EK can cancel the reservation from their side, but refund has to be initiated by original ticketing agency, EK should have already issued waiver code to them.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by Dominicus
I would argue that the above cases the airline was able to prove that it is a system error. In this case, it is not. It's pure corporate negligence copy and pasting fare rules.
You can argue until you turn blue but EC and DOT have previously allowed human error to be a reason. Just look at all the threads where tickets have been canceled.
Unionruler likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Has Emirates released any official statement on the matter? I pressed the EK agent on the chat yesterday he refused to disclose any reason telling me to speak to the OTA. Cheapoair only sees the ticket being under airline control so they still need to check.

I was able to speak with a different agent today this was the reason I was given:

Daria : I've checked that the ticket has been issued under incorrect published fares, that's why the reservation was canceled

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; Feb 11, 2020 at 6:15 pm
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Has Emirates released any official statement on the matter? I pressed the EK agent on the chat yesterday he refused to disclose any reason telling me to speak to the OTA. Cheapoair only sees the ticket being under airline control so they still need to check.

I was able to speak with a different agent today this was the reason I was given:
No official statement.

I called Skiddoo, the OTA I booked through, and they saw the ticket status as 'suspended'.

They had to speak to EK directly and called me back, advising the options were:
  • Direct routing of PEN-SIN-PEN
  • Full refund
Naturally, I've gone with the full refund in this situation since the generous offer of a direct routing is exceptionally poor value.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Booked with Expedia.de and paid by AMEX.

Cancelled by EK and got email from Expedia.

The transaction was still pending until today, it's been charged and posted on my online statement!

Flugstrecke:Von: PENANG INTERNATION Nach: SINGAPORE CHANGI AFluglinie: EK Klasse: K Nach: DUBAI Fluglinie: EK Klasse: A Nach: PENANG INTERNATIONFluglinie: EK Klasse: A Flugschein Nr: 176XXXXXXXXXX Fluggast: XXXX/XXX
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: KF, AM
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Has anybody been contacted by T2B OTA?
nope. still waiting...
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by pokeflute
nope. still waiting...
I want my money back
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by db07mufan
I want my money back
And you will. In due course.

That's the name of the game when booking EF's so when a fare goes down the toilet be prepared to wait a considerable amount of time for your refund. Otherwise don't get in the sandbox to play.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
EK also charged me for the fare. Immediate chargeback with AMEX.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:08 pm
formerly Guanran Wang
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
One of my friend's ticket is marked as "open" again on checkmytrip. Booked with T2B
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:20 pm

Received the following from priceline
———

We have received notification from your airline that your reservation has been changed according to your request, or has been cancelled due to day-of-travel flight cancellation or traveler no-show.

Because these changes have been made directly with or by the airline, any questions regarding your itinerary should be directed to the airline; we will be unable to address any questions or requests regarding this reservation. Please call Emirates Airlines directly at 1-800-777-3999, and reference the following Airline Confirmation number:

Emirates Airlines-xxxxx

Please note that future changes, including schedule change notifications from the airline, will no longer be sent to us, which means that our website will not reflect your most up-to-date itinerary. Please call your carrier prior to each departure to confirm your flight information.

If you believe this cancellation or change by the airline was made in error, please contact our Customer Care Team at 1-800-774-2354. Please be ready to enter your Trip Number 21019391430 when prompted.

Thank you for using priceline.co
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:48 pm
formerly Guanran Wang
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
If that's the case EK took over the ticket and dealt with it themselves. This is against convention and rather drastic on their part.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dominicus
If that's the case EK took over the ticket and dealt with it themselves. This is against convention and rather drastic on their part.
seems no choice apart from calling.

I am not located in PEN otherwise I show up in airport and play dumb.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
EK also charged me for the fare. Immediate chargeback with AMEX.

I was also charged on monday, refund request submitted tuesday with the relevant comment. I keep you updated when I receive the full refund and the miles (partial payment).

Note that they said that refund can take a while because of the coronavirus (lot of refund request to handle).
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:33 am

Booked via bravofly.

No email so far. On bravofly it is showed as confirm but booking is not accessible from Emirates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.