Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Has anyone who bought from Travel2Be got anything from them yet? I haven't
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
After 2 emails to mytrip.com and no reply, I called them this morning (UK number). They confirmed with EK that the ticket had indeed been canceled. It’s now being escalated internally and a refund should be issued in 24-48 hrs.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Just had Emirates customer support over the phone, they said that refunds will take... up to 3 weeks !

Crazy !

You guys booked via OTA'as will maybe be refunded quicker than those booked via EK website...
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by db07mufan
Has anyone who bought from Travel2Be got anything from them yet? I haven't
Post 280.... previous page
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Originally Posted by IstKong
Just had Emirates customer support over the phone, they said that refunds will take... up to 3 weeks !

Crazy !

You guys booked via OTA'as will maybe be refunded quicker than those booked via EK website...
Is that suprising? I've had cases where it took a few months, even with "regular" cancellations. That's just the game I guess..
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by IstKong

Crazy !

8 weeks according to expedia
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
2 of 2 gone. I give it 7-10 calendar days and if no refund advise AMEX to dispute.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: QF Plat, SQ*G, HH Diamond, ALL Plat, IHG Plat
I've been chasing Expedia for my refund. They say they've had a hard time getting a hold of Emirates. First time I was promised a callback within 72 hours - nothing eventuated after 4 days so I called them again. Have been asked to wait another 5 days.

If nothing by that time I'll call my bank to dispute.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Datapoint for those who were wondering.

- Booked in the first few hours it was posted, directly on Emirates
- Emirates called me roughly 48 hours after my ticket was issued
- Didn't bother arguing. Just told them process a refund, which the agent did on my behalf
- Received refund request acknowledgement immediately
- Received refund confirmation roughly 72 hours after the call
- Refund posted to my card roughly 96 hours after the confirmation

$1.20 forex loss. Just write it down under cost of playing this game. While not the outcome we wanted, I think Emirates handled it quite professionally. OTAs OTOH, I'm not surprised.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Ironically, the people who bought from the shadiest OTA-- Travel2be, having been informed many days later or even not yet, will have the most standing before a small claims court/ tribunal because of lack of reasonably timely notice, combined with the provable EK knowledge of mistake a day later.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:01 pm

Bravofly has not contacted me either...
Old Feb 19, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Just got a call and email from Cheapoair.com that they have processed the refund and I should wait for 1-2 billing cycles for it to appear on my statement.

I did chat with one of their agents yesterday following up about the cancellation. He actually told me to call back next week.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Received email from Travel2Be that my refund is processed. And will take up to 7 days to reflect

They replied quicker than I expected.
747jetter likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by lsed
Received email from Travel2Be that my refund is processed. And will take up to 7 days to reflect

They replied quicker than I expected.
Yes, I got that too. It's stated that processing and administrative fees are non-refundable though. I think it's around 40 usd for me 🤕🤕
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: KF, AM
Originally Posted by Bluezz
Yes, I got that too. It's stated that processing and administrative fees are non-refundable though. I think it's around 40 usd for me 🤕🤕
Same here. got refund email from Travel2be done. Anyone had experience fighting them for the processing fees? Am not really willing to pay this since ticket was not voluntarily canceled on our end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.