FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/2008209-prem-fare-gone-ek-first-pen-dxb-via-sin-600usd-caveat.html)

Dominicus Feb 9, 2020 4:04 am

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

1600GMT 9 FEB FARE IS DEAD

EK First PEN-DXB in First (books into A-class, up to 350% AS miles)
Caveat: must return within 24 hours.
Can be found on OTA and GF (some report it works on EK mobile site)

This is essentially a PEN-SIN RT F ticket with a transit constructed in DXB
Example: (no longer available, but other dates works) https://www.skyscanner.com/transport...senabled=false

Tip: This fare basis is a SIN-PEN-SIN fare with the return with a transfer in DXB (because the DXB-PEN flight is coded on one flight coupon. Hence the routing on return became SIN-DXB-PEN (SIN tech-stop ignored), this works on either outbound or inbound
Hence, To get the 600USD fare book in YFFF or FFFY (Coach books into K Class, can use Matrix to construct)
And, To get the 900USD fare book in FFFF

The real pro will price a double DXB transfer like this (price 1100USD):
PEK-SIN(techstop)-DXB (first coupon) DXB-SIN (second coupon) Outbound
SIN-DXB (third coupon) DXB-SIN(techstop)-PEN (fourth coupon) Inbound
The second/third coupon can be routed on 380. Those that require techstop in SIN can only be on the 777 flight EK348/349

Refund/Cancellation:
Refund is 500MYR=120 USD

Mileage Earning:
Your ticket will credit with three flight coupons: PEN-SIN (wether in Y or F), SIN-DXB, and DXB-PEN as a single coupon (that is how this fare is able to work within fare construction rules) The most rewarding being Alaska, but this can also be great for picking up some hard to earn JAL Mileage Bank miles.

Take Note:
1. [QUOTE=Travel-Quinten;32050521] Others have pointed out you may not be able to check your bags and would need to do mobile/online check-in for your second leg to DXB
2. You may HAVE TO finish your trip in PEN as the return leg has only a tech stop in SIN (that's how this fare is able to work duh) so you may not be allowed off the plane to make a run for it.

First seen on Chinese bloggers.

Dominicus Feb 9, 2020 4:09 am

I have booked the fare using OTA Fly2Be. Ticket confirmed, able to select a seat and add FFP on EK site.
Great way to top up some mileage and enjoy EK F

Jaimito Cartero Feb 9, 2020 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Dominicus (Post 32050398)
I have booked the fare using OTA Fly2Be. Ticket confirmed, able to select a seat and add FFP on EK site.
Great way to top up some mileage and enjoy EK F

Interesting fare. I’ve never seen a ticket with a required return within 24 hours.

747jetter Feb 9, 2020 4:16 am

Looks like March is not possible, what a pity. I am in SIN. September works for me too well.

747jetter Feb 9, 2020 4:20 am

Penang to Singapore shows me only economy seating available, however SIN-DXB F on A380 and DXB-PEN is 773 (probably with stop in SIN), showing F too..

db07mufan Feb 9, 2020 4:22 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter (Post 32050411)
Looks like March is not possible, what a pity. I am in SIN. September works for me too well.

Because the Penang Singapore route starts in April.

Let's see if they stick this time around

747jetter Feb 9, 2020 4:23 am

Hmm trying to book for September and gotogate shows the price of 1k EUR at the end.

Travel-Quinten Feb 9, 2020 4:35 am

Ticketed for June: 1st leg in Y (K class), 1 leg in A380 F and the return DXB-SIN-PEN in 773. There might be no time to exit the plane in SIN (seat selection says DXB-PEN).

747jetter Feb 9, 2020 4:40 am

At the end booked it for 800€ in F all legs, one A380. Fits to my schedule so did not bother trying to find cheaper..Thank you OP, this will be another lifetime experience :)

sudoer Feb 9, 2020 4:42 am

Booked through Expedia without any price bump at the end (I had the same thing with Gotogate)

Y for PEN-SIN then F for "SIN-xDXB-PEN" with 388 first leg and 773 second leg.

Reference works on EK website and CheckMyTrip shows etickets have been issued.

Thanks OP!

Dominicus Feb 9, 2020 4:53 am

Tip: This fare basis is a SIN-PEN-SIN fare with the return with a transfer in DXB (because the DXB-PEN flight is coded on one coupon hence the routing on return became SIN-DXB-PEN (SIN techstop ignored)

To get the 600USD fare book in YFFF
To get the 900USD fare book in FFFF
Class P is not possible (my bad) only class A
Refund is 500MYR=120 USD

RY7 Feb 9, 2020 4:53 am

Originally Posted by sbor90 (Post 32050471)
Booked through Expedia without any price bump at the end (I had the same thing with Gotogate)

Y for PEN-SIN then F for "SIN-xDXB-PEN" with 388 first leg and 773 second leg.

Reference works on EK website and CheckMyTrip shows etickets have been issued.

Thanks OP!

Got the confirmation mail, that my ticket was ticketed, but can't add in CheckMyTrip or find on EK website.
Also booked on Expedia. F on all flights

Travel-Quinten Feb 9, 2020 4:57 am

My thoughts:

It seems the fare is technically a return PEN-SIN (on the way in with a connection in DXB). In our case, the time between arriving in SIN (from PEN) and leaving SIN (to DXB) is 1 hour and includes a plane change. It's technically when we start our return flight already. Therefore, my understanding is that one should therefore check in online for the SIN-DXB-PEN flight before leaving PEN already to avoid being treated as a no-show. As well, I wonder if you could check in luggage in PEN for that reason. You cannot always check in luggage for your outbound and inbound flight as the same point. Any thoughts?

Dominicus Feb 9, 2020 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten (Post 32050521)
My thoughts:

It seems the fare is technically a return PEN-SIN (on the way in with a connection in DXB). In our case, the time between arriving in SIN (from PEN) and leaving SIN (to DXB) is 1 hour and includes a plane change. It's technically when we start our return flight already. Therefore, my understanding is that one should therefore check in online for the SIN-DXB-PEN flight before leaving PEN already to avoid being treated as a no-show. As well, I wonder if you could check in luggage in PEN for that reason. You normally can't check in luggage for your outbound and inbound flight as the same point. Any thoughts?

It's a one day trip :D I go with #teamcarryon (I have added your suggestions in the first post)

sudoer Feb 9, 2020 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten (Post 32050521)
My thoughts:

It seems the fare is technically a return PEN-SIN (on the way in with a connection in DXB). In our case, the time between arriving in SIN (from PEN) and leaving SIN (to DXB) is 1 hour and includes a plane change. It's technically when we start our return flight already. Therefore, my understanding is that one should therefore check in online for the SIN-DXB-PEN flight before leaving PEN already to avoid being treated as a no-show. As well, I wonder if you could check in luggage in PEN for that reason. You cannot always check in luggage for your outbound and inbound flight as the same point. Any thoughts?

You can also add a stop in SIN on the outbound to get around this.