Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter
Received the following from priceline
———

We have received notification from your airline that your reservation has been changed according to your request, or has been cancelled due to day-of-travel flight cancellation or traveler no-show.

Because these changes have been made directly with or by the airline, any questions regarding your itinerary should be directed to the airline; we will be unable to address any questions or requests regarding this reservation. Please call Emirates Airlines directly at 1-800-777-3999, and reference the following Airline Confirmation number:

Emirates Airlines-xxxxx

Please note that future changes, including schedule change notifications from the airline, will no longer be sent to us, which means that our website will not reflect your most up-to-date itinerary. Please call your carrier prior to each departure to confirm your flight information.

If you believe this cancellation or change by the airline was made in error, please contact our Customer Care Team at 1-800-774-2354. Please be ready to enter your Trip Number 21019391430 when prompted.

Thank you for using priceline.co
I got the same email from Priceline. And an email the same day from EK stating the opposite:

Dear (braffy),

Thanks for contacting Emirates.
I'm sorry that our system cancelled your booking due to incorrect fares. We came to know about this issue the same day you issued your ticket.
We can't reinstate your booking though.

Please get in touch with your travel agent to discuss your options.
Regards,
(agent)
Emirates Dubai
Not gonna play this game any longer. Time to contact my credit card company, file a dispute, and let them deal with EK directly.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Just got an email from travel2be: "We were able to make you the best alternative for the same dates but in Tourist Class as follows: [...] As you have already payed 564,54€ if you accept this alternative you must pay only the different fare: 11€."
Refund it is then and on to the next one.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by nilsrtw
Just got an email from travel2be: "We were able to make you the best alternative for the same dates but in Tourist Class as follows: [...] As you have already payed 564,54€ if you accept this alternative you must pay only the different fare: 11€."
Refund it is then and on to the next one.
Did you email them or did they contact you first?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:56 pm

Just called Emirates with a Priceline booked ticket and they said I should talk to Priceline for refund.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:17 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Haven't got anything from Travel2Be yet
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Dear Customer,

We contact you after receiving formal communication from Emirates, the airline company
who operates your flight.

Emirates wish to apologize for his error in loading an incorrect fare, and because of that
your ticket at the price that was purchased is not valid for travel.

We were able to make you the best alternative for the same dates but in Tourist Class as
follows:
Outbound direct flight:

06SEP EK349 L PENDXB 2220 0455+1

Return:

08SEP EK348 L DXBPEN 0230 1715

We offer direct flight at the same amount paid.

Important: This new fare is valid only within 24hs.
In case you don’t accept it, Emirates agreed to fully refund your ticket.
Please, respond this email to your decision:

 Option A: New Itinerary
 Option B: Full refund

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this unexpected situation out of our control.
Regards,

Guess it is some time for coach travel???? :P
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Originally Posted by Duhh
Did you email them or did they contact you first?
They contacted me
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:20 am

I ordered via eDreams. Today, Emirates charged the money. It is confirmed on eDreams website. In the Emirates app on the phone the reservation can be found and typed confirmed, but I can't make changes to the seats (technical problem). However, I chose the seats from the beginning. Emirates website has a technical problem after logging in to reservation. However, ExpertFlyer shows that the seats are free. Originally the plane was full and now the first class is completely empty.

At the moment I do not lack the money, but the question is how long to wait and if it makes sense?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by TodAM
I ordered via eDreams. Today, Emirates charged the money. It is confirmed on eDreams website. In the Emirates app on the phone the reservation can be found and typed confirmed, but I can't make changes to the seats (technical problem). However, I chose the seats from the beginning. Emirates website has a technical problem after logging in to reservation. However, ExpertFlyer shows that the seats are free. Originally the plane was full and now the first class is completely empty.

At the moment I do not lack the money, but the question is how long to wait and if it makes sense?
That fits with the pattern that I've seen that Emirates unilaterally cancelled the bookings yet 'suspended' the tickets, which still allows the payments to go through. At some point Emirates may contact E-Dreams to let them know, or perhaps not. But unfortunately it means the next step for you is going through the hassle of getting a refund. Emirates will pass the buck to your travel agency, and vice versa. I just filed a dispute with my credit card.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Travel2Be ticket gone...1 left with Expedia.....
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: TK *G
This is what Emirates replied:

Hi Duhh,

Thanks for your message.

Due to human error, a number of Emirates tickets for flights from Penang (PEN) to Singapore (SIN) were erroneously routed via Dubai. The mistake was brought to our attention on 9 February 2020 and the issue has since been rectified in our booking system.

Any ticket issued in error for this route will be automatically cancelled. Emirates will be contacting all affected passengers who purchased tickets online through Emirates’ website to assist in providing full refunds.

Passengers who booked through travel agents or online booking platforms will be contacted directly by their travel agency or online booking agent from whom they purchased the tickets and refunds will be processed by them accordingly.

Alternatively, customers will be offered the choice to re-book their ticket in the same class of travel as was originally purchased, with the correct itinerary of PEN-SIN-PEN. This includes tickets purchased in First Class where customers may still be able to enjoy our most premium travel experience from Penang to Singapore.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused its customers. Emirates fares are competitively priced and we remain committed to providing our customers with excellent service and a strong value-for-money proposition.

Let us know should you have more questions.

Regards,
—, Emirates Social Media Team
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Ooooh. The "human error" line. Someone's been reading rulings from authorities.
Duhh likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Duhh
This is what Emirates replied:

Hi Duhh,

Thanks for your message.

Due to human error, a number of Emirates tickets for flights from Penang (PEN) to Singapore (SIN) were erroneously routed via Dubai. The mistake was brought to our attention on 9 February 2020 and the issue has since been rectified in our booking system.

Any ticket issued in error for this route will be automatically cancelled. Emirates will be contacting all affected passengers who purchased tickets online through Emirates’ website to assist in providing full refunds.

Passengers who booked through travel agents or online booking platforms will be contacted directly by their travel agency or online booking agent from whom they purchased the tickets and refunds will be processed by them accordingly.

Alternatively, customers will be offered the choice to re-book their ticket in the same class of travel as was originally purchased, with the correct itinerary of PEN-SIN-PEN. This includes tickets purchased in First Class where customers may still be able to enjoy our most premium travel experience from Penang to Singapore.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused its customers. Emirates fares are competitively priced and we remain committed to providing our customers with excellent service and a strong value-for-money proposition.

Let us know should you have more questions.

Regards,
—, Emirates Social Media Team
Most people bought PEN-DXB-PEN tickets... it just happened that PEN-SIN-PEN via DXB was the cheapest option, so most booking engines used it to price the trip. AFAIK only after the booking was ticketed it shown the trip as PEN-SIN // SIN-DXB-PEN...
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:44 pm

But as a customer, when I search online, and my tickets showed

It is dxb as the destination? Thus, from a customer point of view, Emirates argument would not hold?

I keyed in Pen-dxb, dxb-pen. My tickets showed the same way too
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Refund request submitted last tuesday, no sign of any refund yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.