Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
dont hold your breath
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by FaCeOff
No chance here... safe your time for your next try and check the fare rules if end-on-end combinations are allowed.
Stupid thing is, I know that and somehow completely forgot to look before posting! Only made a cursory investigation into it, as I would not have been free to travel then in any case, so did not devote too much time and energy (thank goodness).
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:40 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by AA764
Don't want to fill up your inbox WWE.

The ultimate routing has been achieved. $288 AI C1-C2-C1 with an added bonus segment to be used later. Complete elimination of YQ, and that thick tax. All on the airline network for earth!
Hi! Could you (or anyone) please PM me what C1 and C2 mean? I understand just enough of this thread to know that there is quite a bit more that I don't understand.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K
Google is your friend.

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
Hi! Could you (or anyone) please PM me what C1 and C2 mean? I understand just enough of this thread to know that there is quite a bit more that I don't understand.
See WWE's post #5348.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
So are you going to follow your own advice?
I was suggesting this format for someone who was doing an initial posting of a deal. I was not initiating a posting of a particular fare. That fare has been around for awhile. I was just responding to the questions about attainable levels someone else had posted and PMed.

But anyway, here is the input conforming to my proposed format.

xxxxxxxxx
So if you held your breath as suggested up above, then now is the time to exhale.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 9, 2011 at 12:01 pm
Old Aug 4, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I am at $ 186.50 now with two added benefits properly structured. No YQ and lots of tax-evasion. A 1X structure was possible to price but not actually book. Thus this is a + $ 45.00 modification of my posting #12602.
I am all the way to final credit card input page and all has been confirmed.
#12602 involved awards tickets. Am I reading this correctly that the +$45 eliminates the need for award tickets?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by janetdoe
#12602 involved awards tickets. Am I reading this correctly that the +$45 eliminates the need for award tickets?
Nope, just that the revenue ticket ( while fully bookable ) was unusable in it original form and had to be restructured resulting in a price increase of $ 45.00. "but not actually book" should have read:
"but not actually use"

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 4, 2011 at 2:38 pm
Old Aug 4, 2011, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by jugglesfire
I tried dropping the 50% fat off those C2-C3 fairs as well to no avail... Ended up booking HEL-NRT with the standard discount fair anyways... 6 cpm isn't the best but not the worst from HEL either. If people are feeling generous today though, any tips on FDing other sauerkraut fairs?
This works with an OJ! Can dump 50% on C2-SIN-C2.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
I am at $ 186.50 now with two added benefits properly structured. No YQ and lots of tax-evasion. A 1X structure was possible to price but not actually book. Thus this is a + $ 45.00 modification of my posting #12602.
I am all the way to final credit card input page and all has been confirmed.
OMG, another sleepless night for me trying to figure this out?!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA,UA,DL
Slowly but Surely

I've only trimmed this down to $492 so far. Loonnngggg way to go!

I was suggesting this format for someone who was doing an initial posting of a deal. I was not initiating a posting of a particular fare. That fare has been around for awhile. I was just responding to the questions about attainable levels someone else had posted and PMed.

But anyway, here is the input conforming to my proposed format.

C1-C2
Base Fare $ 38.00
September 6 - December 19
YQ:$ 362.00 => $ 0
"two added benefits" ( Coded Hint as to Xs )

So if you held your breath as suggested up above, then now is the time to exhale.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:20 pm

did matrix search (not matrix1) just become ridiculously slow yesterday?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: M&M Sen
Arrow Maple syrup diet

Observing a lot of fat relative to muscle hopping from C1 northeast to C2 with a dash of maple syrup. Haven't been able to convince the Canuck to digest any of my 3X diet pills. Anyone had any luck with the Canuck lately?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dracjimm
Observing a lot of fat relative to muscle hopping from C1 northeast to C2 with a dash of maple syrup. Haven't been able to convince the Canuck to digest any of my 3X diet pills. Anyone had any luck with the Canuck lately?
.........../. That answer was Leading and yet Misleading and at the same time: Misleading, yet Leading, YOU decide :-)

My ex-Wife tells me that I am not smart enough to really know how smart I really am. Then I told her that was exactly WHY I married her. THAT DID NOT GO OVER TOO WELL. HELP ME ! ! WHY did THAT happen ? - Women HUH ! ! !

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 9, 2011 at 12:01 pm
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Depth-charge the YQ

OK, got one on UA.CO for next spring...which is when I need to keep stacking them. Finding sub 300 a.i., or 340 a.i. inc FCO.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
My ex-Wife tells me that I am not smart enough to really know how smart I really am. Then I told her that was exactly WHY I married her. THAT DID NOT WORK. HELP ME ! ! WHY did THAT happen ? - Women HUH ! ! !
hahaha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.