Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by braffy
Very impressive WWE, I think you may have set a new standard that even you might not be able to break! How you come up with these things I'll never comprehend...
I just figured out that for:

$ 141.20 plus 20.000 award miles You can have:
1 Round Trip trip to Europe
1. One-Way ticket USA mainland to Hawaii/Mexico or Caribbean.

$ 141.20 plus 40.000 award miles You can have:
2 Round Trip trips to Europe
2. One-Way ticket USA mainland to Hawaii/Mexico or Caribbean.

Not for the faint of heart though.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AE*E, Hyatt Diamond, AAdv, BA Exec
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Total Outlay:

Cash: $ 475.00
Award 40.000 miles + airport tax

Total Gain:

2 Round Trip tickets mainland USA to Europe.
2 One-way tickets mainland USA to Hawaii/Mexico/Caribbean

Are you sure this is 40.000 miles and not 50.000 for the 2 roundtrips? I thought my Body Mass Index was right?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by toflyer
Are you sure this is 40.000 miles and not 50.000 for the 2 roundtrips? I thought my Body Mass Index was right?
Yes I am. and i made a mistake : It is 3 Three USA to Europe Round trips not 2. However, only 2 are mileage earning. There is a mix of alliances going on here. 4 separate tickets syncronized.

I would not even know how to verbally describe it. It gets so complicated that I need my diagram.

Travel plans must be very certain as one miss will unravel the rest.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 2, 2011 at 9:57 am
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: United 1k
$38 one way fares LON-NYC on American

Edit: Sorry, its MAN/LON-BOS thats $38. Lowest I am seeing LON-NYC is around twice that

If you can find a way to dump the fuel $300+ in fuel and the british taxes, this is a great base fare
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by theoflyalot
Edit: Sorry, its MAN/LON-BOS thats $38. Lowest I am seeing LON-NYC is around twice that

If you can find a way to dump the fuel $300+ in fuel and the british taxes, this is a great base fare
It sure is indeed.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:36 am

seeing NYC-LON for about $60 one way. But then again, recent development with the patriot has made my 3x's or at least quite a few that use to work, of barely any use, let alone the taxes that come along with fuel.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:41 am

also from some other spots... with some more sun

and pretty easy to get it goin nice.. I hadn`t seen these since a week ago when the base was +20 each way.. definitely a nice fare break though

(uh, oh.. I`ve said to much... )

and there are other c2 cities at that base as well...
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jteezy
also from some other spots... with some more sun

and pretty easy to get it goin nice.. I hadn`t seen these since a week ago when the base was +20 each way.. definitely a nice fare break though

(uh, oh.. I`ve said to much... )

and there are other c2 cities at that base as well...
You MAY be on the right track but the constrcution of ticket number 1 is totally unconventional, I mean totally. I have never seen it done before by anyone or myself for that matter. I just gave it a "Hell Mary" on ITA and it worked, upon which I even tested it on the carrier's own site and it prices. No other airline seems to allow this crazy combo. Glitch or coding error - not sure.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 2, 2011 at 5:05 pm
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: M&M,M&B

Nice find, indeed.
Are there any known Drops with more than 50% YQ for AA?

Btw the only one I find is ex C1 but not C2

Last edited by FaCeOff; Aug 2, 2011 at 10:45 am
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT
2 c1-c2 weekend RTs for $643 on ITA

Inspired by WWE, I combined 2 c1-c2 RTs (same cities for both RTs, both Fri-Sun, $58 OW base fares) with a little russian 3x for an AI price of $643 on ITA, but haven't been able to get it to book on any of the booking sites. I'm going to keep trying, but if anyone has suggestions, I would welcome them.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL, AS, Good food in distant places
Originally Posted by FaCeOff
Are there any known Drops with more than 50% YQ for AA?
Yes. Multiple continents.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Need inverse of the usual... low ST base for spring

Any low ST base for spring?

Yes, yes, I know

OK, here's the problem. I have to position - actually, for upcoming DL FD itins - and since I have to buy these legs anyway, might as well check if they're useful as 1x. I can use two of them, so perhaps it might be worth two more TATL if the base is low enough. I know there are low ST C1-C2 fares for fall but I'd rather find one for Mar/Apr to keep my revolving stack topped up.

Found WAW-LAX with double 1x for 540 a.i. in Mar/Apr on the :-: best in class :-: airline, including the double 1x. But surely this can't be the best result.

For the relevant FD oppos check my recent MR posting.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
I admit Ive been out of this game for a while, but just noticed that the carrier based in the peach state has some very low fares throughout the entire pacific with OJ/3X on the return to North. (whatever you classify it as)
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: One Pass (Silver Elite)
I found a RT from apple to fish and chips in mid January with a $120 base fare, but can't seem to get a decent FD on it with a 3x. My 3x list is still only partial but I've tried, person of size, pineapple poke, 13 mile island, and curry in a hurry without any luck.

I could only get it down from $654ai to $600ai, which means there is a lot of YQ left on the fare.

Any suggestions for a 3x that has a better effect on the YQ for C1-C2? Nicknames are fine with me, I don't mind a little leg work and am still trying to add more to my list of possible 3xs'. Any help is much appreciated.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
Thanks and...

Originally Posted by Sagy
If you need, I have an excel spreadsheet with IATA codes and locations of over 4,200 airports including all the key 3x routes. It also includes another 1,100 airports with only ICAO code, and it also has IATA codes for key train stations (e.g. XMU, XRF) and metropolitan areas (e.g. CHI, TYO).
Thanks, Sagy. Do you have a similar list for *A? If you do, please PM me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.