Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2011, 1:13 am

Programs: AA
C4 to C1

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
You are not going about it the right way , trying to do too much.. The final C4-C1 kills the deal. End in C4 and take either a ONE-WAY AWARD C4-C1 or a FD C4-C1-C4.

Use a date for your final C1-C4 that will fit into yout future vacation - travel plans. There are $ 66.00 One-Way fares available from C4 to C1 and back.
I don't see the YQ to dump on any C4 - C1 fares (or even C1 - C4).
Can you throw a hint my way so I can dig into this? I travel this route every month so any combination will be of value. In particular, SFO to Brazil, but any C1/C4 is welcome
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by a11424
I don't see the YQ to dump on any C4 - C1 fares (or even C1 - C4).
Can you throw a hint my way so I can dig into this? I travel this route every month so any combination will be of value. In particular, SFO to Brazil, but any C1/C4 is welcome
YQ is illegal in Brazil. Just as it should be here. But this is Wild West USA where airlines can practice deceptive practices as they please. Only plus is that we are surgeons removing this malignancy. You are right. Several carriers have removed YQ from their fare structure such as AV. When AV merged with TA they adopted TA's fare structure. Last year I had AV Base Fares as low as $ 19.50 each way for All-in R/T cost ~ 200.00. My advise: As you leave your house facing the rising sun, first turn 90 degrees left and then turn 180 degrees right. Apart from a sprained neck muscle and the inability to dance samba, you may end up paying nearly half.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jul 30, 2011 at 12:18 pm
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Question for experts: is there any [more efficient] way of finding low base fares, other than what I've been doing - manually trying various routes in ITA and ExpertFlyer?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Miami Double Whammy

Nice little 2fer European Sampler
visits switzerland, Spain, U.K., Italy $669ai $334 each
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by giggy
If we are talking about the same alliance, you can get $ 288.84 each trip
(using a double decker ).

A Single trip to Europe on another alliance prices out and tickets on the carrier's own site at $ 249.75.

I think that is the current minimum after a few FDs were reduced in utility last week. Love to hear about anything lower.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: A3 Blue, SPG
How sweet it is.

$76 RT base fare makes anyone's mouth water. Now to the lab to see what combos can come out of this. Seems like most are matching.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
If we are talking about the same alliance, you can get $ 288.84 each trip
(using a double decker ).

A Single trip to Europe on another alliance prices out and tickets on the carrier's own site at $ 249.75.

I think that is the current minimum after a few FDs were reduced in utility last week. Love to hear about anything lower.
we're not
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by AA764
$76 RT base fare makes anyone's mouth water. Now to the lab to see what combos can come out of this. Seems like most are matching.
Are those from east only or wc also?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:35 pm
Suspended

we're not
Then to save money you should switch to the alliance I am talking about.

Of course a " Manage a Deux " de Alliances de Compagnies Ariennes is always fun albeit a little more expensive .

In further reviewing dates and connecting airports, I revise my Double Decker further downward from the $ 288.84 previously posted to $248.50 per R/T. Again on 1 Alliance only.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jul 30, 2011 at 3:12 pm
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:41 pm

Then to save money you should switch to the alliance I am talking about.
no thanks, I like mine better.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL FO; KE; HA; ex AQ
Red face The Fickle Sickle

I'm wondering if anyone had any hints to share on trimming the salo on the Hammer and Sickle. I've got 14K Rubles worth of the stuff on a fare from Jamaica Bay to the home base of the airline whose IATA code is a sacred syllable and whose ICAO code looks like Muggle.

None of these flights codeshare with the Hotlanta airline, which (being a total newbie) is about all I'm reliably handy with; here I'd've hoped that Southerners might enjoy eating salo in lieu of fatback, but no. I tried spending a bit of time with /xhr/shop parsing the JSON, but trying to brute force a 3x I've come up dry. I'd be thrilled for even just Cx-Cy suggestions for a 3x, as blundering around in the dark is certainly half the fun

I'm generally interested in fares outside of the purview of this thread to that destination from anywhere in C1, but as far as I know this is the only routing that splits the burden between muscle and fat. If there's better silk roads that lead to the same conclusion, with or without the lard, I'd be delighted to hear about them.

(Forgive the improvised code; I've read much of this thread but the code doesn't stick in my head so well. Purple monkey dishwasher.)

Or, to be less obtuse, is SU dumpable?

Last edited by juli; Jul 30, 2011 at 3:17 pm Reason: It would help if I got my geography right. And might as well take Neil791's advice.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by juli
I'm wondering if anyone had any hints to share on trimming the salo on the Hammer and Sickle. I've got 14K Rubles worth of the stuff on a fare from Flushing Bay to the home base of the airline whose IATA code is a sacred syllable and whose ICAO code looks like Muggle.

None of these flights codeshare with the Hotlanta airline, which (being a total newbie) is about all I'm reliably handy with; here I'd've hoped that Southerners might enjoy eating salo in lieu of fatback, but no. I tried spending a bit of time with /xhr/shop parsing the JSON, but trying to brute force a 3x I've come up dry. I'd be thrilled for even just Cx-Cy suggestions for a 3x, as blundering around in the dark is certainly half the fun

I'm generally interested in fares outside of the purview of this thread to that destination from anywhere in C1, but as far as I know this is the only routing that splits the burden between muscle and fat. If there's better silk roads that lead to the same conclusion, with or without the lard, I'd be delighted to hear about them.

(Forgive the improvised code; I've read much of this thread but the code doesn't stick in my head so well. Purple monkey dishwasher.)
Let me be the first to mention that coded questions equal zero responses, whereas coded answers are often the most common form of feedback.

BTW welcome to FT
Old Jul 30, 2011, 3:09 pm

So Rome for Thanksgiving might be possible after all??!!

There goes my Sat...
Old Jul 30, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
I feel like a Cub Scout who hasn't reached Webelos status!

I've been using FlyerTalk, probably for around 10 years when I was still in Minneapolis and flying NWA. And I've used other threads and just started to read this thread.

I'm sorry didn't discover this sooner. It is a bit daunting for an old fart like me, but is also fun for one who loves word games.

Thanks for all your advice and I'm hoping I can start using it soon and advance to Merit Badge status as an Explorer Scout in the days and years to come.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 3:28 pm

^giggy.

WWE,
They are not in the same alliance.

Last edited by Dalat767; Jul 30, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.