Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: M&M Sen
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
A Bird which Can Not fly may be able to help You. That answer was Leading and yet Misleading and at the same time: Misleading, yet Leading, YOU decide :-)

My ex-Wife tells me that I am not smart enough to really know how smart I really am. Then I told her that was exactly WHY I married her. THAT DID NOT GO OVER TOO WELL. HELP ME ! ! WHY did THAT happen ? - Women HUH ! ! !
Daaaamn, been decoding lingo just for the last week, so still a novice at this, but I'll figure this out if it takes a few more sleepless nights. Think I have part of it figured out already, -much- gratitude for the clue!!
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
can VS be dumped?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SKYMILES Medallion, LH Senator AF KL AC
Originally Posted by cesco.g
FJS - Bundeskanzler? when was that?

However, at least there is an airport still named after him, good for a FD, BD (Beer Dump) included.
You are right. He ran for that job 1980 while I was in away at university ( too much beer and thus memory loss) but lost I now recall. Ein Echter Bayer - but what do I know - I am from the north.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: US,UA,DL,AS
This is an interesting place.

I do a good amount of travel to attend international conferences and have been looking for ways to reduce the cost since it is out of my own pocket. I am new to this site but I see that many people share information about good deals. I like that. Then I saw this area and I am trying to find out what is happening. Is it about making a trip longer than necessary ? to earn more miles or to get a lower price ? I am only so so with computers but know how to buy on Orbitz and Expedia but sometimes I find that the prices are way high. Y'all find the good deals on Expedia also ?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:19 pm

did anyone succeeded with 9w? also, if you do person of size to c1-c2 on queens airline you loose 67% of yq. base fares are high however
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by flargley
Anyone have any fat with l'equipe du ciel? I can do heavy lifting.
I would be interested in tutelage/hints. I've figured out some tricks for C1-C3 on the widget using eskimos from Amazon to maple syrup or a spring break run, but being C2-based at present, I'd like C2-C3 runs, ideally. Fare rules on flying Dutchmen and surrenderers seem to make combos hard.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by S.Brown.MD
Then I saw this area and I am trying to find out what is happening. Is it about making a trip longer than necessary ? to earn more miles or to get a lower price ?
Welcome to FT! To simply the matters a lot, most of FT is about maximizing travel points and perks, including frequent flyer miles, elite status, hotels and car rentals.

However, this thread is an exception and basically focuses on reducing costs. Experience has convinced many that open discussion kills these special opportunities, so people tend to speak in riddles. You won't understand most of the talk; the language is ever changing and even after a few years at this, much of it just flies by me.

To get some tangible benefits right away, I suggest you scan Mileage Run Deals forum regularly, in addition to the dedicated forums for the airlines/hotels that interest you.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: US,UA,DL,AS
Originally Posted by aktchi
However, this thread is an exception and basically focuses on reducing costs. Experience has convinced many that open discussion kills these special opportunities, so people tend to speak in riddles. You won't understand most of the talk; the language is ever changing and even after a few years at this, much of it just flies by me.
Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. That was helpful. I have read intensely for the last 2 hours and it seems to me that the savings are sometimes substantial. I could not believe the prices people were getting for trips to Japan. Are those still available as I must go to Kyoto for a conference in October. Are there any glossaries I could look at, manuals I could buy or tutoring service for hire out there I could use to understand better.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
FD Virginity Lost

It is with great pleasure that I lost my booked FD virginity yesterday courtesy of some hard work, help from certain people along the way, and of course a particular Canadian booking site which made things even easier!

I wasn't able to save a ton of money but I did save enough for it to be worthwhile and its a 'win, win' situation for the wife and I as it was her ticket which was booked.

The irony of it all however is once the trip is over she'll be *G and i'll still be a few thousand miles behind looks like she'll be guesting me into the lounge next time
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
I LOVE IT - A deflowered Canadian

Originally Posted by Neil791
FD Virginity Lost.
It is with great pleasure that I lost my booked FD virginity yesterday courtesy of some hard work, help from certain people along the way, and of course a particular Canadian booking site which made things even easier!
I LOVE IT - A deflowered ( married ) Canadian Guy ! ! !
Who " Popped the Cherry" and where did it happen ? What took you so long ? Care to share the "particular" Canadian Booking Site. I have had problems getting properly laid by a Canadienne on my way from NYC to LONDON but as you say: It took hard work and help from certain people. Since I am a YQ slut, I will go to anyone's "particular" house of YQ pleasure.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Who " Popped the Cherry" and where did it happen ? What took you so long ? Care to share the "particular" Canadian Booking Site.
Quite a pleasure indeed to see the final cost sub several hundred dollars courtesy of a particular strike on top of a C1-C3 itin on the bride/groom. Unfortunately it wasn't a 100% dump but it was significant enough to work with what we needed given the time constraints.

Timing as they say is everything and it was nothing but timing which has taken me so long to pull the trigger. As i work in shipping i'm at sea for long periods of time hence the limited windows to fly for pleasure as opposed to company sponsored where i'm not out of pocket yet still earn the miles.

As you've been an asset in my quest WWE, you've got a PM that i hope will help with your TATL quest in search of decimating YQ's ^
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Neil791
Quite a pleasure indeed to see the final cost sub several hundred dollars courtesy of a particular strike on top of a C1-C3 itin on the bride/groom. Unfortunately it wasn't a 100% dump but it was significant enough to work with what we needed given the time constraints.

Timing as they say is everything and it was nothing but timing which has taken me so long to pull the trigger. As i work in shipping i'm at sea for long periods of time hence the limited windows to fly for pleasure as opposed to company sponsored where i'm not out of pocket yet still earn the miles.

As you've been an asset in my quest WWE, you've got a PM that i hope will help with your TATL quest in search of decimating YQ's ^
What was your final All-in price you actually paid from North America to Asia and back ?

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 9, 2011 at 11:59 am
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SKYMILES Medallion, LH Senator AF KL AC
Originally Posted by S.Brown.MD
Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. That was helpful. I have read intensely for the last 2 hours and it seems to me that the savings are sometimes substantial. I could not believe the prices people were getting for trips to Japan. Are those still available as I must go to Kyoto for a conference in October. Are there any glossaries I could look at, manuals I could buy or tutoring service for hire out there I could use to understand better.
Last year I was put in contact with a woman in Toronto ( I think ) who helped find a very cheap ticket. As I recall, all you had to do was end your trip in Canada and the price went way down. I could be wrong but I think the price was about $ 325.00 ( does that sound right ? ). She also had a number of other ways and sent me a list of possible ways to do it. I did not quite understand it but she was very good and easy to deal with. Because we were traveling with a family of 4 and we saved a lot of real money, it was well worth it. If you are interested, PM me, and I can look in my files and see if I still have her telephone number.

Last edited by IGOPLACES; Aug 8, 2011 at 9:05 am
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
flying with Richard from apple to go cheer "Bafana Bafana" $734 YQ with $172 base fares dates in feb would love some help..
Old Aug 8, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
C6

After slogging through this thread, I am not finding much talk of various activities involving C6. I certainly can't make anything there work. Are others doing this with success?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.