Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
Just got my JFK-GYE BP with a seat on it. No muss no fuss Now at AA Flagship. Good deal, thanks to OP
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I originally booked LHR JFK GYE, decided I wanted the MIA routing instead. I cancelled online within 10 minutes, it says 24 hour free cancellation so figured it was fine.

i just called them to confirm the refund, and they say I had to CALL within 24 hours and that online cancellation does not qualify for the free refund. They say I forfeit the $2100 or so.

I said this cannot be, I re booked the same ticket immediately after.

advice? On hold for a supervisor. He says this is BA policy?

i think this guy was just wrong. I said please let me ask your supervisor, he said sorry for the inconvenience but she will say the same thing, he said I should send an email. I said again I need to speak to the supervisor. He came back and said they will be processing the refund. What a dick !

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Oct 3, 2017 at 8:19 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by kodawg9
Anyone able to reserve seats for the LATAM legs? I booked thru BA's website.
Same problem here. Booked through OTA. When I plug in my record locator on LATAM site it says "Pay for your trip" but displays the proper itinerary. BA shows both segments on their record locator. Called LATAM and they said it isn't confirmed but they didn't seem too qualified.

I don't doubt the flight is booked but I would like to select seats.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I originally booked LHR JFK GYE, decided I wanted the MIA routing instead. I cancelled online within 10 minutes, it says 24 hour free cancellation so figured it was fine.

i just called them to confirm the refund, and they say I had to CALL within 24 hours and that online cancellation does not qualify for the free refund. They say I forfeit the $2100 or so.

i think this guy was just wrong. I said please let me ask your supervisor, he said sorry for the inconvenience but she will say the same thing, he said I should send an email. I said again I need to speak to the supervisor. He came back and said they will be processing the refund. What a dick !
W tf?? I too cancelled one of these itineraries online and when I looked online to “manage my reservation” it said it had been cancelled and they were processing my refund back to my original payment. Now this post has me worried.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Yes but was your ticket actually issued? Who did you book with? When was your travel dates?
HKG as I am traveling in Asia now. Nov 24 - Nov 29
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by altitude75k
HKG as I am traveling in Asia now. Nov 24 - Nov 29

Wait what are you talking about? You’re the one who had everyone panick that they weren’t going to honor this specific fare. We’re talking about the LHR- GYE fare. What are YOU talking about?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by DrSE
Just got my JFK-GYE BP with a seat on it. No muss no fuss Now at AA Flagship. Good deal, thanks to OP
In J, I assume, right?

Last edited by nk15; Oct 3, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
Originally Posted by nk15
In J, assume, right?
Of course
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:23 pm

W tf?? I too cancelled one of these itineraries online and when I looked online to “manage my reservation” it said it had been cancelled and they were processing my refund back to my original payment. Now this post has me worried.
I got the email that they were processing the refund manually. It did not say anything about getting a full refund so I just wanted to call and confirm. Actually if you check the email or your reservation where it says you have 24 hours to cancel for free it does say you have to CALL. That is what originally promoted me to call in (after I had already cancelled). Not sure if I got lucky or the phone agent was just a fool. But I would suggest you call in to confirm ...
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT, PC PLT, BAEC, QFF
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

I'm afraid that indeed the case... it's the the highlighted grey/yellow box before you pay. 24hr "I've made a mistake" refund can only be done over the phone. Online cancellation = standard cancellation so for cheap non-flex economy = tax refund (minus fees) only.... but basically whatever the cancellation fare rules are plus cancellation admin fees.

Last edited by akira22098; Oct 3, 2017 at 9:44 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by akira22098
I'm afraid that indeed the case... it's the the highlighted grey/yellow box before you pay. 24hr "I've made a mistake" refund can only be done over the phone. Online cancellation = standard cancellation so for cheap non-flex economy = tax refund (minus fees) only.... but basically whatever the cancellation fare rules are plus cancellation admin fees.
What sense does that make? It is either a free 24 hour cancellation or it isn’t. Then I guess I hope the agent was telling the truth at the end. I asked for an email confirmation but he refused to send me anything, “sir this line is recorded you are fine” he says I am getting both fully refunded.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by akira22098
What’s ridiculous is that the website tells you the request a refund through the website!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:57 pm
Suspended

I’m on hold now. I hate hate calling these guys. How long is the usual hold time?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:58 pm

I’m on hold now. I hate hate calling these guys. How long is the usual hold time?
mine a hour or so ago was only about 5-6 minutes
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:12 pm
Suspended

I was actually surprised they are still open. Got through within about 10 minutes. Got a very nice Indian lady who was kind and double checked with the refunds department and said everything was in order and will be refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.